Jean-O's 6 USA tester positions available for Photoperiod testing on new F1 strains Brain Damage and Devils Lettuce

@Jean-O I am looking to try my hand at making a clone, never done it before. Would you prefer I topped her and use the top for a clone or should I remove both of node 1’s branches and make 2 clones? Which would be preferable for the purposes of testing or even clone success. Thanks much and if it’s preferable to not do any cloning that’s cool too :pass:

@Jean-O I am looking to try my hand at making a clone, never done it before. Would you prefer I topped her and use the top for a clone or should I remove both of node 1’s branches and make 2 clones? Which would be preferable for the purposes of testing or even clone success. Thanks much and if it’s preferable to not do any cloning that’s cool too :pass:
The top will give you better odds for success it will have the most hormones for rooting. That said I've cloned a lot of different ways all are fairly successful. Last time I used my pocket knife and shoved the branch into some wet grow medium. No rooting solution and it worked quite well lol. I have used several rooting gells all worked pretty good but aloe works really good if u have a plant around you can tear a chunk off n it works every bit as good. Good luck!

In the 80's we made our own root gel from aloe and cinnamon.
That's how i learned to take cuttings in the 90s. Nothing fancy just simple, cheap, n works good. Put it right in the solo cup with a clear cup as a cap.

That's how i learned to take cuttings in the 90s. Nothing fancy just simple, cheap, n works good. Put it right in the solo cup with a clear cup as a cap.
Might try that this round i usually get 2 styrofoam cups one with a hole just enough for the stem and the second cup with water so cup with the hole floats. Only part of the clone to be is in the water. Oh and also I stab a open aloe Vera so it can get some of the good stuff

:warrior: Day 23
A368FD85-E913-499F-9687-8F438A33A5DC.jpeg
234BC6E7-6157-4272-A390-0A1EA7A9396F.jpeg
2C0AFDD8-ECDB-48F8-AE46-826696442756.jpeg

the cutting just barely squeezes into my humidity dome setup. Cut off the two large fans to fit her, hope that wasn’t a mistake.:paleo:

Germination devils lettuce
What up y’all I know I’m a little late to the party but here we are now with 2 healthy seedlings in fresh CoM stonington blend soil.
Day 1 of life for both Devils lettuce
Any question or whatever I’m here for it y’all :pass::headbang::woohoo1::worship::vibes:
A0BEFAD0-C44E-4E1F-A4DC-CA8CA4A1DE2C.jpeg
B385E316-C3FD-4E48-97EA-3770E4DC153A.jpeg

I put the full updates in my 2 threads but a quick overall pic for ya. All 4 seeds germinated within 12 hours of each other. Full 4x4 tent all to themselves. 4 x 1.5 gallon Airpots loaded with coco and being fed Jacks 321 program. I haven't hooked the hoses to the halos as I wasn't certain of placement just yet. Should be getting run in the next couple days. I hand water everything and find the halos make it a lot easier to reach the ones in the back evenly once things get going.

2 Brain Damage on the Left side and 2 Devils Lettuce on the right:

P1040964.JPG

Devils Lettuce day 4, moving a little slow still no heat in the house and I'm getting a furnace repair guy in today as I've burnt off my beard and arm hairs trying to figure out what's going on. I think I have a safety valve that's not working properly! Wowza can that furnace shoot out a fire ball lol.
20221009_151141.jpg

Back