Lighting Terra's DP Blueberry + Think Different grow under GN HS1's

Curiosity, it's on my bucket list to buy a decent SLR, sorry DSLR again! I used to have a lot of equipment (Olympus) back in the 80's and I'm getting fed up with my point and squirt Panasonic.

:peace:

MikeyB

Aha, that explains it. I was given a Canon EOS 450D DSLR as a wedding gift by a group of friends and I reallly like it. I still want to take a beginner course in photography some time, so I can learn to use all of its functions. And I want to buy a cheap light ring to experiment with.

In the mean time I generally always use my Samung phone to take pictures. It does the job OK.

Hi folks, I treated myself to a Mars Hydro Reflector 96x5W LED light (thanks Tina) :biggrin: I've promptly rearranged my tent so that the 2 Blueberry's are under the Mars light, the Think Different is under a HS1 light with a 60°x60° diffuser, and the youngsters (3 Dacquiri Lime and 3 Auto White) are under a HS1 light with an 80°x80° diffuser. I've removed my T5 light. The flowering plants are now at day 70. And now
the most important; photographs :biggrin:

View attachment 524959 View attachment 524962 View attachment 524964 View attachment 524966 View attachment 524967 View attachment 524968 View attachment 524969 View attachment 524970

This is all rather exciting. Nice upgrade from the T5 and it's all looking a bit intense in the tent!

Really looking forward to seeing how the new setup goes. Any other upgrades planned?

Hi fellow growing ethousiasts, I've exposed the rootmass from both of the Blueberry's, and I don't really notice any difference between the plant with air injection vs without. Possibly the air injection rate wasn't high enough (6 l/min). I think that air injection works best in conjunction with a medium that is kept moist/wet constantly, such as in autopots, so that the roots have a constant supply of water/food and oxygen.

With air injection
20160131_225449.jpg

20160131_225710.jpg

Without air injection
20160131_224615.jpg

This is all rather exciting. Nice upgrade from the T5 and it's all looking a bit intense in the tent!

Really looking forward to seeing how the new setup goes. Any other upgrades planned?

It is indeed exciting. I'm working my way to having a tent with 8 plants, 4 vegging and 4 flowering, all growing in 25L autpots. Ideally I would have one more 200W led for flowering, and another 90°x60° diffuser for my 2nd HS1. I'd use the 2 HS1 for vegging. This is a long term plan though, but the next investment will be a 4x25L pot autopot system :biggrin:

It is indeed exciting. I'm working my way to having a tent with 8 plants, 4 vegging and 4 flowering, all growing in 25L autpots. Ideally I would have one more 200W led for flowering, and another 90°x60° diffuser for my 2nd HS1. I'd use the 2 HS1 for vegging. This is a long term plan though, but the next investment will be a 4x25L pot autopot system :biggrin:

Nice plan. It'll be a ridiculous setup! Autopots and piles of led should work perfectly. It's fairly impressive already so I can see why you're not rushing out to the shops straight away.

Back