Mephisto Genetics 3BOG - Grow Dots/Recharge/Tap Water

Heres a pic of what im talking about. All these are plants popped the same day. There 15 days old today. one of the big ones has dyno the other great white. Kinda doing a side by side to see. But they are blowing the grow dots out the water. Imo.

bottom center is the bourbon berry in grow dots.
View attachment 1489804View attachment 1489805View attachment 1489806
Yeah that's odd. My 3BOG took right off and didn't show any signs of issues till shortly after flower started. It seems that some strains are liking the grow dots and others not so much. Might just be a doseage issue as well or who knows I guess it could just be an unlucky runt.

Yeah that's odd. My 3BOG took right off and didn't show any signs of issues till shortly after flower started. It seems that some strains are liking the grow dots and others not so much. Might just be a doseage issue as well or who knows I guess it could just be an unlucky runt.
Could be genetics. Different pheno maybe? It could also be the dots? Who knows, they are new. I don't see any leaf tip burn though but she is very green for sure. I'm not 100 percent sure tho exactly.

Day 40:

The ZN deficiency has only progressed ever so slightly. Nothing I'm really worried about as this plant is already seeming to outpace one in a 3 gallon pot that's a week older. So far pretty impressed!
PXL_20220723_035600978.jpg
PXL_20220723_035605482.jpg

Day 46:

Despite the Zn deficiency the 3BOG is still progressing along well. I realized I never mentioned that this plant has my first double cola on it! Pretty cool to see that for the first time. Wish I could do something about the deficiencies on it as it's a beautiful plant so far. Will give 12g or 15g a try next time depending on how my Ogreberry does at 20g. Thinking it's starting to fade which would put it at about 3 weeks left or around 60-67 days. Will continue to update as she goes! Still just water and recharge. Thanks for stopping by!
PXL_20220727_192536656.jpg
PXL_20220727_192545139.jpg
PXL_20220727_192608504.jpg
PXL_20220727_192558305.jpg

@MIAutomatic what do you think about my 3BOG? I have been considering trying to do a light feed of some FF tiger bloom cause I have it on hand. Just to see if it helps but the crispy ends are what make me hesitant.

@MIAutomatic what do you think about my 3BOG? I have been considering trying to do a light feed of some FF tiger bloom cause I have it on hand. Just to see if it helps but the crispy ends are what make me hesitant.
That’s a tough call, but I think your plant is showing more signs of nutrient burn than of deficiency. Deficiency tends to start at the bottom and work it’s way up, while burn usually starts at the top and works it’s way down. Your top leaves seem more affected and the way the tips are burning does look more like nutrient burn to me. On The plant CannabisMingus has going his lower leaves are the most affected and his upper leaves are showing more of a fade out than a burn.

I think I wouldn’t add anything maybe water to a little runoff and check the ph and EC. If the dots are releasing too much maybe washing some salts out of the soil could help? It’s a tough call, that plant and CM’s were both looking so great heading into flowering. I wish I could say grow dots for the win, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Hey bro,
IMHO… when plants are about 2 weeks into flower and going through their stretch period is when they need the most nutrients. I double up on my DTE 4-8-4 top dress and also add dolomite lime when my plants are stretching to avoid any deficiencies. I noticed that Tattoochase and Mingus all have had the same problems right around the same time as well.
Just my opinion. :rolleyes1:

That’s a tough call, but I think your plant is showing more signs of nutrient burn than of deficiency. Deficiency tends to start at the bottom and work it’s way up, while burn usually starts at the top and works it’s way down. Your top leaves seem more affected and the way the tips are burning does look more like nutrient burn to me. On The plant CannabisMingus has going his lower leaves are the most affected and his upper leaves are showing more of a fade out than a burn.

I think I wouldn’t add anything maybe water to a little runoff and check the ph and EC. If the dots are releasing too much maybe washing some salts out of the soil could help? It’s a tough call, that plant and CM’s were both looking so great heading into flowering. I wish I could say grow dots for the win, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Okay cool deal I'm glad I asked. That was my suspicion but I was worried it was going the other way and I just misdiagnosed it. I think CM did 15g per gallon. This one is at 25g and is showing burning. I overwatered the recharge to get a bit of runoff a day or two ago so that should have helped. Might just try to water a bit more to help flush it again.

If the 20g Ogreberry stays the course then it just might be a good sweet spot to start at. Guess we shall see.

Hey bro,
IMHO… when plants are about 2 weeks into flower and going through their stretch period is when they need the most nutrients. I double up on my DTE 4-8-4 top dress and also add dolomite lime when my plants are stretching to avoid any deficiencies. I noticed that Tattoochase and Mingus all have had the same problems right around the same time as well.
Just my opinion. :rolleyes1:
Yeah I think you're spot on there. I've noticed this as well so I adjusted my schedule to accommodate. I do the 4 oz of 4-8-4 every week along with 1/2 oz of bone meal for a boost of P because all of my plants have been showing P deficiency some get an extra dose depending. On top of that I now add 1 tbsp of Dolomite lime and diatomaceous earth every 3 weeks starting with the first top dress. Along with the usual worm castings and soil. Plus the weekly recharge. I also upped my calimagic to 90 ppms instead of just 50 to help with any calcium deficiencies. Those have reared their head later in my grow as well. My Fog Dog and Moth Man have both gotten this treatment since the first top dress and are doing great so far.

Day 52:

The 3BOG is liking the larger tent. Been putting on some weight and actually regaining some green color. Appears to have worked through whatever issues it had before. Not looking bad despite the issues, even has a very distinct spicy OG smell to her. Thanks for stopping by!
PXL_20220802_203427651.jpg
PXL_20220802_203431301.jpg
PXL_20220802_203435274.jpg

Back