What Nutrients Do YOU Use?

Keep us advised man!

Will do. For the record here’s a couple photos of my last GSC auto that I ran MSU on. And a photoperiod outdoors that I’m currently growing. I’ve posted these before but in case anyone hasn’t seen them. Floraflex has some tough competition, but I’m willing to try it. MSU is so easy- a teaspoon per gallon of water. And in flower I cut it by 50-75% and toss in the flower fuel. I do add cal mag and/or silica when applicable.

9656111B-BF5A-4942-873D-BA11D4D709AC.jpeg

B5A646F8-3599-4865-8945-2F75E654D19C.jpeg

1EA152B9-13BE-4FB2-8047-B5DCC98905B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello i use green planet 4 part hydro full line very good but not cheap. I am trying mega crop 2 part aswell on a small grow as its dirt cheap

Last edited:
I’ve used MSU 13 formula 13-3-15 for quite a long time, all the way through. In flower I add flower fuel, and taper down the MSU.

MSU 13 looks pretty interesting - what soil / media / water are you using with it? Wondering if I'd need to do anything for micros if I try it...

MSU 13 looks pretty interesting - what soil / media / water are you using with it? Wondering if I'd need to do anything for micros if I try it...
I start with a mixture of coco/perlite/vermiculite in a ratio of 70/20/10. Let’s call that my DIY mix.

Then I’ve experimented with 100% DIY mix, 70%. DIY mix/30% homemade compost, and 70% DIY mix/ 30% plain old dirt from my yard. Bear in mind my yard dirt is fairly healthy as I’ve always been an avid veggie gardener. So lots of compost, worms, woodchip mulch breaking down into the soil. Etc..

Anyway, I find the differences in the above mixtures to be negligible. I do enjoy organic gardening for my veggies. But I’m hesitant to bring things like my compost indoors/in a tent. However I do like a little soil in the mix as it helps retain water a little longer. So this current auto run indoors, I’m trying out some FF soil in it. First time trying FF by the way.

As far as water, I generally just get it from my garden hose. I do have a cheap inline carbon filter on the hose. I range PH between 6.0. - 6.5 staggered. Lately it’s been super hot here so I’ve added some liquid kelp every couple weeks.

Indoors I just run it as above without any kelp. Although I do have some recharge I’ve been playing with. Jury is out on that.

There’s a whole small community of people using MSU on Facebook. Page is called 19-4-23. Lots of arguing between people who swear by it. And people who say it can’t possibly work. Guy who runs the page is passionate, maybe too much, about how MSU changed his life and got him out of the “scam canna nutrients rabbit hole”. YMMV.

I’m not advocating for the nutes. Well, maybe I am. But I genuinely want to find something better, hence me trying floraflex out. I WANT to know that something formulated for this purpose is better than something originally created for orchids. All I know is that for about $40-$50 you get enough MSU and flower fuel to last the average indoor grower 3-4 runs. And I’m taking about runs in an 8x4.

Last edited:
“scam canna nutrients rabbit hole”

I'm on week 2 of my first grow. I went with FFOF and their Cultivation Nation grow/micro/bloom line before really checking out other options.

Considering going with something more basic / customizable for next grows - currently thinking either individual N-P-K dry fertilizers so I can tweak ratios or Megacrop, but now I'll add MSU as a possible candidate.

I'm on week 2 of my first grow. I went with FFOF and their Cultivation Nation grow/micro/bloom line before really checking out other options.

Considering going with something more basic / customizable for next grows - currently thinking either individual N-P-K dry fertilizers so I can tweak ratios or Megacrop, but now I'll add MSU as a possible candidate.

I think that’s why I chose Floraflex over anything else, to test against MSU. Price isn’t bad, and it’s not a thousand bottles or bags. I prefer dry nutrients personally myself. And rely a lot on observation when it comes to feeding.

MSU is certainly a real deal. Zero doubts. I just took this photo this morning of the 4 outdoor photoperiods. Looks amazing but going forward I’ll likely only do 1, maybe 2 photos and I’ll mess around with more outdoors autos.

A393E52F-2A1B-4754-822E-37C43C36F14F.jpeg

I'm on first grow in soil, both containers and native soil that I conditioned a bit. I used Southern Ag Power Pak 20-20-20 and Southern Ag Start, Bloom and Root 5-30-15. I fed at about 75% of recommended, fed 100% one time and scorched a bit. Very happy with both and staying with it. It worked well, easy to use and a good price. Also used their Garden Friendly fungicide.

I use advanced nutrients Sensi. Blackstrap molasses. Dutch pro multi total & take root. While the sensi was £44 for grow/bloom A/B in one litre bottles it goes a long way especially the grow as I hardly need to use any and I have no issue with the cost. It’s all about perceived value for money I guess.

Back