Photoperiod 2 from Garden of Green: Green Crack & Blue Dream

You didnt forget about me did ya? Sorry for they delay, but had some issues with the live resin. It's more like just resin at this point. Before I get into that... wont you join me in a quick session.

:hookah:

That's better dont you think lol. Ok, so I fucked up the live resin! Dont know where it went wrong, I've narrowed it to the everclear wash. It smelled INSANE before the wash, but after most of the everclear was gone it smelled odd. It isnt tane like one would think. Something from the EC that's affected it. I have vac purged it for like 2 weeks, now it has like no smell or taste. I'm sure I purged any terpenes out doing this, but I rather that than how it smelled prior. Its smoother than the rosin, just no taste like you want. It's kinda like shatter, but not more of a taffy feel. It's not sticky tho I can handle it. Its firm, but pliable leaves my finger prints on it. If I held it long enough I'm sure it would get sticky and melt. I have 4.6g's of it may use in some edibles. I still have to blast the GC, I couldn't do that until vac chamber was free. I will have better weather for it here soon. The colder the better for it.

View attachment 1380133View attachment 1380135

It smooths out when vacuum is removed. Here it is if I bend it, then about 20-30 sec its flat again.

View attachment 1380134View attachment 1380132
It's cool that I can handle it, but doesn't shatter when getting a dab. Its kinda like snap and pull I think, never had it personally so cant say for sure. It snap or pops when cutting some off, but stays in 1 chunk. It's hard and soft at the same time. It's very running at 1st, rosin sticks to everything. So I dont think it will ever fully harden, but I didnt apply heat to the purge so this could have some affect on it. I will not winterize the GC bho. Until I find out what went wrong I will put that process on hold.

Speaking of edibles I made some gummies with the BD. I got 36 I think last week.

View attachment 1380121View attachment 1380122

1.5 of these and you're high as giraffe nuts lol. Still get sleepy with these eventhough I don't when I dab it. There're 2 reasons for this either my lift over decarbs and converts to cbn (I think that's what makes you sleepy) or that's just the way it effects me??? Nothing I can do about either so that's life. Once we go rec I can try using my oven to decarb again, but I stopped worrying about that day until it comes.
:snooze:

I have also began to ready the tent for my test of the HLG 100 Rspec. I cant start until November 3rd because of my kids winter break. I dont want harvest to arrive while they're still off from school. Much easier if I have all day, so just wasting time waiting on that.

View attachment 1380128View attachment 1380130

I hope to blast the GC soon, next week it will be cooler so shooting for that. That's about it for now so as always stay lifted.

@Mizzo81 @bf80255 @Dabber @St. Tom @Green Hornet @pop22 @fauxnacho @WildBill @Ryno_nuggs @nizmoKush @Filthy_Casual @idiopathic neuropathy @Jpkindbud @verbalkent412 @Atulip @olbobcat @hope2grow @indicalla @baked in the bluegrass @Death The Cultivator @Mañ'O'Green @Les @HLG
here's one of mine from a few years ago this was GSC by fastbuds I think about 8 to 10 grams I still have all my equipment I haven't used it in years with having my rosinbomb press
20180727_174618.jpg

Looking good! Do you open blast or have a closed column. I've been checking out the closed column ones that have a de waxing sleeve around it. It winterizes when you blast it. You don't need to us another solvent like everclear. That might help retain more terps.

That is if I am understanding how that closed column extractor works. :pass: :bong: :baked:
There are a few kinds, I have a 2-in-1. I can open blast, or I can close pull a vac and fill about a can of butane and let it soak. I dont have a closed loop system. I would love to have a closed loop, but budget doesn't allow that lol. I was looking at a 18" dewaxing column they cost around $100. You can put water and freeze it, or put dry ice in. I would have to freeze it because nowhere to get dry ice around here. Freezing isn't as good but would help a lot. Dewaxing column dont work as well as winterizing does as well. I dont make a lot of bho, I make rosin 99% of the time so not a huge deal. I just like the process, I like being capable to do it all. Jack of all trades... master of none lol. I prefer open blasting just because it's less work, and if you freeze everything good you avoid a lot of the lipids from that process. The longer your material soaks the more lipids it will pull out. Fresh frozen has a ton more to pull out too so that is another thing to keep in mind. If you have questions about bho just ask I tell you what I know. I'm no expert just do a lot of research. You watch enough videos you can tell who is doing it correctly, and who is a dumbass hahaha. This is all training in my eyes, learn from your mistakes. Soon enough there will be dispensaries everywhere, and I will have a leg up on some when it time to hire people. The more you can do the more valuable you are! Stay lifted bud.

here's one of mine from a few years ago this was GSC by fastbuds I think about 8 to 10 grams I still have all my equipment I haven't used it in years with having my rosinbomb press
View attachment 1380170
Looks awesome bud, I can smell it now. That's a good 1 I did it like 3yrs ago, stout plant solid nuggets on her. I love all forms of cannabis bho is special, but rosin is more practical no doubt.

There are a few kinds, I have a 2-in-1. I can open blast, or I can close pull a vac and fill about a can of butane and let it soak. I dont have a closed loop system. I would love to have a closed loop, but budget doesn't allow that lol. I was looking at a 18" dewaxing column they cost around $100. You can put water and freeze it, or put dry ice in. I would have to freeze it because nowhere to get dry ice around here. Freezing isn't as good but would help a lot. Dewaxing column dont work as well as winterizing does as well. I dont make a lot of bho, I make rosin 99% of the time so not a huge deal. I just like the process, I like being capable to do it all. Jack of all trades... master of none lol. I prefer open blasting just because it's less work, and if you freeze everything good you avoid a lot of the lipids from that process. The longer your material soaks the more lipids it will pull out. Fresh frozen has a ton more to pull out too so that is another thing to keep in mind. If you have questions about bho just ask I tell you what I know. I'm no expert just do a lot of research. You watch enough videos you can tell who is doing it correctly, and who is a dumbass hahaha. This is all training in my eyes, learn from your mistakes. Soon enough there will be dispensaries everywhere, and I will have a leg up on some when it time to hire people. The more you can do the more valuable you are! Stay lifted bud.
Good info thanks! I press mostly everything also, but I also like to know how to do it all. I have only done bho a couple times.
It is all fun no matter how you do it! :toke:

I won't buy any Bayer/Monsanto product for any reason. Miraclr Grow is one of the companies that was owned by Monsanto. And who knows what they actually put in it. Will this work for canna, yes it will, should you use it? I wouldn't smoke it!

I would not trust just removing visible pellets will remove or decrease all the nutes. There could well be some 'cooked' or adsorbed into the peat moss or other soil additives. For example, the peat mix might be 'buffered' much like bagged coco is often pre-buffered.

With Miracle Grow, a mass market item, I think you should assume it's been doctored-up to the max (and not with our plants in mind).

Interesting! Any chance the bud was contaminated? Can't think of another reason for the odd taste after an alcohol wash, unless it was the alcohol, which is very unlikely with almost pure alcohol. You sure there was no butane issue? Occum's Razor says the possible culprit selection is very narrow.

You didnt forget about me did ya? Sorry for they delay, but had some issues with the live resin. It's more like just resin at this point. Before I get into that... wont you join me in a quick session.

:hookah:

That's better dont you think lol. Ok, so I fucked up the live resin! Dont know where it went wrong, I've narrowed it to the everclear wash. It smelled INSANE before the wash, but after most of the everclear was gone it smelled odd. It isnt tane like one would think. Something from the EC that's affected it. I have vac purged it for like 2 weeks, now it has like no smell or taste. I'm sure I purged any terpenes out doing this, but I rather that than how it smelled prior. Its smoother than the rosin, just no taste like you want. It's kinda like shatter, but not more of a taffy feel. It's not sticky tho I can handle it. Its firm, but pliable leaves my finger prints on it. If I held it long enough I'm sure it would get sticky and melt. I have 4.6g's of it may use in some edibles. I still have to blast the GC, I couldn't do that until vac chamber was free. I will have better weather for it here soon. The colder the better for it.

View attachment 1380133View attachment 1380135

It smooths out when vacuum is removed. Here it is if I bend it, then about 20-30 sec its flat again.

View attachment 1380134View attachment 1380132
It's cool that I can handle it, but doesn't shatter when getting a dab. Its kinda like snap and pull I think, never had it personally so cant say for sure. It snap or pops when cutting some off, but stays in 1 chunk. It's hard and soft at the same time. It's very running at 1st, rosin sticks to everything. So I dont think it will ever fully harden, but I didnt apply heat to the purge so this could have some affect on it. I will not winterize the GC bho. Until I find out what went wrong I will put that process on hold.

Speaking of edibles I made some gummies with the BD. I got 36 I think last week.

View attachment 1380121View attachment 1380122

1.5 of these and you're high as giraffe nuts lol. Still get sleepy with these eventhough I don't when I dab it. There're 2 reasons for this either my lift over decarbs and converts to cbn (I think that's what makes you sleepy) or that's just the way it effects me??? Nothing I can do about either so that's life. Once we go rec I can try using my oven to decarb again, but I stopped worrying about that day until it comes.
:snooze:

I have also began to ready the tent for my test of the HLG 100 Rspec. I cant start until November 3rd because of my kids winter break. I dont want harvest to arrive while they're still off from school. Much easier if I have all day, so just wasting time waiting on that.

View attachment 1380128View attachment 1380130

I hope to blast the GC soon, next week it will be cooler so shooting for that. That's about it for now so as always stay lifted.

@Mizzo81 @bf80255 @Dabber @St. Tom @Green Hornet @pop22 @fauxnacho @WildBill @Ryno_nuggs @nizmoKush @Filthy_Casual @idiopathic neuropathy @Jpkindbud @verbalkent412 @Atulip @olbobcat @hope2grow @indicalla @baked in the bluegrass @Death The Cultivator @Mañ'O'Green @Les @HLG

I won't buy any Bayer/Monsanto product for any reason. Miraclr Grow is one of the companies that was owned by Monsanto. And who knows what they actually put in it. Will this work for canna, yes it will, should you use it? I wouldn't smoke it!
I used it to cover grass seed I put down, so it's all gone. I was able to get some pro mix finally from a garden center. They must have just wanted to get rid of it instead of keeping for next year. It was by far best price I could find. I dont buy miracle grow, but I saw online and just grabbed it. I thought it was just peat moss so I figured I could use in a pinch. I normally use mega crop on my wife's flower pots so i dont buy fertilizer for her stuff. Not a company i buy from, this may have been the first time. I panicked because i need medium to get through the winter and into spring. Amazon wanted $126.99 for pro mix and just I cant afford that.

Interesting! Any chance the bud was contaminated? Can't think of another reason for the odd taste after an alcohol wash, unless it was the alcohol, which is very unlikely with almost pure alcohol. You sure there was no butane issue? Occum's Razor says the possible culprit selection is very narrow.
After I blasted it it smelled like it should, i wanted to take a dab then it smelled so good. I then put the EC in and all i could smell was EC. When it was almost done evaporated it had a strange smell, nothing like it smelled prior. I think if anything it would be EC still in it. It was vac purged for like 17 days, way longer than I have ever done before. I even added some heat thinking it would help. Dab some today still has a slight aftertaste. Bud is good rosin from it has been great. The 1st press I did was as good as live resin, so much flavor was amazing. Stuff since is less flavorful, but I'm assuming it's just terps lost from fully drying. I'm at a loss for why??? Not sure how the EC would have mess it up, but that's when it changed. From what I've read and videos I've watched the EV helps purge the butane as well so I dont think it is butane. I use 151 EC because highest I can get here. Not sure if that could be a factor, but I would think not? I will be blast the GC next week without winterizing so that will be a good comparison. I will report back when it do so.

@Mañ'O'Green I've been looking at the Ipower 16" bowl trimmer, and had a few questions for you. I know you have the 19" so you the perfect person to advise me. I cant find the 19" for less than $250 which is to much $$$. The #1 question is which is better with these a wet trim, or dry? I would think a wet trim would handle the abuse better, but I have hear it smears chlorophyll which can transfer to you buds. Have you wet trimmed and ever had that happen? My concern with a dry trim is it would grind more up, and be lost to the bottom. Which do you prefer if you've done both? How long do the blades last before need replaced?

:pass:

"I have the 16" powered unit. I've seen no chlorophyl "smearing". Trichromes aren't too badly damaged either if your run it at a fair amount of speed, the blades lop stuff off nicely, and more trivchs stick to the grill than to the paddles. I won't trim a large amount of bud with out one! For 3-4 ounces, I'll still hand trim, but when I get over 1/2 pound, screw that! And from what I've seen of how many, including pro trimmers, with the mount thety handle buds,these trimmers really don't do much more damage. For those with OCD, don't buy a trimmer........

@Mañ'O'Green I've been looking at the Ipower 16" bowl trimmer, and had a few questions for you. I know you have the 19" so you the perfect person to advise me. I cant find the 19" for less than $250 which is to much $$$. The #1 question is which is better with these a wet trim, or dry? I would think a wet trim would handle the abuse better, but I have hear it smears chlorophyll which can transfer to you buds. Have you wet trimmed and ever had that happen? My concern with a dry trim is it would grind more up, and be lost to the bottom. Which do you prefer if you've done both? How long do the blades last before need replaced?

:pass:

Back