Grow Mediums Valentino First DWC Journal

Not a bad first run bro. next time get your rockwool or rapid rooters in the system befor your roots poke through the bottom.Looks like you have disturbed them & autos are down right stubborn about mussing their roots. I have had bad luck moving seedlings into the system late. will be interesting to see what they do once stretch starts. Keep at it!

Actually what's your temps? Could be cold feet.auto seedlings like it 78-85 F during vege. I'm not sure what that is celcius.

EDIT: That's air temps NOT nutrient .

Last edited:
Actually what's your temps? Could be cold feet.auto seedlings like it 78-85 F during vege. I'm not sure what that is celcius.

EDIT: That's air temps NOT nutrient .
Good information I like to have my temperature is up around that hi just because I grow with LEDs and I think it helps. But I have one tent it was warmer while my seedlings were developing and they're all doing much better than another temt where I just got one plant going on. So maybe that's also part of the issue I'm having.

Update:

However the Autodaiquiri Lime is doing awesome! Slow but i think this is normal for DWC

View attachment 620825 View attachment 620826

Your set up looks good. One thing I will mention is do yourself a favor and fill those net pots! You can not have any light getting into the bucket. .....ZERO light! You will be fighting algae and/or root rot if you don' fix that. I don't know why people are under the influence that DWC starts out slow. I don't seem to have that problem. What is the PH of your bucket? What is your PPM level? How high do you have the Mars light hanging above the plant?

Thanks for the advices guys!
Room temp is about 27-30 Celsius , 80-86 F.
The Mars light is 78cm from the top of the bucket, i can't put it higher.
Also i filled the basket with hydroton all the way just now.
Water PH is 6.7 due to Advance nutrients PH perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never used advanced nutrients do they tell you not to pH at all? Or do they just suggest you set the ph and not worry about it? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how of 6.7 pH could deliver some of the minerals that like to come in at lower pH like 5.8 or so.

Room temp is about 27-30 Celsius , 80-86 F.
The Mars light is 78cm from the top of the bucket, i can't put it higher.
Also i filled the basket with hydroton all the way just now.

You will want to move the light to 50cm(about 20 inches) from the top of the plant. I have found over many grows of different strains that 18 inches(about 47cm) is the happy zone for the MarsHydro 300w old model. Any closer and you will start getting light stress to the very top of the plant.

A PH of 6.7 makes me scratch my head too! This is the very reason I have never looked into the whole AN PH "perfect" line of nutes. I question if the high PH is the reason for your slow growth. I have seen AN PH perfect grows go both ways, very high or very low on the PH scale and the grower refused to change the PH because they said the bottle said not to. Then they wondered why their plants had problems.

Back