A few questions about AFs, and ethos AFs in particular...

After thumbing through various threads and such, I'm thinking i might actually chronical this outdoor grow. I've never compiled a journal, let alone one to post, but I think I'll do this one, as I've so many new (to me) elements coming together.

Am i right in thinking that a fabric pot is going to give me a longer veg time with an auto than will a plastic one?

Also, if anyone has any input on certain strains that they know get medium to big (which I'm guessing puts that in the 4-7+' tall range for autos) that yield well with quality flowers, I'm all ears. So far, the MGs mango smile, the sour stomper (the ad blurb got me on that one), and, just because of the name, Samsquantch OG (too bad Ricky didn't have that one). I'll be putting these up against some ethos autos for some playful competition.

After thumbing through various threads and such, I'm thinking i might actually chronical this outdoor grow. I've never compiled a journal, let alone one to post, but I think I'll do this one, as I've so many new (to me) elements coming together.
Ypu should strongly consider this. It helps as a grower to record past grows and see how you dealt with challenges in the past. Helps out other too.

Am i right in thinking that a fabric pot is going to give me a longer veg time with an auto than will a plastic one?
Not in any appreciable sense. Veg time is mostly set by the genetic clock.

Also, if anyone has any input on certain strains that they know get medium to big (which I'm guessing puts that in the 4-7+' tall range for autos) that yield well with quality flowers, I'm all ears. So far, the MGs mango smile, the sour stomper (the ad blurb got me on that one), and, just because of the name, Samsquantch OG (too bad Ricky didn't have that one). I'll be putting these up against some ethos autos for some playful competition.
There are also 2 new Mango Smile crosses in the newest Illuminauto drop, Double Smile (Double Grape x Mango Smile) and Marley’s Grin ( SODK x Mango Smile). I will be dropping both of them alongside some Pink Panama outdoors this year.

There are also 2 new Mango Smile crosses in the newest Illuminauto drop, Double Smile (Double Grape x Mango Smile) and Marley’s Grin ( SODK x Mango Smile). I will be dropping both of them alongside some Pink Panama outdoors this year.
Both of the new MS crosses are available on Wednesday again as part of the 4/20 drop. It really pays off to order directly from Mephisto, the freebies are great and you will always get the most up to date generation.

I’m not even a little surprised they’re using mango smile in their crosses. Mine turned out amazing. I need some of those DGxMS but haven’t ever ordered from them. How do I do it?

I’m not even a little surprised they’re using mango smile in their crosses. Mine turned out amazing. I need some of those DGxMS but haven’t ever ordered from them. How do I do it?
They are pretty easy to order direct since the new website has been up. Store is open most Mondays from Noon (west coast US time). This week the store is open on Wednesday for 4/20 with a special pack and a few more strains than are usually available on the Monday drops. Check their website for additional details.

Ypu should strongly consider this. It helps as a grower to record past grows and see how you dealt with challenges in the past. Helps out other too.

This. I've been growing awhile. Never did an online grow journal. Lurked here for a long time before joining. Decided to finally start a grow journal (linked in my lil signature down there), and it was one of the best things I've done. Dunno if I have ever helped anyone, I'm a little nutty. But it's sure helped me. I can at least reference back on the first portion of that journal for my current run and see how my progress stacks up. We recently had to move, and I took about 3-4 months off. Felt like I had forgotten everything (or lost my touch), but being able to go back and look really has helped.

Not in any appreciable sense. Veg time is mostly set by the genetic clock.

Can o worms I guess. But that seems to be more of a 50/50 split. And totally cool that we may disagree because we always can learn. I feel from my experiences and observation, pot size does make a difference. Or possibly rather, pot depth. But - bigger pot would usually mean deeper pot. Again, diminishing returns at what point? And no, a solo cup grow is not going to harvest in a week. The plant still has to complete a life cycle. This is an easy experiment for everyone to try on their own. Grow a plant in a 5 gallon, and another in a 10. See what happens. I suppose 3 gallon vs 7 may be similar and more manageable for some.

2 gallon vs 3? Maybe not a appreciable difference?

See above for differing opinions on this. But if you are growing a large quantity of plants, then you are actually a perfect candidate to document and play out our theories to results. Mix it up. 3 gallon, 5, 7, 10. See what happens.

@BlackWaterPark
If I understand it right you want to grow around 200 plants on a field with max yield!?
I from breeder side would say you need a f1 cross from a auto x auto , the best would be uniform stable lines on both side to produce top notch f1 hybrids. To choose the right one take a look around what the people want at the market and start to contact different breeder to find the right strains to the cross yourself or ask if someone is able to do it for you.
Maybe this could be a good way or helps a bit

Have a nice day
cu tobe

They are pretty easy to order direct since the new website has been up. Store is open most Mondays from Noon (west coast US time). This week the store is open on Wednesday for 4/20 with a special pack and a few more strains than are usually available on the Monday drops. Check their website for additional details.
Thanks for this tidbit actually. I had no idea, but I'll check it out for sure. So, of I'm reading this right, normally you can only order on Mondays?

Grow a plant in a 5 gallon, and another in a 10. See what happens. I suppose 3 gallon vs 7 may be similar and more manageable for some.

As everything will be on the same automatic drip stake feeding system, I'm shooting for uniform pot size for simplicity's sake. I suspect I'll end up with 5 gallon pots for this grow, just as a baseline to see how much I can coax out of it. If it looks promising, I'll make adjustments from there.
If I understand it right you want to grow around 200 plants on a field with max yield!?
The original idea was 200 in 3gal pots, but upsizing to 5 gal will push that count down to 100-120, I think. I've done my share of F1s and RBX1s in the past, but I'm not a breeder, and not even a pheno hunter really. I'm willing to pay for someone to do that work for me quite honestly. I like the sureshots that check all the boxes (or at least most of them). We've paid some pretty insane prices in the past for cuts (beleaf's 2.0s white truffle, daily grapes, and ice cream cake come to mind). That being said, i do happen to have a stellar cut of Cherry Punch that I've been thinking about crossing with my favorite plant ever, West Side Creeper. But I wouldn't even call myself an amateur breeder

Back