I can totally sympathise with you!.. On two points.

We had some same problems when we first came to our Mephisto house, we had to wait for lights off to boil, cook, do anything more than charge a phone.

But some electrical re-jiggering fixed that.

Point 2 growing indoors in Spain during summer...
We've adjusted everything down to 400w, running 24/7, a dark period somewhere would definitely help! But we're late in flower on a lot of things and humidity is 40% or a little below which is preferential at this stage of the grow(s)

We're at about 33 degrees c during the day, hotter than I'd like but providing plants get watered adequately, they're taking it on the chin.

Our vertical reflectors definitely help spread the heat, in England they were about £50 a pop, here something similar is around €90 euros.

Keep up the good work anyway!

I can totally sympathise with you!.. On two points.

We had some same problems when we first came to our Mephisto house, we had to wait for lights off to boil, cook, do anything more than charge a phone.

But some electrical re-jiggering fixed that.

Point 2 growing indoors in Spain during summer...
We've adjusted everything down to 400w, running 24/7, a dark period somewhere would definitely help! But we're late in flower on a lot of things and humidity is 40% or a little below which is preferential at this stage of the grow(s)

We're at about 33 degrees c during the day, hotter than I'd like but providing plants get watered adequately, they're taking it on the chin.

Our vertical reflectors definitely help spread the heat, in England they were about £50 a pop, here something similar is around €90 euros.

Keep up the good work anyway!

He he he - welcome to Spain, eh?

I was wondering about dropping down to 4 x 400W.
Good to know its viable.
I'd be happier with 4 groups of 4 plants, each with its own light, which 4 x 400W would allow me to do.
Will definitely look at this again.

Lights off, temps are down to about 25°C/26°C but humidity shoots up to about 55/60 RH%.
It's OK during this early growth period, but won't be good during flowering!

To be honest, I think I'm stressing about it more than the girls are.
They're looking good, responding to their feeds nicely, and the roots look strong and healthy and WHITE.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

He he he - welcome to Spain, eh?

I was wondering about dropping down to 4 x 400W.
Good to know its viable.
I'd be happier with 4 groups of 4 plants, each with its own light, which 4 x 400W would allow me to do.
Will definitely look at this again.

Lights off, temps are down to about 25°C/26°C but humidity shoots up to about 55/60 RH%.
It's OK during this early growth period, but won't be good during flowering!

To be honest, I think I'm stressing about it more than the girls are.
They're looking good, responding to their feeds nicely, and the roots look strong and healthy and WHITE.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

At 9 plants per light on 24 hours of 400w, we're still getting very nice flowers.. Sure there will be a loss in comparison to being at 600, but still a good outcome nevertheless :D

UPDATE: Day 15 ... (for some, but not all)

LIGHTING: ... 3 X 600W
SCHEDULE: ... 18/6
TEMPERATURE: ... ~ 28°C [+/-3°C]
HUMIDITY: ... ~ 45 RH% [+/-5 RH%]
POT/MEDIUM: ... 30 litre pots with New Mix 2.0 Cannabiogen soil

NUTRIENTS:
House & Garden Roots Excelurator @ 0.3 ml/l
Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Grow A+B @ 2.0 ml/l
Advanced Nutrients B52 @ 1.0 ml/l
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice @ 1.0 ml/l​
WATER pH: ... 6.6
WATER EC: ... 1.5
QUANTITY: ... 1.5 litres

COMMENTS:

Another busy day in the tent.
But, the longer hours put in now, will have their rewards at the end.

The girls who were developed enough, had their first BDSM session today.
It's a method I tried in Grow No.1, that I did NOT try in Grow No.2, and the difference in yield and quality was noticeable.

Grow No.2 WITHOUT the LST had lower yield and also more fluffy popcorn.
Opening the girls out, allowing more light through the structure, and also promoting multiple tops served me well in Grow No.1 ... I'm hoping it serves me and the girls well again.

This is my virgin Mephisto grow, but even at this early stage, I have to say, I am impressed with the structure and uniformity of the HubbaBubbaSmelloScope Auto girls. Sure - two got a head start on the other two - that's neither here nor there. I'm referring specifically to the shape of each plant, and how uniform that structure is across all 4 plants.

Gives you confidence in the genetics when you see multiple seeds resulting in identical plant shape and growth.

PtQQter.jpg

Temps and humidity have stabilised with the cutting back to 3 x 600W HPS lights.
Hopefully the BDSM will make up for the loss of lumens.

4 x HubbaBubbaSmelloScope Auto

NO LST
TU7sRud.jpg

BEFORE
O6Y61bE.jpg

AFTER
h0Hj9gH.jpg

BEFORE
aTawSP7.jpg

AFTER
2F3D17u.jpg

BEFORE
iNTFFxZ.jpg

AFTER
9mQOLBh.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE: Day 15 ... (for some, but not all)

NUTRIENTS:
WATER pH: ... 6.6
QUANTITY: ... 1.5 litres

COMMENTS:

Another busy day in the tent.
But, the longer hours put in now, will have their rewards at the end.

The girls who were developed enough, had their first BDSM session today.
It's a method I tried in Grow No.1, that I did NOT try in Grow No.2, and the difference in yield and quality was noticeable.

Grow No.2 WITHOUT the LST had lower yield and also more fluffy popcorn.
Opening the girls out, allowing more light through the structure, and also promoting multiple tops served me well in Grow No.1 ... I'm hoping it serves me and the girls well again.

This is my virgin Mephisto grow, but even at this early stage, I have to say, I am impressed with the structure and uniformity of the HubbaBubbaSmelloScope Auto girls. Sure - two got a head start on the other two - that's neither here nor there. I'm referring specifically to the shape of each plant, and how uniform that structure is across all 4 plants.

Gives you confidence in the genetics when you see multiple seeds resulting in identical plant shape and growth.

PtQQter.jpg

Temps and humidity have stabilised with the cutting back to 3 x 600W HPS lights.
Hopefully the BDSM will make up for the loss of lumens.

NO LST
TU7sRud.jpg

BEFORE
O6Y61bE.jpg

AFTER
h0Hj9gH.jpg

BEFORE
aTawSP7.jpg

AFTER
2F3D17u.jpg

BEFORE
iNTFFxZ.jpg

AFTER
9mQOLBh.jpg

Hey don't count the late starters out they are catchin up

Hey don't count the late starters out they are catchin up

They sure are!

I just had a looksy through the tent's sneaky peek window to make sure they hadn't rebelled against the BDSM.
Well, rather than anarchy, the little girls have given me the one finger salute, and I'm struggling to see any of my LST.
They have bounced back in just 1.5 hours from the lights going back on.

It's ridiculous.
It's like I hadn't done anything.
There they are, saluting to the sun gods above them, LOVING their food, and screaming our for more punishment.

Little strumpets look like they're the type of girls you don't take home to meet Mother.

UPDATE: Day 16 ... (for some, but not all)

NUTRIENTS:
WATER pH: ... 6.5
QUANTITY: ... NIL BY MOUTH

COMMENTS:

No feeding today.
No touching.
No playing.

I'm going to let them be so they can optimise yesterday's feeding and BDSM.
All I can say is all is well in paradise and it looks like they're thriving in the conditions.

The HubbaBubbaSmelloScope Auto girls pretty much laughed in my face at my futile attempts to tie them up in their virgin BDSM session.
Looking at them today, it's as if it never happened.
They have REALLY taken to it.

I'll leave it another day or so, and they'll receive a second torture session with their next feeding - maybe a little tightening of existing restraints and/or the addition of new tie downs ... we'll see where the in-session mood takes us both.

By that time the one who escaped her first taste of LST should be ready.

1MwTPLs.jpg

znbM4an.jpg

Ohe21Yn.jpg

WQK9mRc.jpg

Just something I've noticed, which others might find useful ...

The tap water here is hard.
EC runs at about 0.5 to 0.6.
pH can be anywhere from 7.6 to 8.2.

I have been using the Advanced Nutrient 'pH perfect' range - both Sensi and Connoisseur - but when testing the feed prior to application, found the pH was still 'too high'. I was trying to get it to pH 6.3, because I thought that was the thing to do to get it into the sweet spot. And so I would use a pH down to get it to where the 'pH perfect' range couldn't, due to the tap water [poor] quality.

So I would prepare the pH perfect feedings, and then add pH down to religiously hit 6.3 for every feeding.
I was anal about it.
All the books said 6.3 was the sweet spot, so that is exactly what I was going to give them.

In my Grow No.2 I had some major pH issues early on.
The leaves were delaminating, and it generally did not look good.
It was a real head fuck, because I knew the feed and soil was where it should have been.

THEN I read about the 'buffers' in AN's pH perfect range, and a bit on how buffers work, and the fact that they're still active after the application, in the soil.

So this grow, I have stopped using any pH down product, and just left the pH perfect to do its thing.
Feeds have been pH 6.5 and even 6.6, which is higher than I would have normally given, BUT, here's the thing ... I'm not having the same pH issues I have had in the past when using a pH down product.

I don't know the exact science behind it, and my conclusion is somewhat anecdotal and unproven - but it seems the pH issues in Grow 2 were from the pH down product itself, in isolation. Almost like everything else I was adding didn't exist, an the only product the plants were reacting to was the pH down, which of course, is a strong acid. Hence, pH issues. Just letting the soil, the AN pH perfect range and the included buffers is all that is needed.

I know this might be a "no shit Sherlock" thing for most growers, but maybe there are other 'unconscious incompetents' like me, who might find this epiphany useful.

Back