Photoperiod 2 from Garden of Green: Green Crack & Blue Dream

I haven'y tried dry trimming, I suspect it may be easier on the buds. you may have some little stems to trim off by hand after using a trimmer, but that should be quick and easy. I may try it next time.

"I have the 16" powered unit. I've seen no chlorophyl "smearing". Trichromes aren't too badly damaged either if your run it at a fair amount of speed, the blades lop stuff off nicely, and more trivchs stick to the grill than to the paddles. I won't trim a large amount of bud with out one! For 3-4 ounces, I'll still hand trim, but when I get over 1/2 pound, screw that! And from what I've seen of how many, including pro trimmers, with the mount thety handle buds,these trimmers really don't do much more damage. For those with OCD, don't buy a trimmer........
I usually have 8+oz to do and takes me a few days. I use to do at night when everyone is asleep. With times I'm hearing people say it takes I could be done in a day while kiddos are at school. Plus I have tendinitis in me trimming elbow, plus I think some other forearm damage lol. It's been like 2yrs with it, but #1 treatment is rest hahaha. Its my dominant arm how the hell do I rest it wtf. So it ain't going anywhere anytime soon so this will help. Thanks for thoughts bud, do you do wet trim then?

Last edited:
I haven'y tried dry trimming, I suspect it may be easier on the buds. you may have some little stems to trim off by hand after using a trimmer, but that should be quick and easy. I may try it next time.
Oh, just saw this lol. Let me know if you do.

@Mañ'O'Green I've been looking at the Ipower 16" bowl trimmer, and had a few questions for you. I know you have the 19" so you the perfect person to advise me. I cant find the 19" for less than $250 which is to much $$$. The #1 question is which is better with these a wet trim, or dry? I would think a wet trim would handle the abuse better, but I have hear it smears chlorophyll which can transfer to you buds. Have you wet trimmed and ever had that happen? My concern with a dry trim is it would grind more up, and be lost to the bottom. Which do you prefer if you've done both? How long do the blades last before need replaced?

:pass:
@Mcdee First off I love this trimmer!

The way I like to dry my buds still on the stem does not lend itself to wet trimming. When I harvest a plant if it is hot and dry, I hang the whole plant fan leaves and all. If it is more average for my area I pick the fan leaves off as I hang the long stems. Then they go into a brown Paper Bag at 13% until they are 11% moisture on a meter or 62% RH in a jar. This is where I pop the Nuggets off the stems and use the trimmer dry. I can process a 5 ounce plant in 30 minutes. No Repetitive Motion Pain!

Yes it knocks off some trichomes - who cares it just goes in my jar for hashish! Next time I will try to remember to weigh it.

The way I like to dry my buds still on the stem does not lend itself to wet trimming. When I harvest a plant if it is hot and dry, I hang the whole plant fan leaves and all. If it is more average for my area I pick the fan leaves off as I hang the long stems. Then they go into a brown Paper Bag at 13% until they are 11% moisture on a meter or 62% RH in a jar. This is where I pop the Nuggets off the stems and use the trimmer dry. I can process a 5 ounce plant in 30 minutes. No Repetitive Motion Pain!

Yes it knocks off some trichomes - who cares it just goes in my jar for hashish! Next time I will try to remember to weigh it.
Wouldn't be much of a trimmer if it didn't collect it.

That's why I like the flexibility of using my 'canna toys' in utilizing my canna.

Awesome! I was wanting to let it dry on whole branches, or on plant before trimming. All the videos were of wet trim right off the plant. I am ok with either way, but wanted to to dry trim if possible. I normally do a wet hand trim because the one time I tried dry it was a mess. I have heard some say dry gives better flavor so I'd like to try it. The dry trim I did was because right as I started to harvest I got sick, and was in the hospital for a few days. I do the wet because I hate trimming and it is easier imo. Now the trimmer can do all the pain in the ass work lol. Thanks for the help bud! The more I saw them in action, the more I became convinced it's for me. Like you said I can process the trim to get some of the lost trichs back. I'm not selling them, and the get pressed anyway. Looks are what I care about, I can hand trim a few for show.

Wouldn't be much of a trimmer if it didn't collect it.

That's why I like the flexibility of using my 'canna toys' in utilizing my canna.
Do I remember correctly about you drying a whole plant standing up so the leaves stay pointing out?

Almost a rap on this grow thanks for tagging along! Before we get all into that it's time to get lifted! Join me in a toke if you're able.

:smokeout:
Ok, good to go hope you are too. I blasted the GC this morning while the weather was good. Same as the BD it smells awesome, but this time straight to the chamber. I hope this turns out better, and so far much better. Here are some before vac just heat.

20211028_115152.jpg
20211028_115106.jpg
20211028_115126.jpg

Here is after I pulled a vac.

20211028_124359.jpg
20211028_124453.jpg
20211028_124301.jpg

This was right after bubble broke, tried to get a pic but was slow lol.

20211028_124251.jpg
20211028_124503.jpg
20211028_124440.jpg

I will try and get this into 1 patty tonight. This was much more sticky than the BD. It was hard to get off the scraper and razor. I'm curious what the final consistency will be. Smell is nuts cant even tell what I'm smelling. Its sweet, and funky too not sure what to say its familiar tho I dont know what I'm smelling lol. I'll check back in a few days and see where it's at. Stay lifted.

@Mizzo81 @bf80255 @Dabber @St. Tom @Green Hornet @pop22 @fauxnacho @WildBill @Ryno_nuggs @nizmoKush @Filthy_Casual @idiopathic neuropathy @Jpkindbud @verbalkent412 @Atulip @olbobcat @hope2grow @indicalla @baked in the bluegrass @Death The Cultivator @Mañ'O'Green @Les @HLG

I’ve been smoking weed for 30 years and I have no idea what any of what you just said means, or what I’m looking at in any of those photos. :rofl: I really need to explore extracts in some way eventually.

Scratch that: I got the first part. I got lifted just fine. :thumbsup:

I’ve been smoking weed for 30 years and I have no idea what any of what you just said means, or what I’m looking at in any of those photos. :rofl: I really need to explore extracts in some way eventually.

Scratch that: I got the first part. I got lifted just fine. :thumbsup:
Well bud... no worries you're doing it just right from what I'm hearing! I will warn you if you like smoking the old fashion way then stick with that. Once I started concentrates I couldnt go back lol. I know some people like my neighbor who smoke either. I can't burning bud taste like an ashtray to me now, and so much harsher. I'm spoiled with rosin, the bho I just like making it to be honest hahaha. I love the process, and what you can create. I dont do it a lot, best with fresh frozen after a harvest. This is the 1st time in like 2yrs I've made any. Just got the urge to make some. Something I could see myself doing when rec comes my way. I need to do some more ice water hash, but my bags aren't high quality so end result isnt stellar. I need a freeze dryer to really step my game up as the kids say. Looking at like $2400.00 for a new lower end 1, so gonna be a while till I can float that. Someday it will happen, and then I'll be smiling like a butcher's dog! Stay lifted.

:pass:

Back