New Grower 1st grow; Amare SolarEclipse 450, Advanced Nutes, Coco

LOL i started on page one and saw the set up and saw when you said you didnt need cal mag i was like OHHHH lol ok now you got to really watch your ladies when you see them happy it will take like two days or so then add a little more as she gets bigger.. I haven't ran all coco but i suspect under led she will need it allot as she gets bigger..check some other coco grows that use the same nutes as you...You have a great start though ..I want to see that beast mode LOL Another thing is different strains take diff feeds so do your research see if they are heavy or light feeding ect it will show in the results the more you know..Good luck.

Hi @DABaracuss. Nice to see you in my patch. Yeh, you're right, it only took a couple of weeks of reading AFN journals to realize that not only would I need CalMag, but that I would need it in a big way. I can't understand why the Advanced Nutrients folks don't don't hype the critical nature of this for LED growers. Thanks for the feedback on the status situation of yellow leaves.

And, I'll have to agree, I now realize that growing different strains at the same time is probably best left to more experienced growers. It's hard enough dialing in the environmental and nutrient conditions for one strain, but when you've got 4 different ones going, you're pretty much assured that you won't get them all optimized at the same time. Therefore .... I'm planning my next grow to be more strain homogeneous, if not limiting it to multiple seedlings of just one strain. Grow and learn. I'm just so thrilled to have AFN folks to accelerate the learning for me.

Yea man I did 4 diff ones my first grow and knocked it out the park but not because i knew what i was doing really I just had allot of help and good soil that i mixed like 300 diff things into te plants had no choice but to get fat and burnt leaves lol But the thing is when you catch a problem remember to up yor feed and cal/mag i always forget or try to baby it and under do it when i first started. I up the feed till i get tip burn then back off and level out when i have different strains going its one way for me to see what each one wants .I mix for the heavy feed first then water down the leftover heavy mix nutes and feed to the light feed.

Yea man I did 4 diff ones my first grow and knocked it out the park but not because i knew what i was doing really I just had allot of help and good soil that i mixed like 300 diff things into te plants had no choice but to get fat and burnt leaves lol But the thing is when you catch a problem remember to up yor feed and cal/mag i always forget or try to baby it and under do it when i first started. I up the feed till i get tip burn then back off and level out when i have different strains going its one way for me to see what each one wants .I mix for the heavy feed first then water down the leftover heavy mix nutes and feed to the light feed.
Very good advice. Would not have thought about that strategy. Thanks.

Ok, me bad. I kinda knew better but just being lazy as my current mixing bucket maxes out at 12 liters. Next time, I shift over to a 5 gallon pail. Thanks guys.
Learn as you grow, that's what its all about! All the best mate, and good luck on the guess the weight I saw you put a late entry in haha!

Sounds like you've had quite a week! Hope everything is straightened out for you:growing::vibes:
Thanks for the well wishes. Too early to tell if I got the nute situation under control, but at least I have proactive steps I'm taking now. Also raising up my Amare light with the COBs a couple of inches every day. Seems that turning on the COBs may be responsible for the change in the plants' nutrition requirements. Makes sense, now, but I didn't really realize that beforehand.

I'm actually enjoying the technical challenge of watching, reading, adjusting and learning. It's a fun new hobby for a retired techno-analyst. But at the end of the run, what I really want is lots of good bud for my wife, and not just another way to pass my time.

Turning on the COBs will greatly increase your intensity and photosynthesis rate. This will result in more nute requirement, specifically cal-mag. It's recommended to supplement accordingly. For 6"+ plants, if you choose to also run the COBs, we recommend no lenses @24-30" and flower @20".

Turning on the COBs will greatly increase your intensity and photosynthesis rate. This will result in more nute requirement, specifically cal-mag. It's recommended to supplement accordingly. For 6"+ plants, if you choose to also run the COBs, we recommend no lenses @24-30" and flower @20".
Hello there Vic. Thanks for keep an eye on me. Let me clarify and also ask a question please.
So, my understanding is, if running with both Mono AND Cobs, keep the distance 24-30" while in Veg, then consider lowering it to 20" when in Flower. Correct?
And my addition question is, when in the cycle, and for what daily time duration, would you run the UVB light?
Thanks in advance for you response. I'm loving the lights, they're awesome !

Back