What am I doing wrong šŸ˜¬

Welcome! As other folks have mentioned, your plants look pretty good :cheers:

In terms of your concerns...just keep your environment decent and you're going to have a very full tent soon:

It looks like your light has PPFD maps here: https://www.sanlight.com/en/news/sanlight-evo-serie-1-5-par-test-ppfd-plots-und-mehr/
and then these should give you some references on generally where to be as things change if it helps:View attachment 1678445View attachment 1678443View attachment 1678444
Thank you for the response, I appreciate it ! Yeah Iā€™ve checked the PPFD Plot at the SANlight website but wasnā€™t sure if my plants may have gotten too much light anyway šŸ˜¬. They(SANlight) got it at 40cm and 100% which results in about 900-1100. I just put them a bit higher and used the dimmer until the photone app showed 300uMol (itā€™s not an apogee but it seems pretty decent on iPhone 14 Pro Max)

Since there are no bleached spots or
yellow tips I think the lightning is fine and I should increase the intensity a little bit week by week. Guess Iā€™ve really just overwateredā€¦ thatā€™s why I got the fungus gnats as well but I watered with nematodes today. Will leave them to dry out again and then turn on the Autopots.

Thanks for the helpful replies yā€™all, have a good evening šŸ™šŸ»

In my view (caution: seemingly not be the most common), too much light for young plants is not a problem (until it shows up, then you just cull the plant).

I don't adjust to low light levels for young plants; that's not how it works in nature with sprouted seeds getting blasted with full sunlight. I'll keep them in the shade under the canopy for a few days, then I (a lazy grower) put them in their final 5-7 gallon pot and they get full light in the tent along with the plants near harvest that these young plants will soon be replacing. If a young plant shows any problems (can be up to 1 in 5), it simply gets culled. I generally plant 2 seeds of the same strain in each pot, and expect to cull some of the stragglers.
Thank you for the input šŸ™šŸ»

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it ! Yeah Iā€™ve checked the PPFD Plot at the SANlight website but wasnā€™t sure if my plants may have gotten too much light anyway šŸ˜¬
Happy to help with things I know something about...I don't own anything to measure PPM/EC so I can't really help with nutes/feeding issues, but I know a little about lighting and environment because getting those things in decent shape has been the key for me.

Glad you know your PPFD...I might of missed your hours but what is your DLI?

FWIW, I think you are likely ~15% low in your RH for your temperature and where the plants are in their lifecycle if I'm not too :baked: to cross reference. If that's been the environment their first few weeks it would have slowed growth a little, but may not matter if things are good going forward regardless, but something to think about...proper environment is more important than a lot of folks think.

Happy to help with things I know something about...I don't own anything to measure PPM/EC so I can't really help with nutes/feeding issues, but I know a little about lighting and environment because getting those things in decent shape has been the key for me.

Glad you know your PPFD...I might of missed your hours but what is your DLI?

FWIW, I think you are likely ~15% low in your RH for your temperature and where the plants are in their lifecycle if I'm not too :baked: to cross reference. If that's been the environment their first few weeks it would have slowed growth a little, but may not matter if things are good going forward regardless, but something to think about...proper environment is more important than a lot of folks think.

If I got the calculating right ( ~300 PPFD, 20 hours of light) the DLI should be around 22? Iā€™ve read something about 30 in veg so maybe I should ramp up the PPFD?

The humidity is pretty low yeah but I am working on itā€¦ I turned on the humidifier and reduced the rate of the exhaustion fan a little bit to get it a warmer and more humid in there. Since the ground is still a little cold in the basement, Iā€™ve put a heating mat under the tent āœŒšŸ»

If I got the calculating right ( ~300 PPFD, 20 hours of light) the DLI should be around 22?
Yeah, that looks right.

Iā€™ve read something about 30 in veg so maybe I should ramp up the PPFD?
Yes, since you're at about 3 weeks, you can keep slowly ramping it up as the weeks go on, but keep in mind they will start drinking more at some point soon:
AF DLI.jpg

The humidity is pretty low yeah but I am working on itā€¦ I turned on the humidifier and reduced the rate of the exhaustion fan a little bit to get it a warmer and more humid in there.
Nice...if you continue to struggle getting the RH up you can always go old school and put a bucket of water with a small towel hanging in it in there :pass:

Yeah, that looks right.

Yes, since you're at about 3 weeks, you can keep slowly ramping it up as the weeks go on, but keep in mind they will start drinking more at some point soon:
View attachment 1678485

Nice...if you continue to struggle getting the RH up you can always go old school and put a bucket of water with a small towel hanging in it in there :pass:
thanks for taking the time man šŸ™šŸ» too kind! Imma slowly ramp it up from now on using the chart youā€™ve ā€œpostedā€ here.

Hey there,

so, Iā€™ve started these fastbuds Gorilla cookies which started their life on April 2nd. The looked pretty good in the beginning but now, they seem to be a bit slow and droopy to me ? I may have overwatered once but I am leaving them to dry out now (last watering was on April 15th) since I also gut some fungus gnats :( The one in the middle and the one at the bottom right joined the party later. I am planning to let them dry out a little more and then feed them some nematodes. I also turned the airdomes on 2 days ago but still water by hand.

since they seem a bit ā€œbushyā€ to me, I put the lights about 80 cm above the plants and turned them to 75% but they still look kinda small and droopy or am I just overreacting šŸ˜‚.

A bit more setup info:

Strain: Gorilla Cookies
Soil: Canna Bio Terra
Nutrients: Biotabs
Pots: 8,5l autopots with airdomes
Lights: 2x SANlight Evo 4-120 (1.5 Version)
Temps: between 23 and 27 degrees Celsius
Humidty: 32 - 45 %
Exhaust: CanFan Pro 615mĀ³

Should I let them grow further or just reset and start all over again with new seeds ? Sorry for the weird english and the bad pics, got some technical issues :D

Thanks in advance & have a great day !
hello bro im using nearly all the same things me sanlight EVO and autopots and biotabs so to start they look fine for their age but regarding them looking droopy they look pretty good to me but now is your paramount time to get your watering correct and what I suggest is to lift your pots and until their light don't feed them you don't want them waterlogged and them you may see knats as I'm lucky and I never see any bugs in my tent but I have a rule if its been outside it never comes back indoors eg soil et as it brings its friends along with it . now regarding your height id stay about 40cm keeping them around there but use the photone app to keep your light levels correct and just dim your lights to keep that in check and you should be good to go but if you need me I've got a sanlight thread that I've had going for years so pop back anytime I posted you a little chart to help you along and sanlights recommended heights
Screenshot_20240421_204437_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240421_204804_Gallery.jpg

hello bro im using nearly all the same things me sanlight EVO and autopots and biotabs so to start they look fine for their age but regarding them looking droopy they look pretty good to me but now is your paramount time to get your watering correct and what I suggest is to lift your pots and until their light don't feed them you don't want them waterlogged and them you may see knats as I'm lucky and I never see any bugs in my tent but I have a rule if its been outside it never comes back indoors eg soil et as it brings its friends along with it . now regarding your height id stay about 40cm keeping them around there but use the photone app to keep your light levels correct and just dim your lights to keep that in check and you should be good to go but if you need me I've got a sanlight thread that I've had going for years so pop back anytime I posted you a little chart to help you along and sanlights recommended heights
View attachment 1678491View attachment 1678492
Ohhh nice, thatā€™s like a pretty similar setup šŸ˜¬. Thanks for the infos ! I checked the ladies a few minutes ago and they look better in my opinion ! But the node - distance is so smallā€¦ i hope theyā€™ll stretch when flower kicks in

Attachments

• IMG_9349.jpeg
    IMG_9349.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9350.png
    IMG_9350.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 2
Back