New Grower 3rd Grow after a 3 year break

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blueberry OG
Well, i'm back at it again after my living situation prevented me from growing for the last 3 years.

In my rush to get going again, i pretty much repeated all my 1st time grower mistakes (ooops).
Should have read my previous grow journals and refreshed my knowledge, but i guess i needed another smack to the face to learn.

Anyways.. here's this summer indoor grow setup:

Upgraded from a 50x50x100cm tent to a 100x100x200cm.
Will be using the old tent for drying/veg.
Bought a new exhaust fan with temp sensor/speed control.
New light coming in a few days... HLG 260w XW Quantum Board LED 3000k.
Currently running on a 250w HPS.

Strains: Onyx and Himalaya Blue Diesel (Short Stuff Seeds),
Purple Ryder (Joint Doctors) and Blueberry OG (Original Sensible).
I grew the Onyx and HBD on my 2nd grow, check out my previous journal if you want to see them.
The Blueberry OG was a freebie and apparently a photoperiod strain.

The Setup:
Tent:
100x100x200cm
Light: 250w HPS (20-40 cm above canopy)
Light Schedule: 18/6
Ventilation: 125mm exhaust fan with speed control and temp sensor + 2 small fans for circulation
Pot: 8L
Soil: Plagron Batmix
Water pH: 6.5
Nutrients: Soil premixed with 6 weeks of nutes. Nothing fed yet.
Temps: Day 25-32C : Night 18-24C
Humidity: 10-70% : 40% average

The "I am an idiot" list:
1. Transplanted the girls way too many times. Completely forgot about the no transplanting autos thing.
2. Did not recalibrate my PH-meter after 3 years without use. (Fed them water with 7.5 PH)
3. Did not prepare for the insane heatwave thats been going on for the last few months.
In the seedling stage i had no dome and the humidity dropped to 10% with around 28-32c average first few weeks. Have since aquired a humidifier and will have AC installed for the whole house this week (YAAAAYYYY).
4. Used Plagron Batmix from the getgo, which is more designed for flowering plants. Low in N, high in P and K. Have bought a bag of lightmix for the next round.

I am currently on day 33 since germination, and i am looking at 10-15g per plant harvest by the looks of it.

Day 5:
Dag 3-5.jpg

Day 32 Blueberry OG
Dag 30-32 (3).jpg

Day 32 Onyx
Dag 30-32 (8).jpg

Day 32 HBD
Dag 30-32 (21).jpg

Day 32 Purple Ryder
Dag 30-32 (17).jpg

Best of luck mate. Can’t beat a bit of homegrown!

HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Yeah even if it's gonna be a small harvest this round, at least i'm getting something hopefully :)
Wondering if i'm just gonna keep that photoperiod strain on 18/6 till the auto's are about done, then switch it to 12/12.
Try out some different training techniques and maby do a scrog with it.

Good luck.

Sent with Tapatalk while vaping something sweet.

Looks like you will get some bud, you have learnt a lot in your first grow! That's a load of mistakes you shouldn't make on the next one :)

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Back