New Grower 2 in 1 5 gallon

Reaction score
Started this journey back In April with my first autoflower. It's been a fun growing experience have learned a lot since then. A little on my background my mother was a botanist at a local college and taught others how to organically grow produce a d maintain there balance without using chem based fertilizers and pesticides. This makes for a better tasting product. That being said I've adapted what I've learned growing my own over to growing these autos. My first grow was great I made the mistake of bending her very very early not knowing exactly how to lst that being said lesson learned and my second girl is growing very well. I have a few seeds so i decided to combine 2 in one pot 5 Gallon bucket that's been drilled heavy and lined with fabric to create an air pot. For soil we use organic mix that includes compost, amended soil 4-3-4 , diamatious earth, a slightly more corse shell crush worm castings from African strain and red wiggles, a little saw dust from father in laws mill. All of my past and current grows are in this mix. I tried to make the mix a little airy witch should help tap root get further into mix. The seed is fast buds purple lemonade, and a bruce banner I only had 1 purple lemonade figured I'd go ahead and pop. Thanks for taking the time to read look forward to showing progress good or bad. I started the seeds in distilled water with microbial kick added. Even growing vegetables we do this it adds a strong root inoculation and makes the overall plant healthier. They sank last night in shot glass I added the to Tupperware and paper towels if past is any tell should have tails by tommorow

Attachments

• 20210930_091609.jpg
    20210930_091609.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 44
I have a few seeds so i decided to combine 2 in one pot 5 Gallon bucket that's been drilled heavy and lined with fabric to create an air pot.

A bucket lined with fabric with some holes drilled is just that - a jury-rigged, basically functional pot. Actual Air-Pots are and work much different. They have many more holes in a pattern, each surrounded by an inward protrusion that guides/forces growing roots toward the hole, where air pruning and related branching happens.

How will a fabric liner within a solid-walled bucket add or do anything (presumably Air-Pot-like pruning of roots) vs. just the bucket? A fabric bag alone would work much better (many available for this use), presuming you want the Air-Pot-like root pruning.

Last edited:
Started this journey back In April with my first autoflower. It's been a fun growing experience have learned a lot since then. A little on my background my mother was a botanist at a local college and taught others how to organically grow produce a d maintain there balance without using chem based fertilizers and pesticides. This makes for a better tasting product. That being said I've adapted what I've learned growing my own over to growing these autos. My first grow was great I made the mistake of bending her very very early not knowing exactly how to lst that being said lesson learned and my second girl is growing very well. I have a few seeds so i decided to combine 2 in one pot 5 Gallon bucket that's been drilled heavy and lined with fabric to create an air pot. For soil we use organic mix that includes compost, amended soil 4-3-4 , diamatious earth, a slightly more corse shell crush worm castings from African strain and red wiggles, a little saw dust from father in laws mill. All of my past and current grows are in this mix. I tried to make the mix a little airy witch should help tap root get further into mix. The seed is fast buds purple lemonade, and a bruce banner I only had 1 purple lemonade figured I'd go ahead and pop. Thanks for taking the time to read look forward to showing progress good or bad. I started the seeds in distilled water with microbial kick added. Even growing vegetables we do this it adds a strong root inoculation and makes the overall plant healthier. They sank last night in shot glass I added the to Tupperware and paper towels if past is any tell should have tails by tommorow
looking forward to tagging along

A bucket lined with fabric with some holes drilled is just that - a jury-rigged, basically functional pot. Actual Air-Pots are and work much different. They have many more holes in a pattern, each surrounded by an inward protrusion that guides/forces growing roots toward the hole, where air pruning and related branching happens.

How will a fabric liner within a solid-walled bucket add or do anything (presumably Air-Pot-like pruning of roots) vs. just the bucket? A fabric bag alone would work much better (many available for this use), presuming you want the Air-Pot-like root pruning.
Appreciate the suggestion but fabric pots are pain we have tried with our organic tamatoe grows in 70x20 hoop house the bucket well drilled with a 2 inch hole saw and set on 1inch blocks to allow air flow to the bottom. It's more a moisture control deal than a growing deal yes they still airprune. We have spray aeroponic systems for our greens and lettuce but even those have to be broke down every run and sterilized to keep algae and bacteria at below fda levels and we are tested regularly.

Well the girls are on there way up in the world. Like how ones grape ape purple, and the others mean hulk green. Guess we will see how we get along this time.

Attachments

• 20211003_171406.jpg
    20211003_171406.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Ok the girls are starting out well seedlings are starting to get some leaves figure by end of next week they will take off. Looking forward to this grow. Still deciding wether I will top these or not

Attachments

• 20211008_202027.jpg
    20211008_202027.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
Well the twins are off and running seem to be getting along well. Co2 bag is starting to produce so hopefully we will get dialed in. Until next week....

Attachments

• 20211017_173810.jpg
    20211017_173810.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 20211021_224107.jpg
    20211021_224107.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
Ok the girls are going good seem to be very happy we went ahead and topped the one on the right but seem to be getting along pretty well going to let the one on left get a little larger before I decide to top

Attachments

• 20211026_121939.jpg
    20211026_121939.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30
I have a couple 7 gal pots that I use.
Thinking of trying this next time,as they seem a tiny bit big for just 1 auto.

Back