Live Stoners WE ARE NOT ALONE!

SOCRATES: But, friend Euthyphro, if that which is holy is the same with that which is dear to God, and is loved because it is holy, then that which is dear to God would have been loved as being dear to God; but if that which is dear to God is dear to him because loved by him, then that which is holy would have been holy because loved by him. But now you see that the reverse is the case, and that they are quite different from one another. For one (theophiles) is of a kind to be loved cause it is loved, and the other (osion) is loved because it is of a kind to be loved. Thus you appear to me, Euthyphro, when I ask you what is the essence of holiness, to offer an attribute only, and not the essence—the attribute of being loved by all the gods. But you still refuse to explain to me the nature of holiness. And therefore, if you please, I will ask you not to hide your treasure, but to tell me once more what holiness or piety really is, whether dear to the gods or not (for that is a matter about which we will not quarrel); and what is impiety?

EUTHYPHRO: I really do not know, Socrates, how to express what I mean. For somehow or other our arguments, on whatever ground we rest them, seem to turn round and walk away from us.

ME: You are loved, and your beliefs matter not.

Green:toke: thank you for participating. quoting Socrates is over my head.:eek1: I am not very intelligent, just have a good memory that gets me through life.:cooldance:
maybe you can dumb it down a little for me.:face:

Green:toke: thank you for participating. quoting Socrates is over my head.:eek1: I am not very intelligent, just have a good memory that gets me through life.:cooldance:
maybe you can dumb it down a little for me.:face:

He is fucking with Euthyphro, who believes in Gods and piety (church laws)

Socrates points out that there is no way to know what being Holy or Pious actually is. We can only guess, and it usually depends on what society you grow up in. He does not come out and say that he is an atheist (they would kill him) but is looking for a way to beat a case in court, so he proves that piety as a law is not Justice because piety or holiness can not be defined. It's humorous to me.

I only posted this stuff because the title of you thread. You attracted my nonsense with that.....

:biggrin::d5::pass:

please I enjoy your posts. :pass:you make me think. and that is the purpose of the thread.
your explanation was very understandable. I actually watched this show.:smokeout:

The point is that believing in things without proof is harmful to society, and feeds into the "fake news" narrative of a segment of society.
How much of this would stand up in court?

In spite of your "soft banning" of me from this thread, I will continue posting here in a respectful way for awhile so that claims that have no proof are recognized as such.
Hopefully others here can get an alternative, and in my opinion, more accurate view of these ufo "conspiracy theories."
Believing in things with out proof is harmful to society lol! Like swearing on the Bible when you testify in court! This world was raised up on believing in shit with no proof, have you ever seen someone come back to life after being dead for 3 days ? I think it all can be explained by atmospheric disturbances lol & perhaps some mold on the rye bread !

I say yes! to LSD being a benefit more useful than a college education.

seeds are soaking.:woohoo: one Shortstuff Super Cali Haze x Yeti. one Shortstuff Himalaya Orange Diesel. and on the right two Mephisto Ripleys OG.
sitting on my roku box, in to peat pellets tomorrow.:cheers: all this is theory, and the more we learn the more paradox shows, proving that we are just scratching the surface. of cosmology. Monkey's at play.:chimp:

song of the day....
DSC_0589.JPG

Back