New Grower 1st grow : Fastbuds CBD Crack

@MaskedPlants she looks fine. I have done a lot of different training styles. I find that topping an auto above the fourth node and then a little LST ( I don't bother) gives the best results overall. You will need some bamboo sticks to support the big colas. I have tomato cages in concrete bases in my hydro set up and even then they are not always tall enough.

_DSC1557.JPG

Steady as she goes :thumbsup:

@Mañ'O'Green Before topping I'm guessing the plant needs to be in tip top shape as is it a HST method? I've read a bit on the forum people recommending topping at the 5th node, would you say 4th is better?

@Mañ'O'Green Before topping I'm guessing the plant needs to be in tip top shape as is it a HST method? I've read a bit on the forum people recommending topping at the 5th node, would you say 4th is better?
Yes, that is correct, I learned the method from @autobeast some years before becoming a member here. The idea is to top a healthy Auto plant above the forth node as soon as you can. The younger an auto is the more veg time you have for the plant to reach a better potential. If you are familiar with a particular strain and you know you have a longer veg time you can top above the 5th node. I don't chance it.

ScreenHunter_146 Dec. 11 22.18.jpg

@Proph @Mañ'O'Green Need some urgent help before things go south. I think my soil is already hydrophobic, it won't retain moisture past 1inch below the surface and all the water exits out of the fabric pot leaving me with a puddle. Is there a quick home fix I can do to create a wetting agent? My girl is doing great but I don't want to stunt her this early and I think I can fix my soil before it's too late.
Thanks so much!

@Proph @Mañ'O'Green Need some urgent help before things go south. I think my soil is already hydrophobic, it won't retain moisture past 1inch below the surface and all the water exits out of the fabric pot leaving me with a puddle. Is there a quick home fix I can do to create a wetting agent? My girl is doing great but I don't want to stunt her this early and I think I can fix my soil before it's too late.
Thanks so much!
You can use a drop of soap in your water - NOT DETERGENT - soap like Bonner's but get unscented just soap.

Yucca powder is what I use to prevent and treat this issue.

Thanks so much!
Squeeze the sides of the pot and break up that dried up soil.. Do this all the way around.. Not hard.. Just enough to where you feel it breaking inside.. Then water to full saturation.. From there just keep that soil moist and it shouldn't happen again

@Mañ'O'Green Do you mean regular unscented liquid hand soap? I looked online for raw yucca but I wont be able to get it before Christmas :(
@Proph Got it, do you think I can also soak the bottom of the fabric pot in pH'ed water and let it soak for a couple hours until saturation?

@Mañ'O'Green Do you mean regular unscented liquid hand soap? I looked online for raw yucca but I wont be able to get it before Christmas :(
@Proph Got it, do you think I can also soak the bottom of the fabric pot in pH'ed water and let it soak for a couple hours until saturation?
If it is soap you can use it.

Or go to a good garden store and ask for a non-ionic surfactant. It should be easy to find.
ScreenHunter_312 Dec. 15 15.42.jpg

Yes you can bottom soak the pot but it will not wick-up if the soil has become hydrophobic and you risk dry pockets above the water line. This is not a crisis and can go for a while without too much concern. So do not panic!

Little day 10 update :

My girl is still growing fast, but I noticed since last watering that the leafs are soggy and yellowing?

131899918_1063393520805551_6151558843835719716_n.jpg

131894271_230002518500179_9188570532714346732_n.jpg

Is this normal at all? I won't water for a couple of days since I pretty much saturated the soil yesterday to combat the hydrophobic portion of the soil. I'll wait until the pot feels lighter.
Thanks for any input.
@Mañ'O'Green
@Proph

Little day 10 update :

My girl is still growing fast, but I noticed since last watering that the leafs are soggy and yellowing?

View attachment 1265821
View attachment 1265822

Is this normal at all? I won't water for a couple of days since I pretty much saturated the soil yesterday to combat the hydrophobic portion of the soil. I'll wait until the pot feels lighter.
Thanks for any input.
@Mañ'O'Green
@Proph
That looks normal to me? Yes always wait until the pot loses half of the water weight before watering/fertigating.

Did the soil get re-wet?

Back