New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

Hello there Vic. Thanks for keep an eye on me. Let me clarify and also ask a question please.
So, my understanding is, if running with both Mono AND Cobs, keep the distance 24-30" while in Veg, then consider lowering it to 20" when in Flower. Correct?

Yes.

And my addition question is, when in the cycle, and for what daily time duration, would you run the UVB light?
Thanks in advance for you response. I'm loving the lights, they're awesome !

We recommend turning on the UVB for the first 10 hours of the photoperiod in flowering at the first sign of trichomes production until harvest. The SE450uvb has a dedicated power socket for the UVB and separate timer. Looking forward to a great grow!

We recommend turning on the UVB for the first 10 hours of the photoperiod in flowering at the first sign of trichomes production until harvest. The SE450uvb has a dedicated power socket for the UVB and separate timer. Looking forward to a great grow!
Thanks Vic, perfectly clear and concise answers. As a total noob, I'll consider keeping them alive and getting some (any) bud to be a great grow. But I swear, from what I'm learning every week, I can't wait 'till my 2nd grow and a better opportunity to do your light proud.

Welcome to the AFN family bruv..:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:...Everyone here is ju$t chillin,smokin,groWin..and sharing.. :pass:

....feel free to ask anyone anything..everybody's really cool :cool1: :smokeout: just tag them with an @(Name).. anyways :goodluck:
on your grow bro..and do keep a grow journal..it would help you and the rest of us too... Cheers :chimp:

my grow...bout 45 days in - come chk it out s'time ... cheers, :baked: *just found your thread def goNNa sub*
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hi-guys-the-whole-shebang.58275/

...and I use calimagic 0.5ml per litre ( half of recommended ) at every feed

20170402_150503 (2).jpg 20170402_150512 (2).jpg
20170402_150523 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I like the Caliagic, after experimenting over a few auto grows, I found 2 ml a gallon to work in my environment. But, I run the whole GH line and you may have more calcium in your other nutes. So I guess 1.1 ml per litre is what I'm using.

Current Diaries
Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze
Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.
Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo's continuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

I like the Caliagic, after experimenting over a few auto grows, I found 2 ml a gallon to work in my environment. But, I run the whole GH line and you may have more calcium in your other nutes. So I guess 1.1 ml per litre is what I'm using.

Current Diaries
Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze
Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.
Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo's continuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.
I'll have a gander at them later jingo look interesting. Till then :pass:

Updates: Day 40 for Humboldt's OG. Kush & FastBuds' GS Cookies /// Day 31 for Sweet Seeds' Trainwreck & Auto Seeds' Chemdog

Time for a photo update -- its been 5 days since I posted pics of two with problem leaf conditions, and even longer since you've seen pics of the whole gang. Truth is ... for the past ten days or so I've been struggling with dialing in the nutes since turning on the Amare's Cobs -- and since the girls are now in what's probably the later stages of their veg phase. I was slow to boost up the cal-mag, and then when I did I think I might have been getting some Nitrogen toxicity. My AN base coco sensi nutes along with the 4.0 nitrogen AN Cal Mag Sensi Xtra was probably too much. I got a bottle of General Organics (GO) CaMG+ that has just 1% nitrogen.

2 days ago I threw 14 liters (with runoff) at everyone using a mix of 1.5 ml/l of base nutes and 2 ml/l of calmag --- but I split the calmag 50/50 between the AN and the GO. 3 of the 4 plants seemed to tolerate that just fine, but Trainwreck protested with more clawing and more spotting. Here is Trainwreck at 31 days:
31.TW a.JPG
31.TW b1.JPG

So from now on, I'm just going to use the GO CaMg+. Here's pics of Trainwreck's sister, the 31 day old ChemDog:
31.CD a.JPG
31.CD b.JPG

She seems pretty happy. You see the thin plastic wires that I'm using for LST. She about 14" at the moment.
Here is one of the oldest, the 40 day OG Kush:

40.OG a.JPG
40.OG b.JPG

As you may recall, this is the plant born with the helmet head, who was always a bit of an ugly duckling. But she has led the pack in height and continues to respond well to the LST. She is about 19" at here peak.
And here's the last of the four, the 40-day old Girl Scout Cookie:
40.GS a.JPG
40.GS b.JPG

She been a little "slow" on the uptake ever since I broke off a main stem on my first day of LST. That was a while ago, and I think she's looking a lot better now, just shorter at 14".

Yesterday I removed the humidifiers, which I had been dialing back for the past week. Today humidity continues strong and trending upwards on its own. Its in the high sixties at the moment, and a couple of times today it even hit low 70s. The girls as drinking a lot more now, and obviously perspiring like a bunch of dancing hippies at a sunny July rock festival. I'm now playing with the time that the exhaust fan is on to see if that will bring down the RH.

That's it for now. Any comments or feedback is always welcome.

Back