Indoor Lime/pale upper leaves during flower

I'd say go from 75% strength to 100%. Light mix gets used up real quick when a plant gets big, there's no need to hold back at 75%. I grow in light mix too and I tried using only bloom nutes in flower - very quickly got low on N so reintroduced the grow nutes. Back in business in no time.
Fwiw I've never had a pH pen or EC meter. Tap water and liquid nutes at recommended strength, in light mix, does a satisfactory job! :goodluck:

I'd say go from 75% strength to 100%. Light mix gets used up real quick when a plant gets big, there's no need to hold back at 75%. I grow in light mix too and I tried using only bloom nutes in flower - very quickly got low on N so reintroduced the grow nutes. Back in business in no time.
Fwiw I've never had a pH pen or EC meter. Tap water and liquid nutes at recommended strength, in light mix, does a satisfactory job! :goodluck:
Thanks, I will try it next with the next watering! Do you mix bloom and grow? For example a 3:1 ratio sound great?

@IdeVend :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:That is not an Iron problem. There is almost a zero chance that the Plagron soil and Plagron Bloom would be short on iron. It is either PH or nutrient balance that is off. There is also a clue in the name of the strain "Dutch Passion Auto Daiquiri Lime " The use of lime in the name is because the plant has a tendency to be a limey color.

Why are you using Cal-Mag? It is not on the Plagron Feed schedule?
View attachment 1400502

I think you should be using these nutrients in this schedule with the Light Mix soil?

View attachment 1400503

Learn more about using balanced nutrients here:

I think you are short on Nitrogen There is not a lot in the light mix to start and bloom only nutrients may not have enough.

:goodluck:
Thanks for the detailed reply!
I’m using calmag because I’m using LED and the I read that it is recommended and also I’ve had calmag problems during my last two grows.
I will try to introduce more nitrogen and hope for the best! :worship:

Distilled / RO water is about as nothing in it as we can get.....so whatever you add is basically all they get so your not chasing your tail trying to figure out what and why your grow is off kilter. That's how I found AFN, was online trying to figure out what was wrong with my first grow ( deep well on a limestone aquifer AND adding cal-mag, just the water alone was causing calcium lockout ). Most if not all nutrient lines are going to have everything you need already in it. There's a good section on nutrients so most real-world research has been done on them by our fellow growers here. Just gotta read and figure out what fits your style..
Personally I use FF happy frog soil cause it gets them through 4 or 5 weeks to the start of flower with only water, then I do bloom nutes.....wasn't too impressed with FF line, MegaCrop was good, but since switching to autopots I am trying AN's PH perfect line. It might take a few grows but you'll start to figure out what works for you for each stage and it'll be golden.
:woohoo1: :growing::growing::woohoo1::smoking:
Thanks! Just ordered an autopot starter kit and planning on using it with biotabs or the ph perfect line not sure yet. The biotabs are tempting, seen good results with little to no effort

Reactions: Bill.de.Cat

Bill.de.Cat

Thanks, was racking my brain trying to remember the name Biotabs...thinking about giving them a try in the Apots
Thanks, I will try it next with the next watering! Do you mix bloom and grow? For example a 3:1 ratio sound great?
You need to follow the manufacturer's feed schedule as ManOGreen posted. It changes almost week by week.
The ones I use go from a grow to bloom ratio of 1:0 to 1:0.25 and gradually up to 1:1. But you're using plagron so follow plagron :thumbsup: simples

Think you'll be surprised at what the Autopots can do..I know I am. Make sure you have plenty of head room as mine have gotten taller than anything I've grown so far.

Back