Dutch Passion Yozhik grows Dutch Passion's CBD Auto Compassion Lime®

OK dude, this reserves a MASSIVE rep slap :slap:.

First of all, for a very studious and detailed journal and second for the GREAT harvest results :worship:. Really like what you did with the ScrOG.
I've seen in your past grows that you're a reformed MH/HPS grower. You really prefer CMH's now that much to HPS?

And if it's not a bother, how does she smoke like? Been thinking about growing a CBD auto, so I'm really interested what the high is like.

And before I forget, another question, what camera do you use? Your photos are amazing :thumbsup:.

And before I forget, another question, what camera do you use? Your photos are amazing :thumbsup:.

Thanks @Ryker604 !!

Yes.
I really do love the CMH that much over HPS.
It's a no brainer for me.

That entire tent harvest was grown with just 1200W.
Previously I've been using 2400W of HPS.
That's half the power consumption.
Then on top there's the added benefit of temperature management.
Yield was hitting the 2g/W.
Never come close to that with HPS.

Plus the light colour is so much more pleasant than that horrible orangey glow of the HPS. The CMH is a white light. It's about 97% daylight.

I genuinely can't think of a single advantage that HPS has over CMH.

Camera?
It's an old little digital cam.
Cheap.
Old.
Outdated.
An Olympus VG-120 if you want to know specifically. Just a point and shoot handy little camera, at least 6 years old, probably popular in its day for taking holiday snaps.

I personally don't smoke the CBD buds.
I'm strictly an oil and extract kinda guy, as a topical balm and/or coconut capsule consumer.

However, smoke reports I have had back from those that have blazed a few are it's different to the typical high THC recreational experience - obviously - BUT in a good way. Still a pleasant effect, but with total lucidity.

Other interesting comment was it's the perfect type of strain to enjoy "uncut", with there no longer being a need to roll a tobacco laden spliff.

Horses for courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Ryker604 !!

Yes.
I really do love the CMH that much over HPS.
It's a no brainer for me.

That entire tent harvest was grown with just 1200W.
Previously I've been using 2400W of HPS.
That's half the power consumption.
Then on top there's the added benefit of temperature management.
Yield was hitting the 2g/W.
Never come close to that with HPS.

Plus the light colour is so much more pleasant than that horrible orangey glow of the HPS. The CMH is a white light. It's about 97% daylight.

I genuinely can't think of a single advantage that HPS has over CMH.

Camera?
It's an old little digital cam.
Cheap.
Old.
Outdated.
An Olympus VG-120 if you want to know specifically. Just a point and shoot handy little camera, at least 6 years old, probably popular in its day for taking holiday snaps.

I personally don't smoke the CBD buds.
I'm strictly an oil and extract kinda guy, as a topical balm and/or coconut capsule consumer.

However, smoke reports I have had back from those that have blazed a few are it's different to the typical high THC recreational experience - obviously - BUT in a good way. Still a pleasant effect, but with total lucidity.

Other interesting comment was it's the perfect type of strain to enjoy "uncut", with there no longer being a need to roll a tobacco laden spliff.

Horses for courses.

Haha, thank you for the quick reply :smoking:. Was just reading through your journal again and saw this:

Just a random comment ...

I am ultra impressed with both the COB lights and the CMH lights in terms of power usage, and greenage.

Previous grows have been under 2400W of HPS.
This grow is under lights totalling HALF of that, with only 620W of COBs and 630W of CMH.
The photos tell the story - the tent is lush and green, with a plentiful supply of budsites.

Comparable growth [at least], with half the power consumption?
Where do I sign?

I'm in the same boat, 2400W of HPS hoping to catch 1 GPW and looking for the best option to upgrade my lighting. What's your final verdict on the K of the bulb? Do a combination of 4000K in veg and then 3200 in flower? Or is 3200K enough from seed to harvest? I'm currently doing MH veg and HPS flower :2cents:.

Haha, thank you for the quick reply :smoking:. Was just reading through your journal again and saw this:

I'm in the same boat, 2400W of HPS hoping to catch 1 GPW and looking for the best option to upgrade my lighting. What's your final verdict on the K of the bulb? Do a combination of 4000K in veg and then 3200 in flower? Or is 3200K enough from seed to harvest? I'm currently doing MH veg and HPS flower :2cents:.

I am a HUGE fanboy of running two bulbs.

The Veg bulb @4200K is awesome.
But as stated in the journal, don't swap the bulb too soon. Wait. Patience IS rewarded.

Run the 4200K through veg, AND PREFLOWER.

Don't see the first signs of girly bits in preflower as a signal to switch to the Bloom bulb @3100K

I did a quick A/B comparison.
One ScrOG held on to the 4200K during preflower, the other switched to the Bloom bulb immediately.
The ScrOG that had 10 extra days with the 4200K was measurably superior.

It's detailed in the journal.

Of course you can use the one-size-fits-all bulb from seed to harvest. My experience is the 2 bulb option DOES make a difference.

Is it worth the extra investment?
I say it EASILY pays for itself, many, many times over.

Back