New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

I hey brotha! OK so I see 2 thing's in your grow I can help ya out with... I believe your plants are smaller and growing slow due to overwatering... 1 gal is a lot of feed even for a big healthy 27 day old plant... I didn't see what your substrate is. but you see the droopy leaves? that's over watering or the plant is thirsty. With you feeding 4 liters per plant though it is probably over-watering. Also they look hungry so I would up your feed to maybe 1.5 milliliters per L on your base nutes. I'm subbed up brotha:pop::pass:

I hey brotha! OK so I see 2 thing's in your grow I can help ya out with... I believe your plants are smaller and growing slow due to overwatering... 1 gal is a lot of feed even for a big healthy 27 day old plant... I didn't see what your substrate is. but you see the droopy leaves? that's over watering or the plant is thirsty. With you feeding 4 liters per plant though it is probably over-watering. Also they look hungry so I would up your feed to maybe 1.5 milliliters per L on your base nutes. I'm subbed up brotha:pop::pass:
Thanks for subbing in. I'm happy to have the additional input. I too was surprised at the 1 gal per plant feed --- I looked back, and yep, that's what I wrote. But in fact I only mixed up a 10 liter batch. Of that, the younger two plants got about 2 liters each, and the older two got 3 liters each. Only one of the older plants produced any runoff from that. So I thinking the small size is probably due to cold temps during the first few weeks The ambient temp in the room had been about 62-64 - and that's what I was getting in the tent as well. It took several adjustments and more equipment to bring the tent temperatures up. Last week I've gotten it in the low-&-mid-70s. This week I'm trying to push it to high-70s or 80.

Thanks for the tip on increasing the base nutes to 1.5 ml. That's what I'll do on the next feed. I'm also thinking that maybe its time to dial back on the Voodoo? But IDK, this whole nute thing, and diagnosing the plant's chemistry by looking at its leaves, is going to take me some time. BTW, my substrate is pure coco. Cheers.

Thanks for subbing in. I'm happy to have the additional input. I too was surprised at the 1 gal per plant feed --- I looked back, and yep, that's what I wrote. But in fact I only mixed up a 10 liter batch. Of that, the younger two plants got about 2 liters each, and the older two got 3 liters each. Only one of the older plants produced any runoff from that. So I thinking the small size is probably due to cold temps during the first few weeks The ambient temp in the room had been about 62-64 - and that's what I was getting in the tent as well. It took several adjustments and more equipment to bring the tent temperatures up. Last week I've gotten it in the low-&-mid-70s. This week I'm trying to push it to high-70s or 80.

Thanks for the tip on increasing the base nutes to 1.5 ml. That's what I'll do on the next feed. I'm also thinking that maybe its time to dial back on the Voodoo? But IDK, this whole nute thing, and diagnosing the plant's chemistry by looking at its leaves, is going to take me some time. BTW, my substrate is pure coco. Cheers.

3 litres is pretty close to 1 gal mate ;)

Don't worry about learning the leaves you'll pick it up over time. It's important to remember yellowing starting at the tips is a sign of to much nutes... yellowing starting at the body of a leaf like a fade is lack of nutes. That's enough to get u going bro, I think girls looking great at mo bump you feed a bit like trip says. But less is deffo more with these things, as my good friend @2Stoned2Care can show you with his grows, he ran low ppms and has had some incredible harvests.

@Sensi Jay - hey man, I love the "Leaf-Lore For Dummies" advice about yellow from within versus yellow from the tip. What about too little or too much CalMag -- that seems to be a big issue -- any quick tip on spotting that one? Glad to hear you confirm Trips suggestion to bump the base a bit -- 'cause I know lots of folks say to be stingy, or at least not follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

ok so yea the low temps def played a role also. how do your lower bigger leaves feel? soft or thick and stiff/rough.if soft and smooth then they dont got not too much nitrogen so go ahead and up the base nutes... but if they are rough and such then just up your calmag and not your base nutes... yes you can drop the voodoo. i only ran it the 1st 3-4 weeks

What about too little or too much CalMag -- that seems to be a big issue --
yes too little calmag will cripple your bud production.. especially if your under LED..

Yo @tripaholic88. Great advice. So I just caressed the ladies. Doodah, doodah. And while I have no basis of comparison (with plants that is), I'm going to go with "leaves are soft." So next feed -- which is probably a couple of days away, I'll bump the Sensi Coco Grow A/B to 1.5 ml/l and cut out the Voodoo. But unless you or someone else think otherwise, I'll keep the CalMag and B52 in the mix at 1 ml/l. Thanks.

Yo @tripaholic88. Great advice. So I just caressed the ladies. Doodah, doodah. And while I have no basis of comparison (with plants that is), I'm going to go with "leaves are soft." So next feed -- which is probably a couple of days away, I'll bump the Sensi Coco Grow A/B to 1.5 ml/l and cut out the Voodoo. But unless you or someone else think otherwise, I'll keep the CalMag and B52 in the mix at 1 ml/l. Thanks.
maybe lets do this now that i think about it... 1.25ml/l on the base nutes and 1.25-maybe 1.5ml/l on the calmag:headbang::headbang::headbang: and no problem on the little "lesson" its handy to know whether your over feeding he Nitrogen.

9/10 when your going into flower and your getting lighter green growth its lack of calmag as they require more to produce flowers:toke:

Hey @Only1Sky !!

Your tent is looking a lot GREENER! Nice growth! I see you even got a mutant? I think I got one too! :biggrin:
Keep up the good work my friend!!
:pass:
Yeh, I'm slowly getting the environment (temp & RH) under better management. And for sure, the OG Kush is a real whacko. She was born with a helmet head, and never got it quite right even after surgery. Still, she likes to grow, so I've been having fun trying out LST and even some topping on her. She doesn't seem to mind.

maybe lets do this now that i think about it... 1.25ml/l on the base nutes and 1.25-maybe 1.5ml/l on the calmag:headbang::headbang::headbang: and no problem on the little "lesson" its handy to know whether your over feeding he Nitrogen.

9/10 when your going into flower and your getting lighter green growth its lack of calmag as they require more to produce flowers:toke:
Okee-dokey -- we'll just step up the Sensi Grow & CalMag by 25% rather than 50%. Think its ok to keep the B52 in the mix as well? Thanks.

Back