Indoor 2nd round: Indoor 2x4, QBs, LOS w/GPS, RQS, Seedsman, and a bonus Outdoor grow!

Looking really solid Bro! Good job [emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I like to share and learn (and show off a little).
Along those lines, here's an update on everything!
Outside, the Cheese has been planted into the ground in my garden. Compost and soil amendments were added to native soil and turned, then the 5G fabric bag was removed, and the Cheese pma red at grade.
The other two potted plants, one Orange Blossom Special and one Sky Dweller, were upgraded from 5G to 20G fabric bags.
I'll have to update soon with some outdoors photos.

Here's an overall indoor update. As you can see, the Diesel and the younger Purple Kush are out of tent, and currently in their same pots outside. I'm getting ready to flower the two photo period plants, the Snake Oil and a Sky Dweller clone (of SD2, the 6' tall outdoor plant in ground in my garden) The two plants were today transplanted into 7G fabric bags (from 3G bags).
The Amnesia and Purple Kush [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] will probably be harvested within the week.
IMG_20190729_223048.jpg

Hey all!
Part of my reason for posting here is to share, but also so I can keep track of the sort of hard and fast trials I'm running out here.

As a new grower, I want to try to gain as much experience as possible, so I'm trying to touch on a few different growing styles.

With this in mind, I wanted to illustrate my outdoor plants and the mainlining I did, and comparison between potted plants and in-ground plants.

IMG_20190730_135505.jpg

IMG_20190730_134911.jpg

So, this Sky Dweller above was mainlined for 8, then had a mishap in the subsequent LST, leaving it with 6 trunks at that point. It has been interesting watching the plant even out the two halves (between 4 trunks/2 trunks) so that each portion seems to be growing at about the same rate. This particular plant is now my tallest and strongest. It is really enjoying being in the ground, and is now taller than me at approx 6'.

IMG_20190730_134749.jpg

This OBS was definitely planted too close to SD#2, and is being crowded something fierce! It's almost as tall as its neighbor, though.

IMG_20190730_135743.jpg

These two potted plants were transplanted over the past two days, and seem to be ready to take off! It'll be exciting to see how they compare with their in-ground sisters now that they have a lot more room to play with.
IMG_20190730_134459.jpg
IMG_20190730_135017.jpg

So, the two potted plants (OBS4 and SD1), and the Cheese which was just planted in-ground yesterday, have been receiving synthetic nutes (MegaCrop) right up until these latest transplants. I am going to attempt to shift them to organic growing now. They were all given a mix of my own LOS blend, with some compost and decent potting soil, along with a few organic soil amendments.

All transplants were also able to receive some mycorrizhal fungi (rhizophagus intraradicies) since I finally got some. I can't wait to see how their growth pattern (hopefully!) improves!

It's my goal to make all of my currently growing plants water-only (with the exception of top-dressing, and compost teas (when I finally get a brewer - money is tight right now as I just got dismissed from my job).

The other plants I've been running in a full-strength LOS are doing very well, so we will see if this translates or not. If not, I'll fall back to providing some synthetics to fill the gap.

Attachments

• IMG_20190730_134749.jpg
    IMG_20190730_134749.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Hey all!
Part of my reason for posting here is to share, but also so I can keep track of the sort of hard and fast trials I'm running out here.

As a new grower, I want to try to gain as much experience as possible, so I'm trying to touch on a few different growing styles.

With this in mind, I wanted to illustrate my outdoor plants and the mainlining I did, and comparison between potted plants and in-ground plants.

View attachment 1084522
View attachment 1084528
So, this Sky Dweller above was mainlined for 8, then had a mishap in the subsequent LST, leaving it with 6 trunks at that point. It has been interesting watching the plant even out the two halves (between 4 trunks/2 trunks) so that each portion seems to be growing at about the same rate. This particular plant is now my tallest and strongest. It is really enjoying being in the ground, and is now taller than me at approx 6'.

View attachment 1084564
This OBS was definitely planted too close to SD#2, and is being crowded something fierce! It's almost as tall as its neighbor, though.

View attachment 1084523
These two potted plants were transplanted over the past two days, and seem to be ready to take off! It'll be exciting to see how they compare with their in-ground sisters now that they have a lot more room to play with.
View attachment 1084526 View attachment 1084527

So, the two potted plants (OBS4 and SD1), and the Cheese which was just planted in-ground yesterday, have been receiving synthetic nutes (MegaCrop) right up until these latest transplants. I am going to attempt to shift them to organic growing now. They were all given a mix of my own LOS blend, with some compost and decent potting soil, along with a few organic soil amendments.

All transplants were also able to receive some mycorrizhal fungi (rhizophagus intraradicies) since I finally got some. I can't wait to see how their growth pattern (hopefully!) improves!

It's my goal to make all of my currently growing plants water-only (with the exception of top-dressing, and compost teas (when I finally get a brewer - money is tight right now as I just got dismissed from my job).

The other plants I've been running in a full-strength LOS are doing very well, so we will see if this translates or not. If not, I'll fall back to providing some synthetics to fill the gap.

wow! :yoinks: i mean...like...wow! :clapper: :thumbsup: ppp

I had a change of heart today. I'm so in love with the smell of the first Purple Kush CBD I growing, and so impressed with the growth I'm seeing from my organic soil mix in these two autos, I decided to bring them back into my tent.
IMG_20190801_233826.jpg

So the Sky Dweller and the Snake Oil are outside. I was also afraid that the stretch would have made the plants to tell to flower inside. I will plan on doing a one or two plant scrog of photo period plant(s) in the near future.

The two little plants, PK#1 and Amnesia#1, are on day 65 and are almost ready to harvest. Waiting for a few more amber/purple trichomes. The smell is just awesome on this one. I would describe it but I'm terrible at naming smells. It just smells great to me.
IMG_20190801_235921.jpg

Yesterday, when I brought the NY Diesel Auto in, I discovered that even with my light fixture at nearly maximum height, it was still too close - so I topped it.
IMG_20190802_225510.jpg

I also applied some moderate LST, after installing a raised ring. Today, the plant has responded very well, with noticeable continued growth and movement on those upper branches. I will attempt to route the branches in a circular pattern, as far as necessary.
The plant is just edging into flower, finally. There are just a few more calyxes and pistils than preflower, by my estimation. It's growing quite tall under my QBs. I have had to keep the power moderate because of high ambient temperatures, but most of the plants I grow don't get too vertical.

Back