Seed Stockers 2021 Seedstockers Solo Cup Challenge

seedstockers solo cup grow off poll vote for 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lets play spot the gelato :crying: anyone want a plant iv got some to spare :baked:

20210519_005029.jpg

cheers 4d i appreciate it :thumbsup:

i wonder how much root bounding comes into play here with the soil growers? not so much a issue in coco if you try to treat it like hydro

That’s a good question, and one for someone more experience than I. Do the excess roots restrict the oxygen or what does the root bounding do that the coco helps with?

That’s a good question, and one for someone more experience than I. Do the excess roots restrict the oxygen or what does the root bounding do that the coco helps with?
im not sure myself from what i understand coco holds a certain amount of oxygen basically no matter how much you water (once your roots are established) maybe someone can help us out with this who is experienced with soil growing in smaller containers

im not sure myself from what i understand coco holds a certain amount of oxygen basically no matter how much you water (once your roots are established) maybe someone can help us out with this who is experienced with soil growing in smaller containers
from what I've seen you can grow decent solo cups in soil its just getting your mix correct @hope2grow may be able to help the soil guys out but I agree coco seems to suit small containers better

from what I've seen you can grow decent solo cups in soil its just getting your mix correct @hope2grow may be able to help the soil guys out but I agree coco seems to suit small containers better
I'm in soil, and have no idea how it will end up.. I am ammending using tiny amounts and watering in with organic seaweed atm just to keep it ticking over which seams to be working.

I'm in soil, and have no idea how it will end up.. I am ammending using tiny amounts and watering in with organic seaweed atm just to keep it ticking over which seams to be working.
I should of mentioned you bro soil wise your both stand out but I know hope2grow has done solo cups previously

Evening all,
All going well for both girls on day 29, solo girl starting her stretch as is her sister in the autopot who's gone crazy! I've defoliated the autopot girl and tied her down a bit to open up the canopy, she's going to be a big girl and gets connected to the Res in the next few days.
CA951885-2C20-44E9-9EE1-A69B1D549F73.jpeg
BFD52BD8-D7D3-4AF9-B3B6-E6B196F8BFD9.jpeg
0D9BB16B-7674-4035-B6E5-172E438B47C4.jpeg

Have a good evening all! :thumbsup:

I just spotted that Purple Punch Auto was the original choice before Gelato 41 won, here's a Purple Punch Auto from Barney's Farm that I'm in the process of trimming and manicuring on the plant instead chopping it first.

20210519_140043.jpg

Back