Yozhik

INTJ & Non-Violent Domestic Extremist
Reaction score
Into the Valley of Dutch Passion we rode ...

Nothing to report yet - 12 x Think Different seeds have been soaked, and are being subjected to the standard paper towel method.
i.e. Wet paper towel, inside zip locked bag to keep humidity high, placed into temperate closet and left to develop a 'tail'.

Will be placed into 30 litre pots filled with BioBizz Light Mix, and fed numerous Advanced Nutrients goodies.
Standard fare.

Should be in the tent within 48 hours.

So you decided to try some Dutch treats...... There's that for thinking different......well, bring it on
sko037.gif

Personally, I got so confused by thinking different I plonked 4 x Think Big in a one and only Aquafarm, for good measure 3 Amnesia Haze found a perch in the north-east corner to complete the aquascape.....

Say, how are you doing in the illumination department these days...... Any GroGlo photons zipping about..... I gave up eventually.....
090104~2.GIF

So you decided to try some Dutch treats...... There's that for thinking different......well, bring it onView attachment 675596

Personally, I got so confused by thinking different I plonked 4 x Think Big in a one and only Aquafarm, for good measure 3 Amnesia Haze found a perch in the north-east corner to complete the aquascape.....

Yeah - it seemed rude not to.

To be honest, also a good yardstick for evaluating my setup.

Think Different has become such a standard, it can give me a relative measure of efficiencies, etc.

Say, how are you doing in the illumination department these days...... Any GroGlo photons zipping about..... I gave up eventually..... View attachment 675597

The less said the better [emoji850]

No photons.
No €€€.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and so it begins...

12 cute little Think Different tails in the paper towel this morning, so into the BioBizz Light Mix seedling pots they go.

12xTD.JPG

Soil watered/prepped to run-off with quarter strength Canna Rhizotonic @ 1ml/litre and half strength House & Garden Root Excelurator @ 0.15ml/l.

Yes - that is sunlight you can see on the tray, so I thought I'd spoil the wannabe seedlings by giving them a few hours under the big HPS in the Sky, on a picture postcard winter day for their first few hours out of the paper towel, before being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the false environment inside.

Now, we wait.

Last edited:
The 12 x Think Different were moved inside, and are sitting under a single 600W HPS.
It's about 18" above the soil.
Temperature under the light settled at about 28°C.
Waiting for the little girls to emerge from the underworld ...

Counting today as Day 1.

All the girls have poked through, but there are a couple I don't think are viable, so have thrown a couple more seeds into water and will prepare them as willing and able replacements.

First experience with Think Different and the first impression is that the seed casing/shell/husk is made of titanium!
Geez - the cotyledons sure have a tough time throwing them off.

Next couple of days should be interesting.
I'll have a chance to see just how tough these young girls are.
I suspect 10 will make it to the end of Week 1.
Not too bad.

With 2 more in the water, ready for their paper towel spa wrap, we'll be back up to 12 in no time.

PC240253.JPG
PC240252.JPG
PC240251.JPG
PC240250.JPG
PC240249.JPG
PC240248.JPG
PC240247.JPG
PC240245.JPG
PC240244.JPG
PC240243.JPG

Oh my... 12 not less, and @Corgy dares to call mine the battle of guadalcanal :shooty:
How many space will they have dude? And how many bulbs??

Bests of luck mate!! Look's like it's gonna be good and fun to watch :cheers:

Tent is 300 x 200 so 12 Think Different ladies should test its capacity.

Will probably end up running 4 x 600W HPS.

Oh my... 12 not less, and @Corgy dares to call mine the battle of guadalcanal :shooty:

My apologies, but you just didn't make it to the Battle of Stalingrad league.....no doubt Mr. Yozhik consulted his "WW2 for Dummies" before thinking different and setting off for the battlefield.... Lol

There was this other grow awhile ago... 96 TD's or some such.... With 15 - 20 plants being culled prematurely although they were well past their juvenile tantrums, even involved a light mover and a spiral labyrinthine trail through the wilderness, alas..... Friendly fire.....

Can't wait to see how Commander Yozhik will tactically deal with this possible strategic wilderness..... I would be surprised if less than 2 kgs of loot isn't stuffed away after the sack......

My apologies, but you just didn't make it to the Battle of Stalingrad league.....no doubt Mr. Yozhik consulted his "WW2 for Dummies" before thinking different and setting off for the battlefield.... Lol

There was this other grow awhile ago... 96 TD's or some such.... With 15 - 20 plants being culled prematurely although they were well past their juvenile tantrums, even involved a light mover and a spiral labyrinthine trail through the wilderness, alas..... Friendly fire.....

Can't wait to see how Commander Yozhik will tactically deal with this possible strategic wilderness..... I would be surprised if less than 2 kgs of loot isn't stuffef away after the sack......

2 kgs???
Noooooooooooo ...

That's crazy talk.
2 kgs?

Ppppfffffttttt.

I'm thinking around 1.7 should do it.

[emoji12]

Back