New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

Subbed to see this, have to say first two look like straight up mutants, so I don't think they're indicative of your average girls.

Next two are normal babies and look spot on for day 15. Just keep doing what ya doing now bro.

Hi @Sensi Jay Welcome aboard. I totally agree with your assessment that my two older girls are "straight up mutants." But they're my First, and you never forget your first, eh? So I'll see what happens and hope that the Amare 450 will turn them into right fetchin' bitches once the cobs are turned on soon.

Oh by the way, it's taken me years to figure this stuff out and to implement it. It's also takes some budgeting of time money, etc so don't get discouraged if you don't get there right away time takes time..
That's what I love about AFN. The shared investment of so many years by so many people is allowing us noobs to cut months off the learning curve. I was reading a journal by wile-e-peyote this morning and noted him saying "only took me a year to sort out my slow start in coco." I expect to get it sorted out in about 2 months -- but only because of all of you have have gone before and taken the time to pay it forward. Thanks.

Updates: Day 27 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies /// Day 18 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

Well, I haven't killed them yet, but I'm working on it, 'cause I just can't help but try out the neat things I'm seeing in others' journals. Good news is that with an upgraded heat lamp (250W) and a dedicated time for my 420 CAN extraction fan, and a 2nd small bedroom humidifier ... I'm now able to run the exhaust 10 times every 2.5 hours, and to keep temps between 70-80 and RH between 40-65%.
27.tent.JPG

Today each of the four girls got a 4 liter drink with 1ml/l each of AN's Sensi A/B, Voodoo, B52 and CalMag. Here's whats going on with the two 27 day girls, also known as "my mutants". Both have been LST'd over the past couple of days. And of course, I committed the classic "oh shit" and broke off a significant part of the Girl Scout Cookie. Damn, they're very fragile, eh? Also, after watching @budelee HST topping thread, I just couldn't resist trying out my new Fiskers. So what's left of the GS Cookie got whacked. And the crazy OG Kush got topped in four places. Whoopie! GS is about 5.5 inches now, and OG has reached up to 7". They're still 22" below the Amare 450 running with just the monochromes. Here's their pics:
27.GS.JPG
27.OG.JPG

The youngsters, my 18 day Trainwreck and Chemdog are looking quite respectable, I think. They're 4" tall and still under the T5 light for a little bit longer. Both got a single snip to their leader from Mr FiskersHand.
18.CD.JPG
18.TW.JPG

Overall, I'm still disappointed that everyone's growth is so low and slow for their age. But I happy with the experience, and pleased that the later two strains got off to a healthier start. I hear you all... that it takes time to get things dialed in. But who likes the waiting game? I'm already looking forward to a second grow, which for sure will be AutoPots. But in fairness, I got to wait this one out, 'cause there's a ton more to learn. Welcome @tripaholic88, @NugNoob, @Sensi Jay.

Doing good bro, you may as well try stuff on the mutants, get a feel for things. Though try not to change too much or you lose sight of what the consequences are of each action...ying and yang shit..karma bro..yadda yadda

Whats up brudda!! Dont go to crazy with the toppings until you try a few, i didnt start off with HST ,its a good technique for controlling height and growth, have a rep slap for not being :slap:caught in a box!!

Whats up brudda!! Dont go to crazy with the toppings until you try a few, i didnt start off with HST ,its a good technique for controlling height and growth, have a rep slap for not being :slap:caught in a box!!
Thanks for the shout out and tip. I'll chill back on topping & HST -- after all, I've got almost 9' of height in my Gorilla tent, so if its a method used primarily to control height, then what was I thinking?
By the way, thanks for the SLAP/REP. I'm too new to understand how that all works, but I get that its a good thing. So much appreciated.

Thanks for the shout out and tip. I'll chill back on topping & HST -- after all, I've got almost 9' of height in my Gorilla tent, so if its a method used primarily to control height, then what was I thinking?
By the way, thanks for the SLAP/REP. I'm too new to understand how that all works, but I get that its a good thing. So much appreciated.
Well bro, the thing is. Most lights/lamps wont be effective at that distance, with the training, it allows a shorter distance for the lights the penetrate which will result in more of the lower branches/buds to develop better... There does come a point, usually in late veg, where cutting/topping should be stopped so the bud production dont suffer.. Looking awesome!!... The rep system is a way to say "great job" "well done", thank you for sharing" .. Its a very good thing, ...spread the good vibes.. Dont forget to visit Live Stoners for a Welcome Spring Party this weekend!!

Well bro, the thing is. Most lights/lamps wont be effective at that distance, with the training, it allows a shorter distance for the lights the penetrate which will result in more of the lower branches/buds to develop better... There does come a point, usually in late veg, where cutting/topping should be stopped so the bud production dont suffer.. Looking awesome!!... The rep system is a way to say "great job" "well done", thank you for sharing" .. Its a very good thing, ...spread the good vibes.. Dont forget to visit Live Stoners for a Welcome Spring Party this weekend!!
No worries about tent height vs light effectivity. Based on advice from Amare here in my thread, I'm keeping the SolarECLIPSE SE450UVB at 22" above the canopy. Just saying, that with a nine foot high tent, I have lots of room to keep raising the light over growing plants. Thanks again, and maybe I'll see you at the Spring Part.

Back