Lighting 4 Girls 3 LED's (2 x NL & 2 x Auto Bomb. 2 x eshine DS 300 & 1 x Vipar B2X3) Arty's Dwarfing Technique

Hi red.

Thanks for the kind words and fro dropping by.

I started with my two DS300 from Eshine which in my spaced did a good job. I however wanted to maximize the amount of light in my cab and bought the Vipar.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the Vipar (my model is the B2X3) and I am very happy with it. It was £180 which was £120 cheaper than my E-shines per unit (each E-shine was £300)

The vipar is 30W less actual draw than the E-shines @ 150W actual draw.

The Vipar is what the Auto Bombs were under, with the Northern Lights either side under the E-shines, the auto bomb will have received some cross over light from the E-shines, but conversely, the Northern Lights woulkd have had some cross over of light from the Vipar.

Vipar are now phasing out my model and concentrating on 5W chips and COB's.

As you can see they are good for all stages of growth right up until chop.

Combining with your HPS should give good results, but since I went all led I won't be going back to HPS.

If I was to use HID again I would use Ceramic Metal Halide (not to be confused with ordinary Metal Halide) but honestly, I love LED.

I get a lot of helicopters in my area, LED light are just above the ambient temp of my cab, so blend better with those temps.

HPS bulbs get hot and produce pinpoints of heat which are more easily picked up with FLIR cameras.

Thanks for that arty.
My 250 hps can get a bit hot in summer,even in the UK.So was thinking of going all led if needs be in warmer months.
Funds are low atm so will have to buy accordingly,but will probs save up for a better light in future.
Cheers arty,GL.

Great grow man ! I really like that transplant at flower to keep height and stretch in check... How'd the northern lights finish out for you ? Will be stopping by your sweet seeds grow, bloody skunk is one of the strains on my next order list :smoke:

Great grow man ! I really like that transplant at flower to keep height and stretch in check... How'd the northern lights finish out for you ? Will be stopping by your sweet seeds grow, bloody skunk is one of the strains on my next order list :smoke:

In the end I got 5OZ of the two Autobombs and another 9 & 3/4 OZ of of the Two Northern lights under 510W {actual draw} LED

So I was happy, I* have to say getting 2 & 1/2 OZ of a 12" plant was awesome.

I employed two methods to keep em short & stout, one was the transfer at sex as you mentioned , the other is to keep temp equal in dark and light periods which really helps reduce stretch.

Thanks for stopping by, I will be starting a new Mephisto grow in the new year. I already have "Tyrone Special and Hubbabubbamellowscope" and now have to choose my third strain , which I won in the Mephisto Secret Santa but I'm leaning towards Toof Decay maybe if they are available.

Hope to see you when they pop :D

Great! Not many people seem to control the DIF in their rooms (atleast discuss it), with plants growing most in the first 3-4 hours of the day - if those 3-4 hours are warmer than the average daily temp you get node stretch, if those 3-4 hours are colder than average daily temp keeps the nodes nice and tight.

Here are some pictures of the Autobombs at harvest.

I just found them and had forgotten I took them lol

DSCN2348 (FILEminimizer).jpgDSCN2349 (FILEminimizer).jpgDSCN2350 (FILEminimizer).jpgDSCN2351 (FILEminimizer).jpgDSCN2352 (FILEminimizer).jpgDSCN2354 (FILEminimizer).jpgDSCN2355 (FILEminimizer).jpg
The biggest nug {top rightish}in the above pic was roughly the size of my clenched fist to give you an idea of scale. The nugs in the above pic is the 12" auto bomb and got 5 OZ from the two of them.

Back