Mephisto Genetics What is your baseline?

Here you go. Here is Mephisto 2019 strain guide. They have some new stuff coming this year. Follow this thread for more:

Guide
Latest News

Apologies to anyone that tried to click the link. I had the share settings messed up on it, but it should work now.

Generators
If I was commercial and had a big crop vulnerable to this issue I sure as heck would want to have a backup. But yer basic 2 banger Honda unit ain't gonna do it. I would love to hear from someone about how the big indoor operations actually handle this. Backup power for acres of HPS lights would be a non trivial expense.

I’m just gonna throw this out there. Let’s say you reverse a clone. and then self it. Why do the seeds not mimic the the original parent? Even without genetic variation you still do not get the exact parent.
With that said, why is this cut better than that cut? Especially when it came from the same clone.
Is it because I’m high, or is someone selling me a dream? I’m just saying. For real, what is the base line.

...nothing about the PPFD produced by the device that used the power. ... and DLI -Daily Light Integral, refers to the number of photons, received (ordinary by plants) during one day in the Photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) region.

Thankfully, the manufacturer of my COBs published the PPFD for 30cm, 50cm, and 70cm. as 750, 550, and 326 respectively. I've had these lights about 2 years now, but I didn't really begin to understand what that (and DLI) really means until yesterday.

I have :confused1: so many questions.

From what I gather, weed can take as much as 60 DLI in good conditions. With photos stronger light is needed during flowering to make up for the shorter days.

Since autos can go their whole life cycle on same-length days, is there any advantage to giving autos more intense PPFD (and thus more DLI) during flowering? I grow in soil, no room for CO2.

:bow: There is still so much that I need to know!

Last edited:
I think what you need to realize here is that they are probably thinking a 1000 hps is standard for a 4x4 tent. Then if you are planning on running something else... just run the equivalent. I have a bar style led light that maxes out at 680 watts. This is suggested by the manufacturer to be perfect for a 4x4 tent. Also if you are not running a sealed room With co2... all you need is about 500-800 mol to get max performance from your plants. So I can probably run my light in a 5x5 and be just fine.

When it comes to lights, things can get very complicated. So just make things easy on yourself. If you are going to use a 4x4 tent... anywhere from 550-700 watts of quality leds will get the job done. Don't over think it.

Back