Waira's 2024 Auto + Photo Mash Up grow gig

LBH said AHz was a fast photo or semi auto. All the clones that I took from her, ran under 18/6 light schedule, her started to show signs of flower with a couple of white pistils sticking out onto very top of each girl, but has not progressed past that stage. Now, is that normal for moms or is that the ruderalis gene showing itself? I just figure it was that particular gene showing itself. That's why I did not keep a Mom of AHz.

In my experience -- until recently, before autos were a thing, or fems were a thing -- all I grew were photo regs.
It's quite normal and common that when the seed-plant gets old enough, maybe four weeks or more, that it will show sex, but not go into flowering.
That means that along the main stem line, there will be these small calyxes and pistils at the node points.
Usually these calyxes don't really develop any trichomes on them much at all.
This is what is meant by being sexually mature -- not the same as them actually going into flower.
That's my experience with photo regs grown under HID lights at 18/6 for quite a few 'seasons'.
Can't say that all plants will do this though, and I do see people running sativa-dominant seed plants that really take their time to show sex.
I thought 'fast' photos, with an auto gene and a photo gene, could totally be kept as mother plants with 18/6?
Though some of these so-called semi-autos will trigger flower with things other than light cycles, such as low water levels, getting root-bound, etc.

In my experience -- until recently, before autos were a thing, or fems were a thing -- all I grew were photo regs.
It's quite normal and common that when the seed-plant gets old enough, maybe four weeks or more, that it will show sex, but not go into flowering.
That means that along the main stem line, there will be these small calyxes and pistils at the node points.
Usually these calyxes don't really develop any trichomes on them much at all.
This is what is meant by being sexually mature -- not the same as them actually going into flower.
That's my experience with photo regs grown under HID lights at 18/6 for quite a few 'seasons'.
Can't say that all plants will do this though, and I do see people running sativa-dominant seed plants that really take their time to show sex.
I thought 'fast' photos, with an auto gene and a photo gene, could totally be kept as mother plants with 18/6?
Though some of these so-called semi-autos will trigger flower with things other than light cycles, such as low water levels, getting root-bound, etc.
Thanks for the info, at least I know now! I thought that could be the case, but I just wasn't for sure.
If I'd known that, it probably wouldn't have changed anything, though. I mainly took her just in case the reversal didn't work. I probably could've kept her in my walk-in closet without a tent and just put a light in there to keep her alive. It just would have been too much of a hassle. Now, when I get my grow room built in my shop, I will definitely have a tent to store moms in.

Thanks for the Slaps! Hopefully I'll have some good results. I can see the progress moving upwards in the plant, so it looks pretty decent as far as that part goes. Hopefully it will be viable pollen. If it is I think I will have quite a bit of seeds! :biggrin: :headbang::headbang:

I think I'll have quite a bit of finger hash to work with just after the first girl I go through. It should give me enough encouragement to finish all the rest. a:eyebrows::rofl::rofl::rofl:

>>> MelonMadness x StrawDawg - @Jean-O - she's shifting gears now, no sooner than I crossed finger for a week+ more of veg' - :rolleyes2::rofl:
View attachment 1699319View attachment 1699320

>>> NevLimeWhite - just isn't a good pheno, dammit! You anticipate a grow of something for months+, see lots of great results....and you end up with 2/2 sorry plants- :doh: ..... Leaves on top zone look pale, some nute bitchiness I've seen before... Gonna try some Micro-Aminos + Transport (Optic Foliar) and see if that helps... I know Transport well, works wonders as a carrier/tissue penetrant, we'll see how this new micronute supp' does in combo!
View attachment 1699321

>>> NYSD x HeadBangerOG - think I see first signs of sex!
View attachment 1699322View attachment 1699323
She's filling out quite a bit more. The Straw Dawg FV I used in the cross seems to add a bit of a hair trigger to flowering. I'm running The Rev outdoors this year which is Straw Dawg FV x Animal Mint Cookies and she flipped the fastest outdoors this year and the Straw Dawg I ran flipped as soon as I put it out this spring.
The garden is looking real nice !

Well, it looks like I don't have to send an email to Jeremy! I was going to do it right after I got the girl in the freezer.
I haven't even watched the video yet as it just popped up in my feed.
Let's see if he answers your questions.

~~~<<< update time >>>~~~​

⏰ holy crap, Aug. is nearly gone already-
confused.png
.....upside: bloom time is here!

Most all the photo's are officially into it, a few hold-outs not quite there but the crowns are compacting so signs are soon.... A lot of nice filling out has happened on some, others not so much...
The stand out all the way is still the FireMoBA5T x C99a, which has blown TF up since the last update!
Definitely a pre-bloom shooter; she stacked some nice nodes up, not too lanky at all, and the crowns are looking full and tight... That said, I'm expecting some pretty NLD type buds....

....might as well start there...:smokeit:
*first round of night pics, some still doing that night droops thing*

>>> FMA5T x C99a -- excellent vigor the whole way; a little K symptoms showing, more likely deficiency that excess (symptoms often look the same ironically) but she's unfazed... Plenty going in now...
She seems to be moving fast into bloom, a C99a thing IME, so I hope it holds true... With this wild mix of genetics, anything is on the table for results and behavior!
fma5ta.jpg
fma5tb.jpg
w2.jpg
w3.jpg
w1.jpg

>>> Burmese Pure - She bushed up like I wanted after all; no solid sign of blooming yet, barely showing sex in fact...not a complaint, I wanted time for her to plump out and I got it- :thumbsup: ...fan nipping tomorrow, it's time to open up the canopy....
bp1.jpg
bp2.jpg
bp3.jpg

Last edited:
>>> Aunt of Farouk/SensiStar x CBD HazeXLauto - shaped up nicely for such a late start!
afss1.jpg
afss2.jpg

>>> MelonMadness x Strawdawg- @Jean-O -she's filled back in OK, considering...it'll be enough!
mmsd2.jpg
mmsd1.jpg

>>> Collins Ave- always gonna be a fugly one, and she takes the prize- :rofl: - but then other growers say the same... The sexy comes in the buds, aroma and high!
cav1.jpg
cav2.jpg

>>> GhostMaverick x 3BOG - super speedy semi-autos for the win!
ghmv1.jpg
ghmv5.jpg
ghmv2.jpg
ghmv3.jpg

>>> Lavender/MixedPurps x C99a - ditto :jointman: ...her brush stroke purple color on the leaves looks gorgeous....
lvmp1.jpg
lvmp2.jpg
lvmp3.jpg
lvmp4.jpg

>>> NYSD x HeadBangerOG - showed sex pretty early, but is taking her sweet f'ing time getting busy into bloom...damn divas! :rofl:
nyhb1.jpg
nyhba.jpg
nyhbb.jpg

>>> NevLimeWhite - still pissed off about getting 0/2 good pheno's on this one! :doh: ...anudda fugly one here, a mutie which may or may not produce good bud... have had both before from such plants, no telling 'til you're there unfortunately!
Other grows of her were fantastic, which kills me even more...
nlwh1.jpg
nlwh2.jpg

Back