Indoor Vapo's Vivisection section.

The Focus would be my choice, it is designed for 80cm x 80cm to 100cm x 100cm which is plenty in your space, I think you already should have the best reflection and direct light ratio.
The horizon is for a space of 120cm x 240cm and as the name suggests it is casting more light horizontally, you efficiency would go down, any light that is reflected, loses some of it's power by it being absorbed by the reflective material and also through the longer distance the light has to travel. The focus is already designed to throw light up tp 25cm further than the walls of your tent, so this would be the best fit IMO.:2cents:
That's pretty much what I was thinking bro, I'm gonna swap them tomorrow :bow: ....also hehe, I have a Sun Systems Remote hood......I really want to use that....but I don't like the way the bulb fits in it.....in my Maxibright reflectors the bulb sort of locks in when fully twisted in....on the Sun Systems reflector, it doesn't...and it kind of grinds when it goes in......I don't want to put my new Philly in it haha:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::bow:

LOL,,,, On more than one occasion after watering or trimming I ended up with a bunch of bright spots in my vision,,,, lol

I found that I can cut one of the Samsung Sunboard in half mount it on a heatsink and use one of those 3d printed clamps to hang onto the uprights of the tent.
View attachment 1463498
Duuude....Nooice!!!....that's a great idea, well thought of dude...I like it alot!:worship:......and if I haven't said already....welcome to the show dude:welcome::welcome::toke::d5:

Hola AFN.....I fished out my cheap OTF microscope for my phone and got some shots of my Dutch Passion CBD Blackberry Kush...she is almost black now...I cut and hung her about 3-5 days ago.... @Antonio_DutchPassion I got some more great shots if you are interested dude...the new Auto strains look fantastic btw dude...
20220524_200736.jpg
20220524_200905.jpg
20220524_200953.jpg
20220524_201043.jpg
20220524_201218.jpg
20220524_201233.jpg
20220524_201250.jpg
20220524_201325.jpg
20220524_201426.jpg

I enjoy making things work, especially if I need to modify it!

and thanks for the welcome!
I enjoy tinkering with things too...I made my first reflector from a foil turkey dish... :crying: ...also dude hehe.....is that Popeye the Sailor man I see?

Hola AFN.....I fished out my cheap OTF microscope for my phone and got some shots of my Dutch Passion CBD Blackberry Kush...she is almost black now...I cut and hung her about 3-5 days ago.... @Antonio_DutchPassion I got some more great shots if you are interested dude...the new Auto strains look fantastic btw dude...View attachment 1463520View attachment 1463521View attachment 1463522View attachment 1463523View attachment 1463524View attachment 1463525View attachment 1463526View attachment 1463527View attachment 1463528
Can anyone tell me what the white "hairs!" are, top right of the last pic.....? @Waira

I enjoy tinkering with things too...I made my first reflector from a foil turkey dish... :crying: ...also dude hehe.....is that Popeye the Sailor man I see?
Old fart cantankerous popeye,,, damn near a selfie.... LOL

I did spend a career in naval aviation working on aircraft avionics and weapon systems, so it is fitting

Can anyone tell me what the white "hairs!" are, top right of the last pic.....? @Waira
Cystolithic hairs/ Cystolithic Trichomes, the ones you can see are often refereed to as "Bear Claws",
Cystolithic trichomes are also non-glandular and are similar in appearance to the simple unicellular trichomes. The only difference is that they're slightly curved in shape, resembling that of an animal claw. These trichomes primarily protect the plant from the elements as well as predators and fungus.
For a moment I did think that the sheer numbers of hair at the top right may have been Botrytis but they are not pin headed as you would expect from Botrytis spore heads.
You can see there are cystolic hairs (bear claws) here and there over the calyx.
It is amazing what you can start to see when you go macro!

Last edited:
Cystolithic hairs/ Cystolithic Trichomes, the ones you can see are often refereed to as "Bear Claws",
Cystolithic trichomes are also non-glandular and are similar in appearance to the simple unicellular trichomes. The only difference is that they're slightly curved in shape, resembling that of an animal claw. These trichomes primarily protect the plant from the elements as well as predators and fungus.
For a moment I did think that the sheer numbers of hair at the top right may have been Botrytis but they are not pin headed as you would expect from Botrytis spore heads.
You can see there are cystolic hairs (bear claws) here and there over the calyx.
It is amazing what you can start to see when you go macro!
I knew you would know/find out Arty haha...the macro world is soooo beautiful, I am deffo a fan!! :bighug:

Back