Hey @Yozhik can you do me a favor and take a picture of your extraction fan? Like how it is set up, I think we miiiight be able to eliminate that hotspot for you but I need to see the setup a little better lol

Extraction fan itself is external.
Same setup as I've done in the previous grows.

HaytcQe.jpg

In the pic you can see the extractor fan outside the tent.
The exhaust is top/back in the tent, which you can also see in the pic.
Passive intake is bottom front. [not visible]

Bingo, that is what I was hoping for. Ok so even though you don't have air cooled hoods you can still kind of do the same thing. If you take some ducting and continue it into your tent and run it to where it is right above your lights, this will suck the air from around the lights thus eliminating the hotspot. Now if you don't want it to look wonky you can run the ducting up the side of the tent then hang it above the lights. Either way it will get rid of the hotspot I think
Extraction fan itself is external.
Same setup as I've done in the previous grows.

HaytcQe.jpg

In the pic you can see the extractor fan outside the tent.
The exhaust is top/back in the tent, which you can also see in the pic.
Passive intake is bottom front. [not visible]

Bingo, that is what I was hoping for. Ok so even though you don't have air cooled hoods you can still kind of do the same thing. If you take some ducting and continue it into your tent and run it to where it is right above your lights, this will suck the air from around the lights thus eliminating the hotspot. Now if you don't want it to look wonky you can run the ducting up the side of the tent then hang it above the lights. Either way it will get rid of the hotspot I think

So basically, a pseudo-extracted hood.
I get it.

What I will try first is getting the air-con external to the tent, and the passive intake sucking in the air-con cooled air.
I think if I can get the extractor fan drawing directly from the air-con, all the problems will disappear, AS LONG as I can find a way to get the air-con exhaust OUT of the basement space.

Problem being, it's a basement.
No windows.
Needing an exhaust out means drilling a hole in a door or an external wall.

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

So basically, a pseudo-extracted hood.
I get it.

What I will try first is getting the air-con external to the tent, and the passive intake sucking in the air-con cooled air.
I think if I can get the extractor fan drawing directly from the air-con, all the problems will disappear, AS LONG as I can find a way to get the air-con exhaust OUT of the basement space.

Problem being, it's a basement.
No windows.
Needing an exhaust out means drilling a hole in a door or an external wall.

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

Ahhh got it, yeah I found a long time ago that I just drill holes in walls and fill them in later when I am done with the grow. But I totally see what you are sayin, what are the ambient temps in the basement? Also where are you exhausting the ac?

Ahhh got it, yeah I found a long time ago that I just drill holes in walls and fill them in later when I am done with the grow. But I totally see what you are sayin, what are the ambient temps in the basement? Also where are you exhausting the ac?

There's the problem.
The air-con is currently being exhausted in to the basement space, so the ambient temps in the basement are rising.

BEFORE the air-con was added, the ambient temps of the basement were around 26.
Now ambient temps of the basement are around 30.

This is why I've had to turn the extractor off, because the passive intake would have been of warmer air than existed in the tent.

So right now, the tent is COOLER than the basement.
Crazy.

Back