What am I doing wrong šŸ˜¬

ebnyzord

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hey there,

so, Iā€™ve started these fastbuds Gorilla cookies which started their life on April 2nd. The looked pretty good in the beginning but now, they seem to be a bit slow and droopy to me ? I may have overwatered once but I am leaving them to dry out now (last watering was on April 15th) since I also gut some fungus gnats :( The one in the middle and the one at the bottom right joined the party later. I am planning to let them dry out a little more and then feed them some nematodes. I also turned the airdomes on 2 days ago but still water by hand.

since they seem a bit ā€œbushyā€ to me, I put the lights about 80 cm above the plants and turned them to 75% but they still look kinda small and droopy or am I just overreacting šŸ˜‚.

A bit more setup info:

Strain: Gorilla Cookies
Soil: Canna Bio Terra
Nutrients: Biotabs
Pots: 8,5l autopots with airdomes
Lights: 2x SANlight Evo 4-120 (1.5 Version)
Temps: between 23 and 27 degrees Celsius
Humidty: 32 - 45 %
Exhaust: CanFan Pro 615mĀ³

Should I let them grow further or just reset and start all over again with new seeds ? Sorry for the weird english and the bad pics, got some technical issues :D

Thanks in advance & have a great day !

Attachments

• IMG_9290.JPG
    IMG_9290.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9299.JPG
    IMG_9299.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9309.JPG
    IMG_9309.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9289.JPG
    IMG_9289.JPG
    651.4 KB · Views: 26
Yep. They look fine for 18 days :pass: :d5: Happy 420!!
Happy 420 šŸ«¶šŸ»! I just think they look kinda small and droopy šŸ˜­. My plan is to let them dry out a little more, feed them the nematodes and then turn on the Autopot system like mid next weekā€¦ hope this will work out. Thanks for responding !

Hi, I also have Sanlights and I think you give them too much light what is not really needed at 18 days from sprout. I turn mine to 40% and start with some hours of 60% at this stage. When the plants start forming buds it is still time enough to increase to 80% power.

Hi, I also have Sanlights and I think you give them too much light what is not really needed at 18 days from sprout. I turn mine to 40% and start with some hours of 60% at this stage. When the plants start forming buds it is still time enough to increase to 80% power.
Hey, thanks for the reply ! How far away do you put them ? I got them about 80cm away on 75% šŸ˜¬ not sure if thatā€™s still too much tbh.

In my view (caution: seemingly not be the most common), too much light for young plants is not a problem (until it shows up, then you just cull the plant).

I don't adjust to low light levels for young plants; that's not how it works in nature with sprouted seeds getting blasted with full sunlight. I'll keep them in the shade under the canopy for a few days, then I (a lazy grower) put them in their final 5-7 gallon pot and they get full light in the tent along with the plants near harvest that these young plants will soon be replacing. If a young plant shows any problems (can be up to 1 in 5), it simply gets culled. I generally plant 2 seeds of the same strain in each pot, and expect to cull some of the stragglers.

Welcome! As other folks have mentioned, your plants look pretty good :cheers:

In terms of your concerns...just keep your environment decent and you're going to have a very full tent soon:
I put the lights about 80 cm above the plants and turned them to 75% but they still look kinda small and droopy or am I just overreacting šŸ˜‚.

Lights: 2x SANlight Evo 4-120 (1.5 Version)
Temps: between 23 and 27 degrees Celsius
Humidty: 32 - 45 %
It looks like your light has PPFD maps here: https://www.sanlight.com/en/news/sanlight-evo-serie-1-5-par-test-ppfd-plots-und-mehr/
and then these should give you some references on generally where to be as things change if it helps:
Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5.jpeg
PPFD DLI Chart.jpg
AF DLI.jpg

Back