Fast Buds Who can give me a few tips on getting Fastbuds seeds to germinate

Reaction score
I recently bought a five pack of Fastbuds Original Skunk seeds. Tried three so far and not a single one will even germinate at all. Tried soaking in distilled water and then planting in FFHF. Nothing.

Tried soaking in water a day, then put between wet paper towels, no cracking at all. Plant into ProMix HP. Nothing.

Put third seed in half cup of water with three drops of H2O2. Three days, nothing. Put in between damp paper towels. Nothing.

During the same time period I have germinated 12 seeds from other breeders and every single seed popped.

Last year I had Fastbuds Pineapple Express, Rhino Ryder, Gorilla Glue, LSD-25, Fastberry and Mexican Airlines. Every single seed germinated without a single failure.

I also grew about 8 other breeder's strains last year without a single seed failing to germinate.

Spending $53.00 on five seeds and then having what appears to be dud seeds is enough to make me think twice about trying anymore seed strains from Fastbuds after this. I have five other unopened breeder packs from Fastbuds from last year's purchase but these most recent seeds I just purchased from Seed Cellar about two weeks ago, they are ones with the scratch off verification serial number and were a sealed pack. Very disappointed as this was a strain I was searching for.

I have two more seeds left to try from the Original Skunk.

@Fast Buds Heather Here is a second person having trouble with germinating Original Skunk. I had 4 out of 5 fail. I thought it was my fault but maybe not?

I recently bought a five pack of Fastbuds Original Skunk seeds. Tried three so far and not a single one will even germinate at all. Tried soaking in distilled water and then planting in FFHF. Nothing.

Tried soaking in water a day, then put between wet paper towels, no cracking at all. Plant into ProMix HP. Nothing.

Put third seed in half cup of water with three drops of H2O2. Three days, nothing. Put in between damp paper towels. Nothing.

During the same time period I have germinated 12 seeds from other breeders and every single seed popped.

Last year I had Fastbuds Pineapple Express, Rhino Ryder, Gorilla Glue, LSD-25, Fastberry and Mexican Airlines. Every single seed germinated without a single failure.

I also grew about 8 other breeder's strains last year without a single seed failing to germinate.

Spending $53.00 on five seeds and then having what appears to be dud seeds is enough to make me think twice about trying anymore seed strains from Fastbuds after this. I have five other unopened breeder packs from Fastbuds from last year's purchase but these most recent seeds I just purchased from Seed Cellar about two weeks ago, they are ones with the scratch off verification serial number and were a sealed pack. Very disappointed as this was a strain I was searching for.

Do.u have a heatmat or something to keep a glass of water warm.drop bean in glass of water .wait a few days.will crack;)happy growing;)

What were your temperatures?

74 degrees. Every other seed strain I have germinates within two to three days. These Skunk seeds do nothing.
It's possible that you got duds, but if I were in your shoes I would try some of the remaining seeds at >80F. This strain may just be unusually fussy about temperature.

I would contact the vendor you bought them off they should offer you replacements id imagine

I just had only 3 of 5 pop on their Green Crack seeds and one the three stalled out in the soil and never sprouted. So really, only 2 for 5 sprouted. My first experience with Fast Buds. I’d like to give them another crack because I’ve seen some nice results from others but honestly a bit nervous to.

I soaked all seeds in a glass of regular RO water overnight, then transferred to paper towel between two plates kept on my WiFi router which keeps it in the upper 70’s of temp.

Seed Cellar states they give no refunds on dud seeds. Entire pack is duds.
can always ask heather the rep on here

Back