Mephisto Genetics 1 Pound.....1 Plant Mephisto Grow!

Besides the hydroguard, do you take any other precautions? Most literature seems to make me believe that hydroguard isn't enough by itself with high temps. My decision is going to be DWC with no chiller or full organic grow with Mephisto super soil. Up until I looked at your grow, I thought I really needed the chiller. I think DWC would be soooo much easier for me. Much easier to methodically record all of the variables and make quick decisions.

No I do absolutely nothing else for bucket temps besides using a beneficial bacteria i.e. Hydroguard. I don't screw around with ice cubes or frozen water bottles. Now I am curious if a chiller would help me even more but as of now I am chillerless.

No I do absolutely nothing else for bucket temps besides using a beneficial bacteria i.e. Hydroguard. I don't screw around with ice cubes or frozen water bottles. Now I am curious if a chiller would help me even more but as of now I am chillerless.

Hmm, I might have to try chillerless DWC I suppose! Thanks :)

So as my quest to challenge myself continues I have now set my sights on a 1 pound Mephisto grow. I have seen some outstanding Mephisto Genetic strains grown but I do not recall seeing a single 1 pound plant grown yet. If there has been please let me know. I still call myself a beginner with hydro and learn something new with each plant. I will say that hydro(DWC) has been so much easier for me than soil ever was.

My strain of choice will once again be a Grape Crinkle. I have grown 2 Grape Crinkle's so far with one going 12.47oz under less than 300w of simple LED. This time around she will have a 28"x53"x78" tent all to herself with 427 watts at the wall of LED. She will have a MarsHydro 300w(REAL 174w old model), my DIY Cree cxb3590 (104w) fixture and a brand new Amare SS150. I would like to thank both ATrain and Amare for gifting me this fixture. She will be in a 5 gallon DWC bucket. I will run my standard GH FLORA 3 part plus Botanicare's Silica Blast.

I am a couple of weeks away from getting this started as I need my current plant(DNA Kushberry photoperiod) to finish out first.

Your a man after my own heart @HotBunz , I'm literally trying to break the record as we speak ! My Ripley's OG plant (Day 47) is almost 6 ft tall and in an 18 Gallon Res with four 6 inch airstones.
Hope you don't mind if I make like Wilson from Home Improvement and watch from my yard....:peek: Good luck ! I'll never forget your kick ass Cherry Bomb Auto that you grew !

Last edited:
I hope all my fellow Mephisto Freaks are going well! So Grape Crinkle [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] is on day 9 today. She has been getting a taste of GH's GRO and MICRO so far and is at 107PPM. She's got some signs of low humidity but I am not worried one bit as it's just the way my set up runs. The tent humidity will go up once she starts getting big enough to effect the conditions inside the tent herself. I have had her under a Amare SS150 with both the veg and flower lights on. If I remember correctly this draws 152w at the wall with both settings on.

GC3_day9.jpg

Nothing much to report yet. She is on day 15 as of today. She is sitting in 100PPM nutes so according to my records I will call her a light feeder compared to my other Grape Crinkles at this same stage. Her side growth is right on par with she past sister and this is a good thing. She has had the MarsHydro 300 over her since my last update but I swapped back out to my Amare SS150 this morning.

GC3_day15.jpg
GC3_day15side.jpg

Today is day 18.We have a couple of things to note on this update. First of all she in fact is a SHE as she has 2 pistols on her 5th node showing as of today! She is a very light feeder compared to the other two Grape Crinkles I have had. One was at 350PPM and the other was at 444PPM at day 18. I am pushing this plant with only 124PPM. Now the issue that real has me worried a little is the her leaves are very long and skinny unlike her other sisters who had short fat Indica leaves and they had tight internode spacing at this point. Not this girl.....long skinny leaves and she is pretty stretchy already so something tells me she is going to be Sativa dominate and that worries me about being able to reach my weight goal at this point.

GC3_day18.jpg
GC-day18_2.jpg

I have never been worried with bucket/rez temps. My buckets getinto the low 80's at the start of my grows till the canopy gets big enough and grows over the bucket for shade. I use Botanicare's Hydroguard.
The hydroguard hiw long do you think a bottle status good for? I bought one used it a few times . Than I've had it sitting in a cool dark place ...

Today is day 18.We have a couple of things to note on this update. First of all she in fact is a SHE as she has 2 pistols on her 5th node showing as of today! She is a very light feeder compared to the other two Grape Crinkles I have had. One was at 350PPM and the other was at 444PPM at day 18. I am pushing this plant with only 124PPM. Now the issue that real has me worried a little is the her leaves are very long and skinny unlike her other sisters who had short fat Indica leaves and they had tight internode spacing at this point. Not this girl.....long skinny leaves and she is pretty stretchy already so something tells me she is going to be Sativa dominate and that worries me about being able to reach my weight goal at this point.

View attachment 731235 View attachment 731236
That looks a lot like my two grape crinkles they had super skinny leaves and no matter what I did wanted to get as tall as they could . I had them lst"d and my hps very close and she still kept stretching .

Day 21......

Sorry for the crappy picture.She's doing her own thing and doesn't want to get pushed to hard with nutes. She is now sharing the tent with a new Sour Crack sprout. I am getting parts together for another COB fixture. This new one will be a CXM22 fixture in 3500K 90cri. and will add 220w to the tent. Speaking of tents I will move to the 4x4 tent this weekend.

GC3_day21.jpg

Back