Dutch Passion Yozhik grows Dutch Passion's CBD Auto Compassion Lime®

So yoz which lights do you think are doing a better job, looks like the cmh girls are loving there lights

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

So yoz which lights do you think are doing a better job, looks like the cmh girls are loving there lights

Good question.

The CMH girls are definitely taller.
No question.
No exceptions.

The structure is also more open.

BUT ... and here's where it gets interesting ... the COB girls are as dense as fuck.

The growth is THICK.
Need a weed whacker to get through the undergrowth. Actually makes ScrOG a master class in jungle clearing and deforestation.

The maturity of the budsites seems more advanced on the CMH, but given the volume of tight nodes and undergrowth, I wouldn't be surprised if the COB girls develop MORE budsites, but slower.

Really, really interesting little A/B comparison!

Too tough to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question.

The CMH girls are definitely taller.
No question.
No exceptions.

The structure is also more open.

BUT ... and here's where it gets interesting ... the COB girls are as dense as fuck.

The growth is THICK.
Need a weed whacker to get through the undergrowth. Actually makes ScrOG a master class in jungle clearing and deforestation.

The maturity of the budsites seems more advanced on the CMH, but given the volume of tight nodes and undergrowth, I wouldn't be surprised if the COB girls develop MORE budsites, but slower.

Really, really interesting little A/B comparison!

Too tough to call.

I agree with dense girls from cobs yoz,since i started using my 200w diy cob light my girls have been so dense and have taken longer to start flowering, usually 30+ days and i think thats why i am averaging 8oz a plant because they veg longer and have so many side branches its unreal,i used to grow 2 girls in my 2x4 but have had to cull a couple to let one girl grow to her full potential

I agree with dense girls from cobs yoz,since i started using my 200w diy cob light my girls have been so dense and have taken longer to start flowering, usually 30+ days and i think thats why i am averaging 8oz a plant because they veg longer and have so many side branches its unreal,i used to grow 2 girls in my 2x4 but have had to cull a couple to let one girl grow to her full potential

Yeah - I can believe that.
Most times with autos, I've seen preflowering and pistils developing as early as 18 days, but typically around 21 days.

Today is Day 32, and I'm only just seeing that development now.
I like it.

More veg time = more plant.

Not sure how there could be too much light.
It's a 3m x 2m tent with just 1200w of light :)

3 x 200w COB strips, plus 2 x 315w CMH.

That was what I try to say, you will get very dense plants if the COB's are too close. I have 11 COB's, OK with another chip cree 3590, and unless I keep them high, they get dense and bushy, and mold problem, much defoliatingvto open them and I think lower yield.
The 2 think big were stretched during veg ,next to them another 5 that not is half the size and bushy and will yield a lot less I think
CameraZOOM-) 281120171001.jpg

This pic show what they look like at preflower
20171003_190007.jpg

I start like this with the lights high
CameraZOOM-) 051220171012.jpg
CameraZOOM-) 051220171011.jpg

Those are ak420 day 24, micro kush and acapulco sunrise

Just a heads up

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-) 011220170859.jpg
    CameraZOOM-) 011220170859.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 96
you will get very dense plants if the COB's are too close. I have 11 COB's, OK with another chip cree 3590, and unless I keep them high, they get dense and bushy, and mold problem, much defoliatingvto open them

Just a heads up

Excellent info.
Good to know.

You say you wish you'd run the autopots - are you considering some sort of drip system? I've never actually grown cannabis, but I've used drip systems pretty successfully for peppers in pots outdoors before. My mom uses blumats with water bottles for some of the smaller indoor plants and they're great too.

I'm looking at something very like this grow - minimal nute schedule in coco - and while I'm leaning towards the autpots, I can't think of a theoretical reason you wouldn't get similar results out of a blumat system, especially in little pots like those which dry out pretty quick.

You say you wish you'd run the autopots - are you considering some sort of drip system? I've never actually grown cannabis, but I've used drip systems pretty successfully for peppers in pots outdoors before. My mom uses blumats with water bottles for some of the smaller indoor plants and they're great too.

I'm looking at something very like this grow - minimal nute schedule in coco - and while I'm leaning towards the autpots, I can't think of a theoretical reason you wouldn't get similar results out of a blumat system, especially in little pots like those which dry out pretty quick.

Yeah - I've got a few ideas running around in my head for an easier watering system, albeit temporary.
Anything to make life easier!

Hand watering is a pain in the arse at the best of times.
But hand watering UNDER a ScrOG screen takes it to a whole new level.

Back