New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

Looking good! I like to keep my temps up closer to 80 with LED and 75 with HID. If you get 60 temps and 60% rh your risk of pm goes up.
Hi Jingo, I have a few novice questions please

1st, what is this "pm" that I am risking?
2nd, with all the plants still this small, do I need to run my extractor fan? To date I've just been running two 9" interior oscillators to keep the plants stimulated and the air churned up. But this afternoon I turned on my 420 cfm Can extractor .... Thinking that maybe I needed to get the tent's air exchanged on a regular basis. Of course, with the extractor running, both the tent's temp and RH immediately dropped. I'm now just below 65 temp and 37 RH.

I can correct the RH by adjusting the humidifier. But heat is another matter. I had hoped I wouldn't need a device to heat the tent, but I guess I will until summer temps raise the room's ambient temp.
Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Hi Jingo, I have a few novice questions please

1st, what is this "pm" that I am risking?
2nd, with all the plants still this small, do I need to run my extractor fan? To date I've just been running two 9" interior oscillators to keep the plants stimulated and the air churned up. But this afternoon I turned on my 420 cfm Can extractor .... Thinking that maybe I needed to get the tent's air exchanged on a regular basis. Of course, with the extractor running, both the tent's temp and RH immediately dropped. I'm now just below 65 temp and 37 RH.

I can correct the RH by adjusting the humidifier. But heat is another matter. I had hoped I wouldn't need a device to heat the tent, but I guess I will until summer temps raise the room's ambient temp.
Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Sorry, I forget acronyms and abbreviations aren't clear. Pm is powdery mildew it will settle on the leaves and give little grey/white spots. It loves temps under 65, but is a threat under 70.

I usually love a humidity that you have right now with seedlings but then that's with a higher room temperature. Oscillating fans will keep mildew spores from settling on your plants and that'll probably keep you from getting powdery mildew. But, if you don't get your temps up your plants are going to be stunted and you'll have a very poor harvest. Could you not get a 250 watt heat lamp bulb in there that would probably give you enough raise in temperature I would think.

Thanks @jingo I'm researching heat sources now, and will check out the 250 watt bulb. My primary objective will be a solution that minimizes wattage/amps as my room is limited to two 15 amp circuits -- and that gets shared with other functions and rooms as well.

Updates: Day 19 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies
Day 10 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

Making progress getting the tent's environment dialed in. Got a 150W cermanic infrared heat emitter and a Bayite (BTC201) digital thermostat controller to playoff the heater and exhaust fan. Tent temps are now 70F with RH around 50%. I'll try to push the temps up a bit more, but may need to go with a higher wattage heat bulb. Well see.

The Amare 450 is on 19 out of 24 hours, and is at 22" over the canopy with the cobs still off. Gave all four plants their 1st full feeding. Used 10 liters; mix was all AN products: 1 ml/l each sensi coco a&b, voodoo, B52, and .5 ml/l CalMag.

My biggest concern/question/disappointment is the extremely slow growth from all four. Looking over other member's journals, the size of these plants should be many times greater for the time they've had. Clearly I've made numerous mistakes in the first couple of weeks --- I just want to "learn and fix" and do better next time.

Here's the 19 day girls, Fastbuds Cookies and Humbolt's OG Kush. I think they got lanky from the start 'cause maybe I left them in their root starter in the propagation dome with only a 17w T5 7 inches over them. It was 3 days before they went into the coco pots and under the Amare. The Kush has always been mal-formed. The first couple of days it couldn't shake off the seed pod -- eventually I pulled it off with tweezers. I hope in time it will develop more normal leaves.

19.GS.JPG
19.OG.JPG

And here's the 10 day olds, Auto Seeds' Chemdog and Sweet Seed's Trainwreck. For these babes, I put the T5 light just 3 inches over the emerging seeds, and then into the coco pots under the Amare on their 2nd day above ground. I like that they're not as lanky, but still, why such slow leaf development after 10 days?
10.CD.JPG
10.TW.JPG

I wish I could be more help for you, but my grow is just starting with Amare and I know nothing about coco. The train wreck and Chemdog seem to be doing great. The other two are living, and growing soo just stay with it, they could end up turning the corner for you.

I'm hoping someone can help you with the slow growth. Using these Amare lights should give us strong - flourishing growth. So if I had to guess something with environment, growing medium, or water/nutes.. just remember Growing is a learning process. I'm going rock on with your grow no matter what happens. !! :headbang:

Your ten day old plants look perfect, no worries. With that red heater you may as well run your lights 24/0 or turn the heater so the red glow doesn't face the plants. The red in the dark can stretch the plant.

I'd think about vegging with the t5s until the plants are 6-8 inches tall. They will have less space between the nodes and you will get warmer air right under the light, holding about three inches like you were.

Howdy @jingo and @Burr_nit
Thanks for stopping by and the kind words of encouragement. I'm suffering what must be a classic case of noob impatience -- I keep wanting to see dramatic changes every couple of days. Appreciate your tips, it gives me something to research and do. The infrared bulb is now turned up and away from the plants. And a 4-bulb T5 light (96 watts total) is on its way and will be installed in two days.

The only thing I can think to see, but I think you addressed it, was possible wind burn and that's why everybody is all leaning growing in the same direction. I try to have my fan bounce off a wall and create a weak cyclonic effect.

Otherwise, you got this!

The only thing I can think to see, but I think you addressed it, was possible wind burn and that's why everybody is all leaning growing in the same direction. I try to have my fan bounce off a wall and create a weak cyclonic effect.

Otherwise, you got this!
Hum.... I've got two 9" oscillating fans, each in opposite corners, blowing right across the pot tops. Although I have them on low speed, it may be too much. I thought this was supposed to be good for inducing strength and fresh air, but you make a good point. I think I'll "tone things down" a bit --- maybe point one up and the other down at the floor. BTW, I keep turning the direction of the plants (the fabric pots sit on wheeled trays that catch the runoff), so at least they're not subject to a singular directional force.
wheeled pot.jpg

Back