Are you gonna do it live it this thread? I think I might stay up for this lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes, i am starting right now, it may be a slow process(due to post, not live streaming) , so if you need sleep, the posts will always be here...

Yes, i am starting right now, it may be a slow process(due to post, not live streaming) , so if you need sleep, the posts will always be here...
I just got home an hour ago after a massive drive, pulled a cone and now I'm just chilling and saw your thread and am just completely intranced lol. See how long I last but you got an audience [emoji23]

I just got home an hour ago after a massive drive, pulled a cone and now I'm just chilling and saw your thread and am just completely intranced lol. See how long I last but you got an audience [emoji23]

Awesome brudda!!
image.jpeg
Starting material, i usually run 6 jars at a time, and the process moves pretty quick
image.jpeg
the live bud was not chopped or ground, left whole for best product, return may suffer from a single run bit we want the top shelf stuff, not second run goo
image.jpeg
the initial strain is thru a tight mesh ss strainer from the mart store into the NON-BLEACHED coffee filters
image.jpeg
letting em do their thing.. ****IMPORTANT NOTE**** make sure that you pre soak your filters, this will minimize the oil lost by using a dry filter
image.jpeg
these are the leftovers, they will continue to drip eth into the pyrex, this slow wash will cause the oil to pick up some chlorophyll and be a greenish color.... Remember.. Work fast and work efficiently
image.jpeg
bonus.. This is kief from some previously eth washed bud, i only wash the bud once, there is still goodies in there, and we are going to see how much this kief can yield in oil, there was 9.55 grams of kief to start

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 58
Before we start the double boiler, i want to mention SAFETY.. Please use wvery caution possible when using iso, eth, or any other flammable material, airflow is as important as not smoking or pitting anyone else in danger, YOU are in control and mist take responsibility for a safe extraction... Outside is best, floor and ceiling fans are not a substitute for safety....now , heres how the kief is going
image.jpeg
5 grams per jar, no worries about time/chlorophyl, the kief has none in it, it needs to be shaken vigorously and strained while the particuales are still floating
image.jpeg
kief is fine enough to clog the ss strainer
image.jpeg
a close up will show a super dark golden oil, this may be close to saturation( the eth)
image.jpeg
dark dark dark but not green!!!! Yea!!
image.jpeg
On the live eth front, this har went back in the freezer, if needed, i will use the eth to 1st wash more bud

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 91
With the kief strained and filtered,it goes onto the double boiler...
image.jpeg
The pyrex is resting on some mason jar lids, this keeps the temp of the pan more stable and consistence, this is a bit high so i lowered it to 125F
image.jpeg
oh oh, the flash gave it a green tint, but this is golden gooey goodness... Update on the live extract will follow

So this is where we are with the live extract
image.jpeg
I have this much bud left,the two jars of eth have been used 1 time to wash the buds( jar on right has been in freezer)...sooooo, @Bekay had mentioned a "saturation point" of the Ethanol, and in the past i have used the eth to wash the flowers three separate times, i feel the eth did not fully reach saturation but i have since settled on using the eth for two washes, but still only washing the bud one time

At this point, about ten drops of water will allow the temp to be increased a bit, which will allow the eth to purge more completely.. There still needs to be a small amount of eth in the pan when the water is added
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Heres how fast the "flashing" happens.. The time it took to make the last post and the first pan flashed off all the ethanol, you can watch it evaporating off and you will have a good idea of the time, so you dont miss this small window....
image.jpeg
pull it off the heat now, and it will be a breeze to scrape... Keep waiting and it will turn to dust

Back