Lighting What should be on a grow light review?

Thanks for the info ref the pluses and minuses of CRI as a definitive indicator of Light "quality" I dont know whether this is the right place to discuss the science of lighting evaluation, we were simply asked to comment on what we would like to see in any lighting specs offered by various manufacturers. I am certainly aware that much of the CRI info for Incandescents is by no means valid for LEDS (hence the manufacturers such as Quantum give CRI conversion factors for their machines when measuring outputs from LEDS).

Nevertheless, even though the absolute value is somewhat suspect, provided they are the same for each brand, then they provide a valid comparison dont you think ?

Whether or not CRI has any relevance to quality of plant growth is moot...but its yet one more indicator we have as a measure of light "quality"

Just my 2 cents worth.

Sure arent cheap shoot paid $1200 for mine. Im getting better results with my smocobs. Autocobs
Maybe you can peddle them on Craigslist or Ebay and recover some of your money . That is if you can put up with the crazies bombarding you with lowball offer's and stupid request like " are the still available " and " I'm interested " . :rofl:

For LED's :

1) Watts draw at wall
2) Graph of PPFD vs distance to subject illuminated
3) PPFD footprint at distance to subject illuminated (VERTICAL distance ONLY)
4) Colour Temp (degrees Kelvin)
5) CRI
6) Spectrum
7) Cooling method (if any) and Db level (level vs distance)
8) Light spread angle, with or without reflectors

What he said, Plus a price that won't make guys on a budget like me go "F*ck that... I can get three chinese leds for half that price that'll meet those par ratings..."

Maybe you can peddle them on Craigslist or Ebay and recover some of your money . That is if you can put up with the crazies bombarding you with lowball offer's and stupid request like " are the still available " and " I'm interested " . :rofl:
Hahaha!!! Yea been offered 450 for them and selling them for 650 haha.

Back