Mephisto Genetics 1 Pound.....1 Plant Mephisto Grow!

So it begins.......

There is my super high tech germination chamber.....

germ_chamber.jpg

It sits on top of an old cable TV box that is left ON. I place my little Grape Crinkle seed into the paper towel last night at 6pm and as of 9'ish am this morning this is the results.....

After_15hrs.jpg

So.....after a whopping 15 hrs I have a germed seed ready for the root cube. Beat that!

over the weekend I upgraded my DIY Cree fixture from 100w to 200w. I added 2 more 3000K cxb3590's. This time I am using the 90cri versions. The fixture now pulls 201w at the wall according to my Kill A Watt meter. I most likely will build another DIY fixture using Citizen 1818 COB's once I move over to the 4x4 tent.

She is on day 2 from sprout is is rocking and rolling already. Here is a quick couple of pictures of her. I really do love these Rhizocore net pot/bucket tops. Her tap root is already 4"+ long already. She will get a 85-100PPM feed starting tomorrow.

GC3_day2.jpg
GC3_tapday 2.jpg

So it begins.......

There is my super high tech germination chamber.....

View attachment 719051

It sits on top of an old cable TV box that is left ON. I place my little Grape Crinkle seed into the paper towel last night at 6pm and as of 9'ish am this morning this is the results.....

View attachment 719052

So.....after a whopping 15 hrs I have a germed seed ready for the root cube. Beat that!

over the weekend I upgraded my DIY Cree fixture from 100w to 200w. I added 2 more 3000K cxb3590's. This time I am using the 90cri versions. The fixture now pulls 201w at the wall according to my Kill A Watt meter. I most likely will build another DIY fixture using Citizen 1818 COB's once I move over to the 4x4 tent.

Subbed
That's my high tech germination chamber, too!

@HotBunz how are you keeping your res cooled?
I am considering DWC for my 2nd grow, so I shall be following!! :)

I have never been worried with bucket/rez temps. My buckets getinto the low 80's at the start of my grows till the canopy gets big enough and grows over the bucket for shade. I use Botanicare's Hydroguard.

I have never been worried with bucket/rez temps. My buckets getinto the low 80's at the start of my grows till the canopy gets big enough and grows over the bucket for shade. I use Botanicare's Hydroguard.

Besides the hydroguard, do you take any other precautions? Most literature seems to make me believe that hydroguard isn't enough by itself with high temps. My decision is going to be DWC with no chiller or full organic grow with Mephisto super soil. Up until I looked at your grow, I thought I really needed the chiller. I think DWC would be soooo much easier for me. Much easier to methodically record all of the variables and make quick decisions.

Back