1st grow - needing help

Reaction score
Hey, its been about 5 days since seeds popped. in last 3 days they've not grown. Where I am had got a bit of cold snap taking temps outside below 0. Flat got cold after heating stopped working. I've put a 80w heater into tent which has brought the temp up. haven't got a thermometer but, it doesn't feel too hot in there now. but warmer than outside the tent. Lights are about 36" from plants and on about 35%. on both plants leaves are turning yellow and drooping and not growing. any advice would be appreciated thanks

Ph 6 soft water - watering every cpl of days
only added 1/8 dose of calmag to water.
strawberry cheesecake
Critical kush
4x4 tent
450w marshydro -35% 36" away
11L pots
coco + peralite

Attachments

• 20221221_133800.jpg
    20221221_133800.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 20221221_134156.jpg
    20221221_134156.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 20221221_134207.jpg
    20221221_134207.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • 20221221_134202.jpg
    20221221_134202.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
Hey, its been about 5 days since seeds popped. in last 3 days they've not grown. Where I am had got a bit of cold snap taking temps outside below 0. Flat got cold after heating stopped working. I've put a 80w heater into tent which has brought the temp up. haven't got a thermometer but, it doesn't feel too hot in there now. but warmer than outside the tent. Lights are about 36" from plants and on about 35%. on both plants leaves are turning yellow and drooping and not growing. any advice would be appreciated thanks

Ph 6 soft water - watering every cpl of days
only added 1/8 dose of calmag to water.
strawberry cheesecake
Critical kush
4x4 tent
450w marshydro -35% 36" away
11L pots
coco + peralite
Did you buffer the coco? You should be feeding the coco a full balanced nute mix from day 1since it is basically hydroponics…start very low ppm <200 once first true leaves get to about 1” start raising ppm slowly…. Cocoforcannabis.com is a great place for learning how to grow in coco

Did you buffer the coco? You should be feeding the coco a full balanced nute mix from day 1since it is basically hydroponics…start very low ppm <200 once first true leaves get to about 1” start raising ppm slowly…. Cocoforcannabis.com is a great place for learning how to grow in coco
im using eco thrive 70/30 coco lite. its says that its pre buffered. thanks for the link i'll check it out. guess i will have to read up more on nutrients etc

im using eco thrive 70/30 coco lite. its says that its pre buffered. thanks for the link i'll check it out. guess i will have to read up more on nutrients etc
Yes definitely do… I have no experience with that brand coco but have heard most bagged stuff is good to go… but i would be feeding low dose nutes to start.. do you have a main nutrient that you plan on feeding here is a good thread about learning how to balance nutes

Yes definitely do… I have no experience with that brand coco but have heard most bagged stuff is good to go… but i would be feeding low dose nutes to start.. do you have a main nutrient that you plan on feeding here is a good thread about learning how to balance nutes

I will starting a low dose from their next watering in a few hours. i got some organic stuff from bio Bizz - Grow, Bloom, Top marks and Bio heaven. Thanks i'll give a read too

That brand of coco is awesome. I’ve used it several times. It’s my favourite. This time around I’m trying jify7

So my question for you is that how much water are you feeding approx per watering?

When seedling leaves droop like yours has, it’s usually trying to shade itself from too much light or it needs watered bro.

When you’re watering, just water like a shot glass or two around the base of the seedling stem and continue to work your way up and give more water as they get bigger. Giving them too much water will stunt them because they only use like a shot glass every other day or so.

How low is your light? Maybe try bring it up a bit higher too. With the yellowing I really do suspect the light is still too close. But just lemme know how much water you’re feeding roughly each time

This is how I was taught to treat me coco and have had great luck with it … As soon as coco starts dry out a salt build up happens which will look like nute burn or light stress… this is what MOG says about fertigating coco and I wholeheartedly trust his advice :d5::vibe:

“You do not need to fertigate coco every day when the plants are small but you must water the entire pot to 20% run-off any day that you do fertigate. It is all about keeping the cation exchange in the coco in equilibrium. If you only partially fertigate salt build up begins immediately. You almost cannot over water coco. The droop you are seeing is most likeley do to rapid growth as long as your VPD is in range with good air movement. Some strains also have a tendency to droop more than others. Drooping by itself is not a cause for concern. I had a Dinafem Cheese plant that drooped its entire life. The buzz was good and the yield normal.”

That brand of coco is awesome. I’ve used it several times. It’s my favourite. This time around I’m trying jify7

So my question for you is that how much water are you feeding approx per watering?

When seedling leaves droop like yours has, it’s usually trying to shade itself from too much light or it needs watered bro.

When you’re watering, just water like a shot glass or two around the base of the seedling stem and continue to work your way up and give more water as they get bigger. Giving them too much water will stunt them because they only use like a shot glass every other day or so.

How low is your light? Maybe try bring it up a bit higher too. With the yellowing I really do suspect the light is still too close. But just lemme know how much water you’re feeding roughly each time
Oh no, maybe a little over double that but defo more than that. I havent been getting any run off though. So i guess i'll be best just to leave it to see how it does?

My lights at 36 inches at the moment. I will try and raise it up a bit and see how it reacts thanks. I can see this being steep learning curve lol

Back