@trailanimal thanks for stopping in man! Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said lol. I've learned a lot already and I've done so little! I've just been trying things here and there and seeing what works and what doesn't. The learning curve hasn't been too bad with it thanks to everyone's help here though!

Sorry I haven't been updating guys, I've just been doing other things and my mind hasn't been on AFN a whole lot the last few days... I'll try to get one in soon. The ladies are looking beautiful, starting to develop a nice coating of frost and nice, dense, smelly buds. Can't wait to see what they look like 4 weeks from now...

Day 49:

What's up guys, hope everyone is doing well! You all know what time it is........

20160429_193812.jpg

So, as you can see, I have opted to abandon the scrog. Kind of sad that it didn't work out but, hey, it's all good. I might just scrog one of my outdoor plants :eyebrows: but yeah, they seem to be done growing for the most part here at the end of week 7. Plus I still have 3 or 4 inches I can raise my lights if necessary. They're looking good though! I think they'll definitely be ready to harvest by day 70ish. That may be a little early for the OG but the Fastberry will definitely be ready I think.

West Coast OG:

Though I didn't measure them, I'd say this plant is around 11 or 12 inches tall. Lots of little side branches at a fairly even height with a central main cola. Beautiful structure. However, I probably should toe down some of the side branches to allow for better light penetration. The smell from this plant is indescribable, kind of a funky fruity smell bUT with a twist lol. Very pungent. Only on the mature calyxes on the central stalk though, I had to rub them to smell it. Smell still hasn't been an issue outside of the cab. Here's some pics:

20160429_193825.jpg

20160429_193832.jpg
20160429_193853.jpg

20160429_193946.jpg

20160429_194127.jpg

Fastberry:

This plant is looking lovely. I'd say it's about 14 or 15 inches tall if the stem weren't bent from the scrog. It has buds all the way along the main stem all the way to the soil surface almost lol... these buds are rock solid so far. Super dense. The smell is developing nicely. I find myself going in my cab to stick my nose in the fastberry more often than I'd like to admit... and every single calyx I've seen is purple. It's such a beautiful plant. I think the yield will be decent as well, all things considered. Starting to pump out some resin now, I'm sure it'll be super frosty in a week or two. Pics:

20160429_194020.jpg

20160429_194032.jpg

20160429_194113.jpg

20160429_194048.jpg

That's all for now. Sorry it took so long to get the update I've a horrible habit of procrastination... peace out and happy growing everyone! :smoking:

looking good to me bud! i just love that purple in the fast berry! and the OG seems to be just loving life right now! look at them fans praying!

I know man! I did a guano top dress about a week ago then 2 days ago I did a guano and kelp top dress and the og has been going crazy! Love it!! Hopefully I didn't mistreat my fastberry lady too badly. All the little new growth seems to be healthy and such. Mostly working on the buds now though!

I know man! I did a guano top dress about a week ago then 2 days ago I did a guano and kelp top dress and the og has been going crazy! Love it!! Hopefully I didn't mistreat my fastberry lady too badly. All the little new growth seems to be healthy and such. Mostly working on the buds now though!
keep it up with that OG shes LOVING YOU RIGHT NOW!!!

@Colonel they're looking great man! That fastberry looks so similar to the purple pheno LSD, absolutely beautiful! Your girls actually look very similar to my rhinos in stature. I agree that you should tie down and defoliate the center to get some light penetration and also air circulation! I did that to my mutant just yesterday. I was laughing at the fact that I lst'd 6.5 weeks into my grow haha, but it looks great! She seems to love it. I need to do it to my other girl even more so though (maybe tomorrow) but yea man looking great, tie them side branching down a bit and clip in the middle, open them girls up!

@Colonel they're looking great man! That fastberry looks so similar to the purple pheno LSD, absolutely beautiful! Your girls actually look very similar to my rhinos in stature. I agree that you should tie down and defoliate the center to get some light penetration and also air circulation! I did that to my mutant just yesterday. I was laughing at the fact that I lst'd 6.5 weeks into my grow haha, but it looks great! She seems to love it. I need to do it to my other girl even more so though (maybe tomorrow) but yea man looking great, tie them side branching down a bit and clip in the middle, open them girls up!
Thanks man! Yeah it is kinda funny doing it this late lol but I've noticed that little things can make big differences with autos. I'll definitely try to open her up a bit, probaby tomorrow. I like how the fastberry has a pretty open structure already. The screen did help to achieve that but it could've been done cheaper and easier but oh well. Just waiting for the day they tell me they're ready... lol.

Well guys, I took the bottom-most, smallest bud off of the fastberry and quick dried it to sample. No taste really, but the smoke was still pretty smooth despite the quick dry. The buzz is really nice. Sedative almost. I can really feel it in my legs haha. I think she'll be ready to harvest around week 9.

Day 59:

Well hello there AFN, long time no see. Sorry I've been slacking off on the updates here at the end, I've just been working and shit all the time and haven't even been thinking about doing an update... anyways, without further adieu...

Both girls in the cab
20160509_175705.jpg

West Coast OG:
I have to say guys, I am absolutely loving this plant. Of course, I wish it were bigger, but it looks like it'll be some very potent smoke. It's loaded down with trichomes already and it still has a ways to go! She smells fantastic, like lemony, skunky, funky goodness. It's definitely testing my ona gel lol... I think she looks cool too. It's just like a bud bouquet! Beautiful. Pics:

20160509_175724.jpg

20160509_175734.jpg

20160509_175749.jpg

20160509_175801.jpg

Fastberry:
The fastberry is nearing harvest. I've been checking the trichs and they're about 20% milky, 80% clear. Quite a few purple ones are on it too lol. The smell from this plant really isn't too noticeable unless you squeeze a bud, perfect for stealth grows. However, when you do get the smell on your hands, it's heavenly. Like fresh blueberries with a hint of skunk and a bit of nice earthiness. The large fan leaves are starting to get crispy, it's eating itself pretty quickly. The colors are really nice though. Pics:

20160509_175817.jpg

20160509_175831.jpg

20160509_175840.jpg

Also, I took a pic of each plant outdoors so you could really see the color.
20160509_180607.jpg

20160509_180744.jpg

The OG still is mostly nice and lush, but the oldest fans are starting to change a bit. Both are lovely looking plants.

That's all for this update pretty much. However, my outdoor run is up and running and I will probably start another journal to document the lives of those plants today, so stay tuned for that! Happy growing everyone! Peace

YOUR ON THE HOME STRETCH @Colonel ! and that OG is a thick little girl huh?! :headbang:

Back