Seed Bank Seedsman first purchase!

Made my first Seedsman purchase recently. Payment options included Zelle and CC, which was convenient for me. Seeds arrived 3 weeks from purchase date, and in original breeder packages. I wasn't quite expecting them yet amid the Covid pandemic, but they arrived timely. Tracking number didn't appear until they arrived in the US, and then they showed up a few days later.

Attachments

• 0731201808b.jpg
    0731201808b.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 67
1. Lousy Bitcoin policy as mentioned here. You should not lose anything if you mess up the first time. I'd imagine this policy helps them make more money and offer less freebies. Total ass move!

2. Loyalty points removed with zero compensation. They say it'll be back but at the meantime, peeps are supposed to just buy without enjoying points that they legitimately earned aka pay more!

3. Prices are high and freebies cannot be chosen.

4. Shipping is slow af. Not cos of courier but late order processing by Seedsman.

Only thing good bout them is the insane choices. If I can help it, I would not order from them. But it's tough as many breeders don't ship international. Dammit.

I can only speak for my own recent experience. You can choose between fem, reg, and auto freebies, but if you want to choose specific freebies then no, you cannot do that. Ship speed is as fast as any herbies order I've made over the years. Processing for me was only one day.

1. Lousy Bitcoin policy as mentioned here. You should not lose anything if you mess up the first time. I'd imagine this policy helps them make more money and offer less freebies. Total ass move!

2. Loyalty points removed with zero compensation. They say it'll be back but at the meantime, peeps are supposed to just buy without enjoying points that they legitimately earned aka pay more!

3. Prices are high and freebies cannot be chosen.

4. Shipping is slow af. Not cos of courier but late order processing by Seedsman.

Only thing good bout them is the insane choices. If I can help it, I would not order from them. But it's tough as many breeders don't ship international. Dammit.
What is lousy about their bitcoin policy? Extra freebies, reduced price. It seems a bit unfair to criticise Seedsman because you didn't get your payment arrangements sorted before making the order.

You can't choose whatever strain freebie you want, but name me one seedbank that allows that. At least you can choose autos if that is your interest, and the strains they offer seem fine to me. The prices seem fine to me as well, they are often notably better than the identical seeds sold by TSNB. On the whole, I find their prices quite decent, and as you point out, their selection, particularly their in-stock selection, is excellent.

I will likely be making an order shortly, with Bitcoin, and I expect given the company's reputation to be treated professionally. I'll report back on the results later.

What is lousy about their bitcoin policy? Extra freebies, reduced price. It seems a bit unfair to criticise Seedsman because you didn't get your payment arrangements sorted before making the order.
What's lousy is you lose your first time freebies if payment don't go through in 20mins, or for whatever reason, even if it's not your fault. Is it really so difficult to base it on first successful order? If it's to reward first timers, it's understandable that they are not very familiar with your system yet? No? No.1 stands imo.

I'm not the first one to post about it on this thread though. Thanks for choosing me to reply to.

You are perhaps right to correct me on their prices. They do sell some breeder lines cheaper than others. International stealth shipping prices though are exorbitant. If anything, it should be cheaper than others due to their sheer volume. If ABC Seedbank buys 100 shirts at 10 bucks each, Seedsman probably buys 10k shirts at 3 bucks each. About the freebies, it is exactly because of their extensive inventory, that I feel choices should be more flexible. No. 3 is arguable. I gave my personal opinion. Sorry it bothered you so much.

Nice to know the loyalty points don't bother ya. Its not my intention to stir up any trouble here. My bad. I shall refrain…

What's lousy is you lose your first time freebies if payment don't go through in 20mins, or for whatever reason, even if it's not your fault. Is it really so difficult to base it on first successful order? If it's to reward first timers, it's understandable that they are not very familiar with your system yet? No? No.1 stands imo.

I'm not the first one to post about it on this thread though. Thanks for choosing me to reply to.

You are perhaps right to correct me on their prices. They do sell some breeder lines cheaper than others. International stealth shipping prices though are exorbitant. If anything, it should be cheaper than others due to their sheer volume. If ABC Seedbank buys 100 shirts at 10 bucks each, Seedsman probably buys 10k shirts at 3 bucks each. About the freebies, it is exactly because of their extensive inventory, that I feel choices should be more flexible. No. 3 is arguable. I gave my personal opinion. Sorry it bothered you so much.

Nice to know the loyalty points don't bother ya. Its not my intention to stir up any trouble here. My bad. I shall refrain…
You are entitled to your opinion.
You did mention some points that annoyed you about Seedsman that are valid arguments.
It seems counter productive for a retailer to promote sales to new customers. Yet penalize them on a first purchase.
I get your point.
Perhaps you should write to them about this approach which can be considered as corrective.
There will be one of two outcomes.
A) They don't give a shit about you as a customer.
B) they will answer back with some interesting answers.

I have had this kind of conversation with a lighting company whose name begins with a RED PLANET.
Their response was typical lack of respect to me as a potential customer.
I see this trend happening as some Chinese companies market share grow.
Perhaps Seedsman are at this point as well?
Let them know ( if you write to them).
You will be reporting back to us on the site.
They may chose their words with a little more caution.:pop:
EDIT:
Just read this off of the Seedsman site.
Cut & paste : We aim to always give you the honest answer, even when it might not be what you want to hear.

Last edited:
You are entitled to your opinion.
You did mention some points that annoyed you about Seedsman that are valid arguments.
It seems counter productive for a retailer to promote sales to new customers. Yet penalize them on a first purchase.
I get your point.
Perhaps you should write to them about this approach which can be considered as corrective.
There will be one of two outcomes.
A) They don't give a shit about you as a customer.
B) they will answer back with some interesting answers.

I have had this kind of conversation with a lighting company whose name begins with a RED PLANET.
Their response was typical lack of respect to me as a potential customer.
I see this trend happening as some Chinese companies market share grow.
Perhaps Seedsman are at this point as well?
Let them know ( if you write to them).
You will be reporting back to us on the site.
They may chose their words with a little more caution.:pop:
EDIT:
Just read this off of the Seedsman site.
Cut & paste : We aim to always give you the honest answer, even when it might not be what you want to hear.
Thank you. Thats good advice. In my case, I'd prefer to not be the one to do that. Security concerns. Nuff said, right? Lol

Like you said, it was only my opinion. Thats what the like button is for. I click on it if i like the post and ignore if i don't. Really didn't expect to get anyone upset. I don't even know ppl read what i post lol.

Is the Red Planet a Chinese company? How are their customer service related to the market share of others? I may have read it wrong but don't quite get that part. Sorry..

I agree on the losing freebies, happened to me because I’d never set up bitcoin or a wallet and took too long. That’s been my only issue personally.

Well, as I mentioned earlier that I would, I have completed a Seedsman order. I used Bitcoin to pay, so I will be getting 4 extra seeds (sadly, no idea what), as well as a bunch of other freebies, all autos, all strains I am actually interested in.

The Bitcoin process worked fine once I got things sorted, and the 15% credit covered most of the shipping and insurance costs for my order. A couple notes might help others though...

As the Seedsman payment process points out, you do not want to try to pay for your seeds from an online exchange wallet. It seems that most of them are too slow to get the the Bitcoin to Seedsman within the allotted 4 hour (I think) payment window. For example, my Bitbuy account took well over 6 hours to get Bitcoin to my software wallet. Anyway, I took Seedsman's advice and set up the Electrum software wallet on my laptop, and once it had Bitcoin in it, it got the payment done perfectly. Electrum is apparently also available in app form, but I didn't check it out.

The Seedsman order process itself was quick, clear, and intuitive. I actually cancelled the purchase twice while figuring things out, and that still did not cause any issues. Both times, my shopping cart was still loaded and ready to try again. The cancellations were because I wanted to check out the business of not using an online wallet to pay with. I was not sure I wanted yet another step involved. Anyway, I am glad I did what Seedsman recommended. The Electrum wallet is super simple and effective, and completed payment far faster than Bitbuy executed a transfer. I will note that I have no interest in Bitcoin investment - the Electrum tool is perfect for small purchase purposes, but holding large amounts of Bitcoin would best be done in a good hardware wallet.

Bottom line is that so far, the Seedsman order process worked a treat for me, with excellent communication from Seedsman. Bitbuy was an excellent way of getting Bitcoin for a good market price, and Electrum perfect for completing a purchase quickly when payment deadlines apply.

I will report later about shipping results, and later again about grow results.

By the way, Seedsman has some nice promotions on at the moment, so if you are in the market, you might want to have a look. The 5+5 specials apply to some great breeders, and a nice selection of strains. Happy growing all. :biggrin:

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week, and hopefully will have a good rest of the week. So! I have not purchased seeds in 5 years and it seems its harder to purchase seeds than it was in the past, Mainly talking about method of payment. I used to always go to Herbies/herbies autoflower website(no longer exists), and Ali bongo. Ali bongo no longer has seeds, and herbies CC processor wouldn't process my CC for some reason. They have a different processor now and it wont work for me at all. So herbies was out of the question for me. I did some research and landed on seedsman after a few days of looking at what my realistic options were. I finally decided on what I wanted and it came to a little over 50 bucks USD. The order was processed quickly and sent to dispatch within a day. Then about 12 days or so later I finally get the tracking number, which was a little depressing waiting for a tracking for so long haha. It finally came to my doorstep around 2 weeks after my initial order.

So over all it was a smooth experience and everything came in as expected. They gave me 3 free feminized seeds which was really nice. I am located in California in case that makes a difference at all.

Side note: The website functions slowly for me.

Cheers guys! :smokeout: :cheers::smoking:

this website is really slow to load for me as well,and I have pretty fast internet,I’ve used growers choice seeds seem to be pretty good and quick shipping their in Sacramento

Back