What am I doing wrong?

New growth looking a little healthier? I've just raised the light up a couple of inches higher and a little water for her after the photo.

Attachments

• 20230302_214301.jpg
    20230302_214301.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
New growth looking a little healthier? I've just raised the light up a couple of inches higher and a little water for her after the photo.
It's all a learning process brother... Next time try sowing in seedling mix instead. No additional nutrients, just the lightmix. Then, when the seedling takes off you can start with adding nutrients.
Give me a tag if you need help mate!! :cheers:

Sorry I was being a little under-technical, I just meant the 6th out of 11 notches (11 as notch 0 is still an "on" state).
The photone app is reading a little over 400ppfd at this setting.

I've seen others make the same mistake here on AFN - presuming that their variable intensity grow lights have a linear 0-100% adjustable scale, while for ex., the HLG-300L rspect quantum board dial adjusts with 10 clicks/settings from 60-270 watts. Thus, 5 out of 10 clicks/settings is not 1/2 power.

HLG and other lights with variable dials should disclose the actual light intensities for their dial settings! Or even more of us need to use a cell phone, lux meter or other methods of estimating light intensity.

Growers who make decisions based on such such assumptions about light intensity settings could be setting themselves up for major problems, including over-dosing seedlings; wrong calculations of yield/watt, etc. For ex., they may assume a 2 out of 10 setting is 20% power while the HLG scale actually starts at 22% power, and at setting 2 the plants would apparently be getting ≥100 watts or ≥37% power, over 50% more than expected. And another problem is that unless disclosed by the manufacturer, we don't really know that the dial settings are linear, an equal amount between each setting.

I've seen others make the same mistake here on AFN - presuming that their variable intensity grow lights have a linear 0-100% adjustable scale, while for ex., the HLG-300L rspect quantum board dial adjusts with 10 clicks/settings from 60-270 watts. Thus, 5 out of 10 clicks/settings is not 1/2 power.

HLG and other lights with variable dials should disclose the actual light intensities for their dial settings! Or even more of us need to use a cell phone, lux meter or other methods of estimating light intensity.

Growers who make decisions based on such such assumptions about light intensity settings could be setting themselves up for major problems, including over-dosing seedlings; wrong calculations of yield/watt, etc. For ex., they may assume a 2 out of 10 setting is 20% power while the HLG scale actually starts at 22% power, and at setting 2 the plants would apparently be getting ≥100 watts or ≥37% power, over 50% more than expected. And another problem is that unless disclosed by the manufacturer, we don't really know that the dial settings are linear, an equal amount between each setting.

I've ordered a plug socket meter, so at some point I'll collate the wattage readings for each light level.

Looks like when the pH is off

Back