Outdoor Who is getting mentally psyched for the outdoor 2017 season?

I have the perfect situation or growing outdoors, but we get gophers or ground squirrels, they just eat everything. Do you guys have any tricks on keeping those lil bastards away (besides screening my entire backyard)?
If you don't have any objections to killing them I heard that dropping a piece of jucyfruit gum in very hole you see (wearing latex gloves so you don't get your sent on it) they will eat the gum and die.

If it's between my buds and those gophers- they're dead! I like the bubblegum idea, but they dig a new hole when they come. I will try it with veggies first. Thank you for your advice farmergreen007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Dave_Shorts - awesome man...good luck to you bud!!

@farmergreen007 - I cant wait to see your swamp plants again man!!

@Big Sur Holy - Hmm I don't have many gophers, but for rabbits Blood meal and bone meals on the surface of the ground will work well as a deterrent. Also when it rains it will act as a fertilizer, but you will have to reapply especially the very soluble blood meal. Outside of that you could always fence individual plants or beds with chicken wire. Know if you have predators like coyotes wolves or bears they could be attracted to the scattered bone and blood meal.

If it's between my buds and those gophers- they're dead! I like the bubblegum idea, but they dig a new hole when they come. I will try it with veggies first. Thank you for your advice farmergreen007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH then its easy...sit around smoke joints, and let 'em have it with a Ruger 10/22 .22lr!! ;)

I have the perfect situation or growing outdoors, but we get gophers or ground squirrels, they just eat everything. Do you guys have any tricks on keeping those lil bastards away (besides screening my entire backyard)?
when I lived in gopher country one of my cats camped at the gopher holes till they were eliminated! No bunnies either

plans......mid March window grow, 1 beary white in 3 gal, 2 portals in 1/2 gal and will be nursery for the greenhouse. Greenhouses 3rd wk of may-1st week of june. Primary greenhouse mostly Rebel and Magic strains, and a couple of DP's. Secondary greenhouse 3 Dinafem strains. Lineups subject to change, lol, pretty firm by now though.

plans......mid March window grow, 1 beary white in 3 gal, 2 portals in 1/2 gal and will be nursery for the greenhouse. Greenhouses 3rd wk of may-1st week of june. Primary greenhouse mostly Rebel and Magic strains, and a couple of DP's. Secondary greenhouse 3 Dinafem strains. Lineups subject to change, lol, pretty firm by now though.

That's quite a range. How many plants in total (to the nearest dozen....)? :p

My lavenders in the window haven't popped the soil, and I think there is mold growing. Damn!!!

That's quite a range. How many plants in total (to the nearest dozen....)? :p

My lavenders in the window haven't popped the soil, and I think there is mold growing. Damn!!!
mold or algae? Well I'll germ a lot, Rebel and Magic are regs, I'll be shooting for slightly less than 2 doz fems. so far I haven't been able to grow enough smoke for the 2 of us to last harvest to harvest. I want enough for smoke and enough for med concentrates

mold or algae? Well I'll germ a lot, Rebel and Magic are regs, I'll be shooting for slightly less than 2 doz fems. so far I haven't been able to grow enough smoke for the 2 of us to last harvest to harvest. I want enough for smoke and enough for med concentrates

I think it's mold. Will prob just throw the soil outside.

Because I'm just back into things, my consumption is soooooo much less than in the past.
Hope you can fill a couple of big sacks, bro.

Back