Indoor $1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

$1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got a bunch of photos from Linda after seeing this thread a few months ago. I'll be getting some ready i have 10 plus so I'll update here.

Waiting on this new england weather to warm up. I might start the few indica leaning ones so I can get them out in a few weeks. The more equatorial genetics will never finish up here without a greenhouse and I can't build one where I live unfortunately.

I've almost ordered that fat blueberry like 5 times. My auto catalogs pretty full at the moment though. I want it badly though!!!ahhh so many choices I want them all!!
Like freaking Pokémon for stoner adults.

Thats one hell of a light im a bit jealous. The price is just a bit steep. I might pick up a refurbished one soon here or I'm going to build 3 hlg 300 watt xls. I've also been thinking maybe getting like 6 to 9 of the qb96s. I need some lights to fill my basement I'm framing out. So many choices. I also really like the photontek bar style. So many choices!!

Without DIY, I wouldn't have then either. But i decided it was time to upgrade to the best I could afford and I won't have to upgrade again for a long time. I've got about $750 in each light. The light output is just crazy and the efficiency exceeds that of my Gen 1 QB 304s by a decent amount. for three tents and 1 cabinet, my growroom consumes about 1300 watts total, including fans. The airconditioner is probably another 900 watts, however, i don't count that as it would be there and running anyway.

Thats one hell of a light im a bit jealous. The price is just a bit steep. I might pick up a refurbished one soon here or I'm going to build 3 hlg 300 watt xls. I've also been thinking maybe getting like 6 to 9 of the qb96s. I need some lights to fill my basement I'm framing out. So many choices. I also really like the photontek bar style. So many choices!!

Looks like you get a real good efficient set up all around. I looked into the efficiency on those boards when they first came out. I think it definitely makes sense as long as you plan on keeping them for a long time. Especially the jump from the gen 1s. The 288s are pretty close within a couple of tenths of umol/j. At the same time I can scoop a refurbished 650 for 750 when they have them which seems to be about once a month. Thats why I'm so torn. The prices are pretty close on those. I've also begun looking into diy strips any opinions on those?

I'd have no problem with buying one of those refurbs either! All HLG lights are great and a good investment. The strips are a good light source but I feel the Quantum Boards are a superior product.
My old 304s are going to go into my small tent and be run at low power, around 50n watts per board. They've got a few years left in them!

Looks like you get a real good efficient set up all around. I looked into the efficiency on those boards when they first came out. I think it definitely makes sense as long as you plan on keeping them for a long time. Especially the jump from the gen 1s. The 288s are pretty close within a couple of tenths of umol/j. At the same time I can scoop a refurbished 650 for 750 when they have them which seems to be about once a month. Thats why I'm so torn. The prices are pretty close on those. I've also begun looking into diy strips any opinions on those?

Back