Outdoor Vas’ Audacious Auto Attempt, Organic, 40 autos ,5 strains !!!

I was thinking about that but I had nothing on hand. I will start collecting it though as I come arcoss it
:thumbsup:

If you have an old computer power source kickin' around there will be a nice spool of copper wire inside. Though it'll be fine copper wire you can double it over a bunch of time to make a decent collar.

Glad ya got them dam slugs sorted Vas , glad we don't seem to have them here . :thumbsup:

Glad ya got them dam slugs sorted Vas , glad we don't seem to have them here . :thumbsup:

In a way its almost amazing that you don't have slugs given your higher humidity! Some local spots around me you can't put plants in the grass fields or they get pulverized.

In a way its almost amazing that you don't have slugs given your higher humidity! Some local spots around me you can't put plants in the grass fields or they get pulverized.

There is millions of frogs up there 912, would keep their numbers at bay, I've noticed not as many frogs, toads & beetles around here so far this year., @hecno I wonder if cane toads eat slugs ? not many around here at the moment.

While I go prefer to be as organic as possible (I have an allotment for fruit n veg) I have to confess I create a kill zone around my plants with slugbait/pellets (there are plenty that are relatively friendly to other wildlife). Once plants are well up out of the ground I don't find them much of a problem and there's no need for slugbait and the stems are strong enough for copper wiring.

I guess it's a question of what scale of losses you can tolerate - I guess if you have lots of plants then a few that don't make it are acceptable. But, if like me, you can only grow a few then it makes it all the more important to make sure they don't get eaten in the first place.

Last edited:
I used the the Iron EDTA Complex pellets which supposedly breakdown with no ill effect to soil life. I read that copper was considered the most effective protection. I have found those copper collars I made up to be perfect. The thing with the losses is more that these seeds cost me around $10 each, so I lost over $100 in beans, and of top strains too. Luckily I had a big order so I has some spares and freebies as back ups.
:pass:

Back