Dutch Passion Yozhik grows Dutch Passion's CBD Auto Compassion Lime®

Yozhik

INTJ & Non-Violent Domestic Extremist
Reaction score
While I'm waiting for the BIG changes to happen, I'm going to keep my hand in by cranking up the tent, and doing a few "firsts" as a trial run.

The tent will be my usual Green Qube 3m x 2m x 2.2m.

Strain will be Dutch Passion's CBD Auto Compassion Lime®

Other factors;
  • ScrOG [DIY]
ScrOG_Screen.jpeg

• 17 litre pots
  • BioBizz Coco
  • Ugro Jiffy plugs
Ugro_Plug.jpg

• Speedgrow® Green cubes
Speedgrow_Cube.jpg

• Cree CBX3590 COBs
COB_Light.png

14 x CBD Auto Compassion Lime seeds have been placed into water, and will soak for 36-48 hours.

Speedgrow® Green cubes [rockwool] have been placed into a bucket of water pH'd to 5.5, and left to soak for 24 hours.

Last edited:
And I'm in, can't wait to see how the scrog works, been thinking of trying one myself. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

My first attempt at ScrOG.
Good a time as any to try.

There's only so much research and reading you can do.
It's time to put the Big Boy pants on, and just "do the do".

DAY 0

Propogator_Close.jpg

Speedgrow Green [rockwool] had been soaked in 5.5 pH water for 24 hours.
CBD Auto Compassion Lime seeds had been in water for 36+ hours and most were showing baby tap root.

Ugro plugs placed into Speedgrow hole and hydrated with Azos infused water [pH 5.6]

Seeds showing baby tap roots [11] were placed into hydrated coco plug.
Seeds NOT showing any signs of tap root [3] were give a second chance using the time proven "damp paper towel in ziplock bag" method.

The 11 seeds in coco were placed into the propagator and positioned in the small tent, under a single 4 x Cree CBX 3590 COB strip.
Single COB strip placed high so as not to burn the wannabe babies.

Propogator_Far.jpg

COMMENTS

In theory, the Ugro plugs were the perfect size for the central hole in the Speedgrow Green.
In the real world, it was somewhat of a failure.

The hole was 38mm diameter, as were the Ugro "Jiffy" plugs.
In my mind, hydrating in a hole the same diameter would force the Ugro plug to hydrate upwards, and would fill the entire central hole, providing a snug, air pocket free environment.
In the real world, the hydration of the plug caused a "blockage", and the base of the plug did not hydrate, meaning the hole was half filled at best, the whole plug did not hydrate, and because the base was "fused", the expansion was concentrated in the central point of the cube, meaning many of them split.

Lessons:
1. Use smaller diameter "Jiffy" plug, and/or
2. Use a zip tie [or similar] to keep the integrity of the Speedgrow Green cube.

Now the waiting game.

Current environment under The Dome; temperature is about 23 degrees, and RH% is about 90.
I'm hoping 1 x COB strip is enough to persuade the 11 wannabe seedlings to raise up, above ground.

There are 3 seeds still in the emergency paper towel.
Hopefully that will coax their tap roots to show themselves.

Back