What Nutrients Do YOU Use?

I am using GH/TA flora ~trio~ actually duo. (Lucas formula)

I went down a nute Rabbit hole recently. I grow and will continue to grow in Coco. I also fertigate 3x daily.
Because I was/am growing in 20 litre pots this frequent fertigation results in a lot of nutes being used. So I searched and tried once more in vain to talk to those on here with experience.

What I found out off-site is, it is possible to use non cannabis specific nutes but a good understanding is very much needed or it could lead to dramas late in the grow...ain't nobody got time fo dat.

What I have decided to do is reduce my future pot size to 8 litre, stick with TA Lucas, and continue to fertigate 3x daily. As I don't intend to grow more than two girls at one time the costs, compared to now, will/should be halved, if not more than halved.

The nute range is tried and tested and very user friendly. I'm not experienced enough to rate it compared to others or say what other additives might be beneficial. The trio by itself with a little Calmag is sufficient for a more than acceptable grow.

I am using GH/TA flora ~trio~ actually duo. (Lucas formula)

I went down a nute Rabbit hole recently. I grow and will continue to grow in Coco. I also fertigate 3x daily.
Because I was/am growing in 20 litre pots this frequent fertigation results in a lot of nutes being used. So I searched and tried once more in vain to talk to those on here with experience.

What I found out off-site is, it is possible to use non cannabis specific nutes but a good understanding is very much needed or it could lead to dramas late in the grow...ain't nobody got time fo dat.

What I have decided to do is reduce my future pot size to 8 litre, stick with TA Lucas, and continue to fertigate 3x daily. As I don't intend to grow more than two girls at one time the costs, compared to now, will/should be halved, if not more than halved.

The nute range is tried and tested and very user friendly. I'm not experienced enough to rate it compared to others or say what other additives might be beneficial. The trio by itself with a little Calmag is sufficient for a more than acceptable grow.
I’ve also decided to go smaller with pots for my next run. I usually use 15-16L pots and average around 5oz per plant, running around 380 watts. My closet is small though so it can get real cramped when I grow big plants.

I’ve heard a lot of things about mega crop too, but also heard the new versions aren’t as good as the original.

I will probably stick with advanced nutrients. But I believe it is easy to overfeed with it, from my experience. It’s easy to get spotting.

I will most likely stick with advanced nutrients. But it’s like £24 for just base nutrients. Was considering Dutch pro but also very expensive

Yeah mega Crop is about the only economical Cannabis specific nute line, the rest are rip offs including the one I use.

After my next two Autos which will be a grow to confirm my technique and environment I definitely plan to grow at least one plant using generic fertilizer just to see if it's possible and what issues I may come across.

I grow outdoors only so I'm finishing up here in NY. But next spring I will be using Earth Dust
Pre mixed 2 weeks into soil before planting.
For Photos top dress 2 weeks before flower and again 2 weeks later.
For auto's top dress at flower.
Water only.
Organic soil
As stated above Feed the soil.

I’ve used MSU 13 formula 13-3-15 for quite a long time, all the way through. In flower I add flower fuel, and taper down the MSU. Can’t get much more simple and cheap. MSU also comes in a 19 something formula for well water. Developed by Michigan State University for orchids, but apparently they have done extensive testing on Canna as well. Found out about it on a Facebook group and didn’t know if I believed it, there’s some controversy over it, for whatever reason. But it certainly works. I’m still using it on my photos outside. And I harvested 15 oz from a GSC auto last run.

But this current auto run, I’m trying out floraflex to compare. No because I NEED TO. Rather, I want to see if MSU can be beat by something more…”made for ”what I’m doing? And I just like to experiment. We shall see.

Hi!!
I adore the ease and price of GreenLeaf Megacrop. Just one item all through veg, then a touch of Bud Explosion in flower.
I got tired of mixing advance nutrients, and also got tired of the price.
I like to keep it simple :biggrin:

Hi!!
I adore the ease and price of GreenLeaf Megacrop. Just one item all through veg, then a touch of Bud Explosion in flower.
I got tired of mixing advance nutrients, and also got tired of the price.
I like to keep it simple :biggrin:
The price is pretty damn expensive. All you need is the base nutrients though. I did also add pk booster though (big bud). Dutchpro looks great but also expensive. Mega crop was pretty tough to get here in the UK for a good while. Not sure if that’s still the case

Yeah mega Crop is about the only economical Cannabis specific nute line, the rest are rip offs including the one I use.

After my next two Autos which will be a grow to confirm my technique and environment I definitely plan to grow at least one plant using generic fertilizer just to see if it's possible and what issues I may come across.
I think Jack's 321 is another excellent low cost alternative for cannabis, although the two part Megacrop is arguably the same thing with additional stuff like aminos for a similar price.

If my chicken poop, cow poop, and worm castings soil mix does not work out this winter, Jack's or MC two part will likely be my choice for salt nutes in future grows. If I go with salt nutes in future, I may go to automated top watering to avoid the nute buildup/imbalance I have suffered in earlier autopot grows.

OTOH, if this winter's soil grow does work out, I see autopots, water only irrigation, and DIY KIS soil as my future process.

Happy nute shopping peeps. :biggrin: :pighug:

I think Jack's 321 is another excellent low cost alternative for cannabis, although the two part Megacrop is arguably the same thing with additional stuff like aminos for a similar price.

If my chicken poop, cow poop, and worm castings soil mix does not work out this winter, Jack's or MC two part will likely be my choice for salt nutes in future grows. If I go with salt nutes in future, I may go to automated top watering to avoid the nute buildup/imbalance I have suffered in earlier autopot grows.

OTOH, if this winter's soil grow does work out, I see autopots, water only irrigation, and DIY KIS soil as my future process.

Happy nute shopping peeps. :biggrin: :pighug:
I've heard of Jack's but it isn't to be had here in mainland Europe. The poms can get Mega Crop but we can't now either after brexit. I CAN get Masterblend, which is something I have in mind to try in a few months or so.

Back