Blast from the Past.

It's amazing the size the clumps of oysters get forming from a small hole.
This is they guy who's YouTube I followed to make mine and look at the size of that clump from 1 hole............... Ok maybe 2!

ScreenHunter_311 Dec. 03 16.49.jpg

I had a Lion's Mane LC that was supposedly delivered yesterday? It did not come here? Anyhow getting some BST ready for some injection blocks I am making. Pics soon.

The postman delivered my Lion's Mane to someone other than me! Of course, those honest citizens promptly returned it - NOT.

So I have to wait to get another one :shrug:.

I am going to make a couple of combination grain spawn/fruiting block bags. Like this with bird seed grain and maple wood.

ScreenHunter_312 Jan. 01 13.06.jpg

Ok so the first block I processed in the Pressure Cooker came out fine. You have to PC them at 15psi for 2.5 hours in order to get the middle of the sawdust hot enough. The second one had a blowout. I think what happened was the dense wood was still steaming and creating pressure inside the bag when the pressure in the pot released and the bag just popped with the sudden pressure change. I am going to get some polyfill and make a bigger releif valve and the seal the bag underneath it as soon as I take it out of the PC. I will have pictures when I do it.. I put tape over the hole as soon as I spotted it but it was exposed for a few minutes before I noticed? It is probably contaminated.

_DSC3520.JPG

My regular Poastman got back from vacation yesterday and he tracked down my package - Lion's Mane at a house 3 blocks away. What a super guy he is! :toke:

So I just need to set up my SAB and get these blocks and LC inoculated.:woohoo1:

I got the Lion's Mane LC and blocks inoculated today:

_DSC3525.JPG

_DSC3524.JPG

Sitting around partying with some friends tonight The topic came up and everyone thought we should try some shrooms. It has been maybe 25 years since I have done them. The technology seems more advanced with different strains effecting different experiences.

I did a little research and I think this sounds like a good place to start. Blue Oyster?
Blue oysters are simply for food and have no effects so if looking for something that will give you an experience then I suggest getting so cubes lots of variety but Burma's cambodians golden teachers maz and z strains are all hardy mushrooms that are good for beginners personally my Burma's were the fastest fruiting and very uniform but I don't know weather it's an isolation a clone or multi spore I'm working on isolating some now.

Back