Indoor $1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

$1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 26

Looking good they growing very Quickly.. I will add a watering system with a 50l tank to both but first a try on a single plant tomorrow ore so the halo rings are not ready only 1 and i place it to see if its getting the good size looks great

Left side Amnesia Lemon right side White Widow
IMG_20230116_233534.jpg

IMG_20230116_233551.jpg

IMG_20230116_233559.jpg

... of course, now I'm finding that if I like a price on something I shouldn't wait to order it because the Texas Butter I was looking at got to $3.50/seed and someone bought it lol.

Now I'm sorting by cheapest price and waiting for something appealing to bubble up to the top. It looks like a pretty active site.
I've been watching the reverse auction at Greenpoint Seeds all day today, and I think there's a reserve or minimum because prices didn't drop below 25-30%. There's a random component to calculating the drop in prices. One auction for Ponderosa Cookies dropped to $18.08 and another only dropped to $18.92. - $3.72/seed at the lower price. That's good enough for me, but cheaper is always better.

I think there must be a reserve price, but their website says there isn't. So I'm going to write a Python script to watch prices for several days to see if seed prices ever drop below 20% or 10%. If they do I'll update it to send me an email or text so I can jump on and buy, whatever it is.

Anyway, one thing I have figured out for sure is that if you watch a strain after it gets below 30% of retail and note the price before it disappears, you should be able to get it for that price on the next round. I guess it depends on how much my time is worth. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :biggrin:

Last edited:
This is my last post on Green Point Seeds. Apologies for hijacking the $1.50 thread but I thought an update was in order.

I checked their reverse auction first thing this morning and Purple Canyon was listed at $15.32 so even though funds are short, I ordered it for future pheno-hunting and seed making.

After I submitted my order, I saw that I had paid $67 - full retail. That strain isn't on today's auction, so it must have been sitting on the old page from last night. So I texted and emailed them asking them to cancel the order or return the extra money.

They refunded me the difference in an hour. My cost after shipping was $19.93, a total cost of $3.32 per seed. That's twice $1.50, but I still think it's a good price for what looks like great genetics that I can test.

I also took a stab at a script that monitors their auction prices and gave up - it looks like too much work for me.

Day 30

Looking very good both of them...
I hope they not exploding to much because of my room size but when i cut the lights down maybe to control litte bit the growth xD both showing a litte preflower but without Hair's i hope they will enter the Strech very soon.
I has removed some Leafs on top of them to let it grow more Bushy

Left Side Linda's Amnesia Lemon
Right Linda's White Widow

IMG_20230119_224322.jpg
IMG_20230119_224338.jpg
IMG_20230119_224311.jpg

Day 30

Looking very good both of them...
I hope they not exploding to much because of my room size but when i cut the lights down maybe to control litte bit the growth xD both showing a litte preflower but without Hair's i hope they will enter the Strech very soon.
I has removed some Leafs on top of them to let it grow more Bushy

Left Side Linda's Amnesia Lemon
Right Linda's White Widow

View attachment 1557392View attachment 1557393View attachment 1557394
They look a bit dry and seem to be receiving to much nitrogen, but none the less beautiful ladies ;)

An update on the seed order from Force of Nature at Strainly...After two weeks these haven't arrived yet, but I'm still hopeful that they'll arrive in the coming week. There's been a strike at the UK post, and since all US mail to Europe goes through the UK, it's kinda normal that we'll have to add some extra processing days to get through :shrug:

Have you gotten your seeds yet @Bob's Auto's ?
That's what I said in the previous post brother...Still waiting on mine, but I'm patient ;)
Got some seeds coming from the UK as well, so double cross my fingers :goodluck: :goodluck:

They look a bit dry and seem to be receiving to much nitrogen, but none the less beautiful ladies ;)

An update on the seed order from Force of Nature at Strainly...After two weeks these haven't arrived yet, but I'm still hopeful that they'll arrive in the coming week. There's been a strike at the UK post, and since all US mail to Europe goes through the UK, it's kinda normal that we'll have to add some extra processing days to get through :shrug:

Yeah the White Widow litte nitro toxic but Amnesia is looking better but both will out growth ;)

Which Breeder you buy?

He had several Mephisto Wedding crosses for sale at a sharp price at the time. :thumbsup:
I ordered 10x Mephisto's Wedding x Forum Stomper. He told me he had two original Mephisto Wedding seeds left over from the original pack he bought and would add this to my order. Yippie :woohoo1:
I'm glad I'm getting closer to this unicorn I've been searching for, for so long... :warrior:

Back