@tripaholic88 yeah I was thinking I had some N tox, which sucks since I can't really do anything about it. I don't think it's really a huge issue. And yeah I don't wanna cut em and stress them out but at the same time I don't want them to waste energy ya know?
I'm bending one in my widow grow, to grow horizontally, took the first small shoot and single finger off because they were resting on the soil after first bend, I don't think removing the first single fingers will do any harm, look at those big fans above, they are doing the bulk of photosynthesis

Alright guys so I've been thinking...

A week or two ago, I added some worms to my pots as an experiment. I read somewhere that one should put a bit of alfalfa meal in the top inch of soil or so to feed them, so I put about 1/2 a tsp or so into a hole and covered it up. I'm certain that caused nitrogen toxicity in both plants. The fastberry shows the claw and the og seems to have slowed growth and dark foliage. I'm going to go back and remove as much of the alfalfa meal as I can as soon as I finish this post.

Moral of the story: don't feed your worms extra organic matter unless your soil doesn't have much to begin with, especially not with something so high in n like alfalfa meal. Hell, don't even waste your time adding a couple worms to your pots.

In other news, I have built my screens to scrog these plants with, I just need to make some minor adjustments and they will be put in place tomorrow. Watering is going to be a bitch.

Peace :pimp:
feed the worms with organic material at the soil surface, the crucible of life. High nitro stuff sprinkle lightly on surface, cover with mulch and you have duplicated a worms favored enviromnent, and the release of nutes shouldn't be overpowering. After the soil bacteria works out on the mulch the worms will consume it also.

Hey guys, couple of quick questions unrelated to this grow. Didn't want to start a new thread so just posting here. Wednesday I will be germinating 3 or 4 seeds for my outdoor run.

1st question: what strains??? I have (all fast buds) green crack, crystal meth, six shooter, northern express, lsd, blackberry, and pineapple express, along with a couple of dinafem critical+ freebies. I'm thinking I'll start the crystal meth, six shooter, and northern express. What would you guys like to see?

2nd question: I have read a lot about how one should not transplant autos and just plant them in their final pot. If this is the case, I will be forced to germ them in their pot outdoors. Do you guys think they'll be alright if I do this? My lowest temps are probably going to be about 53°F from here on out, with things steadily warming up. Will this stunt the growth much, if any?

Thanks for your help guys, peace out!
I've seen a thread here about transplanting, some good ideas folks have used successfully, haven't tried yet but sure thinking about it.

I would like to see sixshooter, gonna grow one in the greenhouse this spring, but they are supposed to be Big, might be a real wrestling match in a small space

the link i in my sig bud!
heres a great example of my ponytailing of my blue treacle on day 21, i shoulda started earlier tho...
cam01820-jpg.551076

DAY 24
blue-branch-jpg.552292

blue-branch1-jpg.552297

DAY 31
cam02131-jpg.555504
cam02133-jpg.555505
cam02132-jpg.555506
cam02130-jpg.555507
love here stance

love here stance
haha did you should see what i did to her? shes gonna be a hefty girl.. great node distances and all... if i like her meds i will be gettin a 10 pack of these right away!

Thanks man! And yeah I try to just keep the mindset that it's just an experiment and I look at the cost coverage as extra money that would have been spent on weed had I not grown it myself! I feel like if you try too hard to do everything you can to force huge, bountiful harvests that's when people fuck up a lot unless they're very experienced. I just love my plants and they love me back lol. Sorry for the stoned ramble I'm nor really sure what I'm even talking about hahahaha. But I'll definitely check out that microgrow man :cheers:
I never worry about the cost, although my costs are very low with all the DIY and being greenhouse with my own soil, whatever the cost I'm getting the best weed on the plant for me, lol, I think most growers could say the same about theirs. The knowledge you are gaining in this grow will propel you into the future, how's that for rambling?

Its important to keep trying new things I think...even after 20+ years of outdoor growing I still like to try out different techniques, if for nothing else just to keep it fresh and interesting. That's what I love about growing grass...there is sooooo many effective different techniques...amazing!
yup, always looking for bigger stronger prolific and killer, lol, and achieving this in the most energy efficient way, double lol on that

Back