Morning everybody!
Quick message to thank you one more time for the warm welcome! :)

The test growth is going to start really soon, so get ready for it! We can't wait to see what you can do with those :D

@Mizzo81 yes, we do also sell peyote seeds. You can send me a message if you need more information.

Wish you all a good day,
Mr G from Female Seeds

Welcome!!!! I Have an AutoHaze Growing currently got them from seedsupreme. It's 4 Days old and it's looking good I can't wait to try the Bud from it. And have to say me being a newbie to growing my own, I'm pretty excited about it!!

:welcome: :toke: :thanks: Welcome Mr. G! Thank you and Female Seeds for coming aboard here with us- :woohoo1::pass:
So, I'm doing some reading up on your strains, and within a minute, my smile was beaming! Lots of interesting strains and best of all you have Cindy 99 and a Grapefruit cross that are fast finishers- :woohoo:... these will work just fine where I'm at I believe (coastal central California),... Ditto for Purple Maroc! .... C99 and Grapefruit have been fav;s of mine for years, but are fading from menus these days in favor of all these silly strains du jour,.. that and other versions took to long to finish for my climate, which can be a dice-roll by mid-Oct....
I noticed several of them are semi-auto's- :eyebrows:... can you expand on this please? I'm thinking these are something akin to Sweet's F1FV versions of their photo' strains?

Hello everybody and thanks again for your messages.
@Cotton46 Glad to hear that! Auto Haze has been one of our best autos for a while, but it is out of production for this year. You're really lucky to still have a few beans!

@Waira happy to see you found some nice strains in our collection. C99 was created from the original Brothers Grimm's C99. It is faster than the original, and produces fairly big, fruity (pineapple/grapefruit) buds. Grapefruit has the same genetic background of Iced Grapefruit, C99, Outdoor Grapefruit and SexBud. However, there are quite some variations in terms of flowering time, flavours, production and structure of the plants.
Cannot say that much on the fact that those are actually disappearing, but it's true that not so many companies have those specific strains in their collections.
Regarding the "semi-auto's" feature: I'd rather quote our breeder's words, as he was and he is one of the very first Dutch breeders, having started his career with Positronics, the first seedbank in Europe.

How semi-autoflowering is perceived , we leave up to the mind of the beholder.
All our semi-auto strains were developed before the automatic era. We started breeding automatic lines with our early-flowering lines in the beginning of the 90's.
We were after plants that not started flowering in spring, but started flowering very early in Summer. Plants first mature, then go into flower. So we went after the late maturing ones.. We sold the very early maturing ones as " early Misty " seeds, nowadays called "automatics". In those days we were not interested in them, because of the bad smoking qualities, like the first "low riders", that came to the market at the end of the 90's...
So our semi-automatic plants are late maturing (around 10 weeks), so they cannot flower in the spring, when they mature. The autoflowering gene kicks in, the plants start flowering from inside out, a few weeks later the plant starts to react on the shorter day length, and because the autoflowering gene induced the flowering, it starts to flower faster and heavier, with an early finish.
Half to end sept in Holland, maybe half August in California with high grade Buds , with good smoking properties.. In the past sometimes we sold some buds as indoor quality.. This was a big achievement in those days, and after that, we went after breeding reliable female seeds, while leaving the automatics for what they were.. A while later, others picked up that trail...
I hope those information are helpful. Again, if you need more info, just ask and I'll do my best to support you.

@Waira Last but not least: Just checked your last point about Sweet's F1FV.
This would require a more complicated answer, but in a nutshell, no, we have nothing to do with that and we do not sell any F1 seed, just stable genetics.
Hope this is enough. :)

Hello everybody and thanks again for your messages.
@Cotton46 Glad to hear that! Auto Haze has been one of our best autos for a while, but it is out of production for this year. You're really lucky to still have a few beans!

@Waira happy to see you found some nice strains in our collection. C99 was created from the original Brothers Grimm's C99. It is faster than the original, and produces fairly big, fruity (pineapple/grapefruit) buds. Grapefruit has the same genetic background of Iced Grapefruit, C99, Outdoor Grapefruit and SexBud. However, there are quite some variations in terms of flowering time, flavours, production and structure of the plants.
Cannot say that much on the fact that those are actually disappearing, but it's true that not so many companies have those specific strains in their collections.
Regarding the "semi-auto's" feature: I'd rather quote our breeder's words, as he was and he is one of the very first Dutch breeders, having started his career with Positronics, the first seedbank in Europe.

How semi-autoflowering is perceived , we leave up to the mind of the beholder.
All our semi-auto strains were developed before the automatic era. We started breeding automatic lines with our early-flowering lines in the beginning of the 90's.
We were after plants that not started flowering in spring, but started flowering very early in Summer. Plants first mature, then go into flower. So we went after the late maturing ones.. We sold the very early maturing ones as " early Misty " seeds, nowadays called "automatics". In those days we were not interested in them, because of the bad smoking qualities, like the first "low riders", that came to the market at the end of the 90's...
So our semi-automatic plants are late maturing (around 10 weeks), so they cannot flower in the spring, when they mature. The autoflowering gene kicks in, the plants start flowering from inside out, a few weeks later the plant starts to react on the shorter day length, and because the autoflowering gene induced the flowering, it starts to flower faster and heavier, with an early finish.
Half to end sept in Holland, maybe half August in California with high grade Buds , with good smoking properties.. In the past sometimes we sold some buds as indoor quality.. This was a big achievement in those days, and after that, we went after breeding reliable female seeds, while leaving the automatics for what they were.. A while later, others picked up that trail...
I hope those information are helpful. Again, if you need more info, just ask and I'll do my best to support you.
Well sounds like I'm very lucky!!! Wish I hadn't messed one of my beans up I only had two of them However, They both Germed perfect and this one I have going now is a beautiful little beast!!! Can't wait!!

Back