Photoperiod やばい Pakalolo

Yes I did run into a few problems, one was misreading the roots Organic's feeding chart, thanks US standard measuring system. I highly underestimated how much elemental I should've given later in flower. I switched to a liquid organic cal mag as it was 1 organic and 2 much cheaper than the elemental. Learned alot from this round.

Also the thrips, those jerks man. I beat em in the flower tent with D.E but, they loved the warmer temps and the huge canopy of the veg tent. 3 days after applying mosquito bits onto the soil and I can see a noticeable difference. I also soaked some dunks in my plain ro water and cal mag feeding. Here's to hoping I can beat em, went through a whole bottle of Dr zymes and a free sample of Lost Coast.

The slurricane was is cut that got hunted out of a breeders pack by a friend of a friend. Her yields are small but like you said @DCLXVI she is dumping.

Wish me luck on the home stretch. Next round will be better.

When it comes to thrips I gotta say Montery Spinosad has worked better for me than anything. One application and literally any thrip that I can see is dead.

I feel like the mosquito bits did an awesome job at thinning out the thrips and then the spinosad is clearing up the rest. Veg tent making a major bounce back.. I've tossed about 7 plants all together but still have clones from my plants in the flower tent.

Still not happy with how it looks in there, At this point I've thought about tossing most of my smaller plants but for now I will continue on. Flower tent is soon to harvest

I was so depressed with this grow. Humidity got high when I was getting ready to pull. Some plants got a slightly mildew smell and I new even if I couldn't see it I had a slight case of pm. My fault for not having a dehu in flower.. even in a dry climate I guess the humidity can spike. I harvested all the plants and cut off all the fan leaves. After that they all went into the freezer. The killa B actually was the only one who had a sweet smell and I caught no trace of wpm. I still have the harvest in the freezer now.. I'll get around to hashing it. For now it just kinda felt like a failure, but with failure comes lessons. I've never learned through failure so much.

20210707_190826.jpg

Fast forward to today and I took cuttings of every strain in there. Decided to only keep a cut of the killa bee the strain that did the best. Slurricane cut got real sick.. had to let her go. Ice creams smelt so sweet holy cow. The one in that back corner was so purple too. Tossed em all but ill show yall what I got growing now

KILLA BEES
Ok guys the return of the Killa Bees!!

These are the cuttings I took of the middle plant "Killa Bees"
Found out that this strain is from Archive Seed bank, and I love her ease of growth and her resiliency. She takes to super cropping and topping amazingly. I bend her tops over almost daily to get this nice canopy. I'll put her lineage here before I go over my inputs.

Lineage: Malawi Gold x NLHaze F2 x Moonbow #75

Soil: Bio bizz lightmix
Current pot: 3 gal fabrics (going to 5 gals before flower)
Nutes / inputs: *Real Growers Recharge*, Roots Organic's Veg Terp tea, Raw organics silica, TDS organic cal mag, Dr. Zymes (as a foliar, and soil drench 1x a month)
20210904_125853.jpg

Few weeks apart of growth
20210924_080528.jpg

Plans are to take a few cuts, transplant to 5 gallon pots and then flip to flower. My next run will be autos though I'm pretty sure. I'll take the best cut and put her to flower with the autos. I'm afraid of losing a cut, wish I had friends who had a veg tent for mothers and cuts.
I have some seedstockers autos I'm just dying to get started.. next year I will have my foot on the gas pedal running 1 tent and planting outdoors as well for an early auto seed run and then a harvest outdoors in the fall as well.

Closing thoughts for myself.
I'm afraid of making bubble out of damaged material from my last harvest because of the slight wpm. I've read up alot saying that I should be fine as long as I get a good even dry and not to collect anything under the 45 micron bag. Worst case scenario, it sucks, I toss it all, and at the very least I had learned on how to make hash. (I'm a first timer). Anyone who reads this sorry for the rambling. This is a journal for me to look back on, and also I just took 3 dabs. I'll update weekly or during important times.
20210924_080637.jpg

Back